Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: New signings by The Majors HatToday 08:09Today at 08:09:05view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro 1 - 2 Dorchester by The Majors Hat29/3/2023 07:03Wed Mar 29 07:03:26 2023view thread

Dorchester Predictions

By harrowred (RedHarrow)27/3/2023 11:52Mon Mar 27 11:52:25 2023

Views: 418

Where do we go from here? Down probably. But if we win our next two games there’s a chance we can survive.

Dorchester have the worst goal difference bar Gosport of the teams not in the relegation zone. They’ve lost their last 4 without scoring. They haven’t won since beating Hanwell 3-0 in early February. Since then they’ve conceded 20 goals in 8 games, scoring 4. They have won only 3 times away from home this season, their last coming against Hartley at the start of January.. They are one of only two teams below us in the form guide over the last 4, 6 and 8 games. Our record is identical over the last 10 games. This is our chance to turn the tide. If we don’t win on Tuesday, we clearly deserve to go down (it’s quite clear already).

Hopefully we go with an attacking team. I’d like to see us lineup as follows;

Knightbridge
Adenola Hart Kandolo Biler
Leonard Ikebuasi N-Williams
Chukwu, Ewington, Brosnan.

Let’s throw caution to the wind, try and get some goals and 3 points.

If things go our way, next Saturday evening the table could look like this;

Winchester P38 - 39 Points
Gosport P38 - 39 Points
Hendon P37 - 38 Points
————————————-
Harrow P38 - 37 Points
North Leigh P38 - 32 Points
Hartley P38 - 28 Points
Yate P38 - 28 Points

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Dorchester Predictions

By The Majors Hat28/3/2023 08:45Tue Mar 28 08:45:20 2023In response to Dorchester PredictionsTop of thread

Views: 362

We'd all like to see that table in the non league paper on Sunday morning.
However, I'm more likely to wake up next to Kate Upton than that table.
The post Gosport interview was very telling.
The players aren't listening to instructions and tactics. It's appeared that way for quite a while now.
So neither us or Dorchester have scored a goal in the last 7 games combined.
If we defend the way we did for the Gosport opener on Saturday it'll be them who break the drought first.
Our paperweight midfield has been bullied every game during the abysmal league run.
We simply don't have the physicality to compete in this division.
Wassmer on his Gosport debut last Saturday was snarling at his fellow defenders and winning every header.
We don't have anyone who wants to be aggressive on the pitch until after the final whistle and embarrassingly in the bar after games.
If the FA trophy Boro turn up tonight, we have a chance.
Unfortunately, with no George and the players ignoring the managers instructions I can't see anything other than another nail in the relegation coffin defeat.

By TOWN COLOURS27/3/2023 20:56Mon Mar 27 20:56:32 2023In response to Dorchester PredictionsTop of thread

Views: 415

Interesting post Harrow Red.

As you say if things go well for us over the next few games then we are in with a chance . 2 wins on the bounce would breed confidence.

Personally I would include Hamilton who I think has done pretty well at the back. If Ezzra is fit then that would be a massive bonus. Billy seems to have lost confidence and I cannot remember the last time he produced a save from the opposition goalkeeper. Also he seems lightweight in midfield - Plymouth game and others since have proved that. He has been good for us but sadly recently has been off form.

So I would put Hamilton at the back and push Prince forward instead of Billy.

Need to start with a win Tuesday - fingers well and truly crossed.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)28/3/2023 12:47Tue Mar 28 12:47:05 2023In response to Re: Dorchester PredictionsTop of thread

Views: 396

All fair points Majors and Town. I’m trying to be optimistic!

I totally agree that the post Gosport interview with SB was damning. Players clearly are not listening to his instructions. I’m surprised that he wants to stay on as manager if that is happening.

For sure the first goal tonight will be vital. Whoever concedes first is likely to drop their heads.

Talking of Wassmer on debut for Gosport, rumour has it Gosport are paying him £500 a week. Certainly putting money where their mouth is!!

By The Majors Hat28/3/2023 17:21Tue Mar 28 17:21:37 2023In response to Re: Dorchester PredictionsTop of thread

Views: 292

There's certainly some crazy money being spent in this division.
Whoever takes over in the summer and whatever division we are in - we need to get some physicality in the midfield and at the back.
Ian Holloway used the analogy piano players and piano movers.
We don't have any piano movers, only piano players who decided to play three blind mice when they've been asked to perform Fur Elise.

By Earlsmead part-timer27/3/2023 19:09Mon Mar 27 19:09:08 2023In response to Dorchester PredictionsTop of thread

Views: 447

I really hope we can win it and on Saturday, but I'm not holding me breath.

Previous thread: 2-0 Gosport by harrowred25/3/2023 17:27Sat Mar 25 17:27:24 2023view thread