Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Farnham 4 Boro 0 by NonLeaguePro17/9 21:40Tue Sep 17 21:40:18 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: saturday 17th by qprboy198914/8 18:45Wed Aug 14 18:45:04 2024view thread

Boro v Ashford Town

By Middx Wanderer7/8 09:26Wed Aug 7 09:26:58 2024

Views: 498

For the 2nd year running we start the season with an almost new team. I personally am far more confident of a decent competitive season this year.

Before a ball has been kicked its difficult to know how good any opponents are, but I think its likely that Ashford will be a mid table side, so an opportunity to get off to a good start.

The atmosphere around the club is far better, so expecting a good match day experience .

COYR's

Edited by Middx Wanderer at 09:28:56 on 7th August 2024

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Boro v Ashford Town

By The Majors Hat8/8 07:13Thu Aug 8 07:13:12 2024In response to Boro v Ashford TownTop of thread

Views: 495

Definitely a one team atmosphere between the players, management and supporters now.
It's been interesting to see the new team progress in pre season.
Results aren't the important part of pre season. It's more about getting players to gel and building understanding.
It's noticeable that in the first couple of PSF players would be making the same runs and we ended up with 2 players getting in eaxh others way.
As the games have progressed that's not happening as much. It's still a work in progress but there are good signs.
We should be aiming for a top half / play off spot. Anything else would be a bonus.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)8/8 20:47Thu Aug 8 20:47:29 2024In response to Re: Boro v Ashford TownTop of thread

Views: 507

I agree it’s hard to know how good some other sides will be, but quite a few have decent investment and a number of others have decent pedigree and things can change quickly for teams like Binfield who finished relatively low last season. I really don’t know what to make of it, we could easily be top 6 or struggling to survive a second relegation. Nothing against Ben and the players, but I think this will be a really even and competitive league. As much as I’d like to see a push for playoffs, I’d also take 12th and stabilise.

I think we have a good chance to start the first game with a win, but they also did win away at Northwood in the FA Cup so potentially could be sharper than us, having played a competitive game.

My prediction for the opening game;

1-1
Boro to equalise after Ashford open the scoring early on. Hamilton-Olise with our goal.

By Adezeroonie10/8 21:34Sat Aug 10 21:34:27 2024In response to Re: Boro v Ashford TownTop of thread

Views: 461

Heroic performance from the lads today. Exciting stuff.

Met Ben before the game. Very friendly guy. I think it will be a pleasant way to spend a Saturday this season. No sign of the sort of aggression we saw on occasion last year. Things are looking up.

By Earlsmead part-timer11/8 19:27Sun Aug 11 19:27:26 2024In response to Re: Boro v Ashford TownTop of thread

Views: 398

Good to see Brian is back with "the pen" writing up the match reports.
Vital stuff for the likes of us who can't get to many games .

Keep up the good work 👍

By Borofan11/8 19:43Sun Aug 11 19:43:02 2024In response to Re: Boro v Ashford TownTop of thread

Views: 410

I enjoyed the match report as always and always good to see a boro win

By Middx Wanderer11/8 20:58Sun Aug 11 20:58:20 2024In response to Re: Boro v Ashford TownTop of thread

Views: 392

& a very good match experience was had !

Entertaining match, some genuine grit & determination, a few new faces on the terraces. Home win, packed front bar after the match. That's the real Harrow Boro.

3 people like this 3 people   

By NonLeaguePro13/8 17:16Tue Aug 13 17:16:29 2024In response to Re: Boro v Ashford TownTop of thread

Views: 311

Totally agree with every word.
Such a great day, so many fans seemed totally in tandem with each other full of joy & the players seemed genuinely proud to wear the shirt & play with guile.
Must say the defending was terrific & the lads that came on at halftime were just what their teammates required…what a keeper by the way😂
I’ve not seen a team from any non-league level perform with such spirit in a while….lets face it 99 times out of 100 that game is lost with 9 men.

This makes me want to be at every game possible, so good.

Edited by NonLeaguePro at 17:18:52 on 13th August 2024

Previous thread: League position predictions by geemickey10/8 12:17Sat Aug 10 12:17:56 2024view thread