Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: So it's the Isthmian South Central then. by TOWN COLOURSYesterday 15:01Yesterday at 15:01:26view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Dorchester Predictions by harrowred27/3/2023 11:52Mon Mar 27 11:52:25 2023view thread

2-0 Gosport

By harrowred (RedHarrow)25/3/2023 17:27Sat Mar 25 17:27:24 2023

Views: 637

Terrible result. the fat lady is singing. Isthmian south central here we come

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: 2-0 Gosport

By geemickey25/3/2023 18:00Sat Mar 25 18:00:04 2023In response to 2-0 GosportTop of thread

Views: 549

Let's hope it is Isthmian South-Central, where there are at least seven immediately attractive fixtures, rather than Southern Div 1 Central with about three !

Harrow Borough will look more like a 'big fish' in either lower division - so hopefully they can be a winning club, attract better players who may welcome less travelling. Lower travelling costs will be a benefit but the club may have to survive on a more modest budget if sponsors reduce their contributions, as is perhaps likely.

It will be a sad day for the club if relegation is confirmed. No doubt there will be an inquest, whatever happens.
Was it quality of players, poor coaching, fitness or motivation, lack of team spirit, tactics, bad luck - or what ?

The Board and supporters deserve better and will have their views ........

Edited by geemickey at 18:03:20 on 25th March 2023

By Earlsmead part-timer25/3/2023 19:31Sat Mar 25 19:31:26 2023In response to Re: 2-0 GosportTop of thread

Views: 534

A sad day for the Boro.
The Isthmian South Central is the logical choice I would have thought.

One thing for sure is Harrow are going to have to lower their ticket prices.
If you're looking to go to a non-league game at that level why go to Earlsmead when you can buy a season ticket at Northwood FC for £49 ?

All the League games left now are dead rubbers imo .
Wouldn't be surprised if we don't win anymore league games this season.
The last one against Yate will be the non-league football equivalent of two bald men fighting over a comb.

By Middx Wanderer25/3/2023 17:41Sat Mar 25 17:41:57 2023In response to 2-0 GosportTop of thread

Views: 576

To be brushed aside that easily by a another team down the bottom is an embarrassment.

Tactics, if there were any, were all wrong . We had to get it high early & pressure their back 4. We didn't really lay a glove on them

By The Majors Hat25/3/2023 18:06Sat Mar 25 18:06:21 2023In response to Re: 2-0 GosportTop of thread

Views: 557

White flag waved after a few minutes.
They wanted it more.
They were more physical.
They knew what they were doing.
We looked like a bunch of 14 year olds who had met for the first time today.
Lack of passion and leadership.
The team can't hide behind George's miracle goals anymore.
This side has flatlined.
The level of urgency and commitment in a must win game was pretty shameful.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)25/3/2023 18:44Sat Mar 25 18:44:57 2023In response to Re: 2-0 GosportTop of thread

Views: 561

I’d say there’s definitely a thought in my mind that SB should go now and let someone take over (who doesn’t care what league we are in next season), and have a go for the last 5 games. He could work with the players and see who he wants to use ahead of next year. SB has been superb for us and probably doesn’t deserve that, plus the cup final is still there.

Gosport took their chances well and played the right game. Can’t disagree they wanted it more. Dived all over the place and frustrated us.

I thought Leonard being subbed was a strange one. I’d have shifted Adenola to right back and taken Charles Cook off instead.

Who knows. Is it too optimistic to think we might get 6 points in the next two games and be back in with a chance?

Edited by RedHarrow at 18:49:13 on 25th March 2023

1 person likes this 1 person   

By The Majors Hat26/3/2023 11:25Sun Mar 26 11:25:15 2023In response to Re: 2-0 GosportTop of thread

Views: 457

It's a very strange situation.
Announce that the manager is leaving at the end of the season but is going to stay on and shuffle the deckchairs on the Titanic.
The players don't appear to know what the game plan is (if there is one) and look like they are going through the motions.
There's a lot of heads in the sand going on.
If staying up was a priority, there would have been changes made.
Looks like the travel budget is actually more important after all 😪

1 person likes this 1 person   

By harrowred (RedHarrow)26/3/2023 14:24Sun Mar 26 14:24:08 2023In response to Re: 2-0 GosportTop of thread

Views: 399

Swings and roundabouts I suppose. Will we be financially better off or worse? I feel like ticket prices might have to be reduced but being honest, the people who are Boro fans will continue to attend regardless. It’s not a large group, but a loyal group. I don’t think attendances will drop dramatically, and with more local games, we may even get a few extra away fans?

There will be less money spent on travelling and probably less on wages, unless the club decide they want to go straight back for promotion. I wonder how our current budget would compare to others in the Isthmin Div 1 SC. I suppose it’s a possibility that we could go to Southern South Div 1 Central but I’d think North Leigh and Kings Langley would be likely to go there. Let’s not forget that I think Guernsey are responsible for paying for away teams to fly to them, so that’s another away game with no expenses.

There could be more chance of more money though as I think we will enter the Trophy and FA Cup at earlier stages? This is of course balanced out with the fact you would be less likely to go further in the competition.

Sponsorship may be lower but if there are a similar amount of fans at games, it probably won’t be much different. One difference is that there are currently less games to play in the league below.

The problem is it’s so hard to get out of step 4. Leatherhead and Merstham who both fell into that division last year are currently 14th and 17th. We can’t allow ourselves to be lulling at the bottom of that division too. East Thurrock who went into the Div 1 N are only 8th and likely won’t make the playoffs.

Edited by RedHarrow at 14:29:30 on 26th March 2023

By Adezeroonie25/3/2023 23:17Sat Mar 25 23:17:27 2023In response to Re: 2-0 GosportTop of thread

Views: 505

Very disappointing. No creativity. Can anyone recollect Harrow putting a decent move together that resulted in a shot on goal? Very much long ball hit and hope with Chuck being unable to hold the ball up and lay it off. That being the case the team needed to out muscle the opposition but didn’t really come close. I didn’t think Gosport were particularly good tbh.

Previous thread: Relegation ? by geemickey20/3/2023 11:14Mon Mar 20 11:14:12 2023view thread