Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Next Season by Middx Wanderer26/4 13:00Fri Apr 26 13:00:01 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Southern League South - Betting Odds by The Majors Hat26/7/2023 09:17Wed Jul 26 09:17:58 2023view thread

Exciting times

By Seaside Red5/8/2023 08:11Sat Aug 5 08:11:43 2023

Views: 415

Heading up from the West Sussex coast today for the first league game of the season (HOORAH). Really looking forward to seeing how the new look Boro shape up in what I think will be a tough game against a team probably still riding on the crest of a wave. It will be interesting to observe our new management team on the bench. Never cared for Mr Baker and his lots constant bawling at the players and officials. My spy’s tell me the bench are far more constructive, thank god. I wonder if we will wear a shiny new sponsored kit today. Oh the excitement of a new season!! See you all this afternoon.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Agonising times

By harrowred (RedHarrow)5/8/2023 19:41Sat Aug 5 19:41:47 2023In response to Exciting timesTop of thread

Views: 423

Well, where to start?

Probably with the madness which happened at the end. 5 mins added. 5 mins added played. Ref told our players 1 min left. A min later they score. Damn. Hugely annoying and at that point resigned to conceding to draw, with the last kick of the game. What was to follow was bemusing. Somehow another 3-4 mins was found and with Totton throwing everything forward, they got a deflected goal to win. God knows where the ref got that additional time from.

We weren’t helped by an elbow from Ross Oulton, a few minutes after coming on as a sub to shore up the midfield. An experienced player who, I don’t think intended to use his elbow, but definitely led/caught the opposing player with it. JB went very defensive after that, effectively going to 5 at the back with the other 4 across the midfield. We defended resolutely, we look organised and soaked up a lot of the pressure pretty well.

We didn’t do a lot in the second half attacking wise, but Excellence Muhemba nearly scored the goal of the season, running the length of the pitch on the counter attack only to be thwarted by their keeper.

In the first half we played really well. We looked well organised, had a good pressing game and played some good football. Reece Mitchell scored a cracking finish and had a very good game defensively on the wing too. I was impressed with Ibhrahim in midfield and the whole back line looked very assured. If the team plays consistently like this through the season, we should have enough to be comfortable.

As for JB and his management team, they were certainly more pragmatic and restrained rather than shouty. A good start despite the result in my eyes!

Re: Agonising times

By Adezeroonie5/8/2023 21:26Sat Aug 5 21:26:49 2023In response to Agonising timesTop of thread

Views: 338

Robbed in my view. If there were only 5 extra minutes why were the goals timed at 97 and 99??

JB showed a lot of nous and the team played well. Hugely disappointing.

Previous thread: Totton Preview and Predictions by harrowred4/8/2023 20:11Fri Aug 4 20:11:46 2023view thread