Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Berry Sacked by Fulham redToday 13:43Today at 13:43:52view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 3-1 win by harrowred22/4/2023 18:48Sat Apr 22 18:48:58 2023view thread

Cup final predictions

By harrowred (RedHarrow)19/4/2023 11:31Wed Apr 19 11:31:29 2023

Views: 416

We’ve played Hayes 3 times this season, winning one, losing one and drawing one so it would seem the teams are evenly matched - at least in matchups rather than league position! H&Y will be favourites but did play on Monday night. It was a convincing 7-0 win over Tiverton who seemed to be injury stricken and played 3 16 year olds. However, with H&Y not able to reach the playoffs, I’d be surprised if they also put out their strongest lineup. They have to face Tiverton again tomorrow evening, a result of the recent bad weather. In terms of form, they’ve won 5 and lost 4 of their last 9 in the league. They’re averaging 2.5 goals a game since the start of March and are also conceding more than 1 a game in that span. Therefore I’m going for a 2-1 comeback win for Hayes.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Cup final predictions

By The Majors Hat19/4/2023 12:04Wed Apr 19 12:04:39 2023In response to Cup final predictions Top of thread

Views: 358

I'd be more optimistic if Hayes had something to play for in their long trip to Tiverton tomorrow night.
Winning tonight will be more importantly than the league game tomorrow.
Head says 3-1 to Hayes.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)19/4/2023 13:37Wed Apr 19 13:37:18 2023In response to Re: Cup final predictions Top of thread

Views: 331

Yes I meant I would have been surprised if they put out their strongest team on Monday. Would imagine today would be what they want to win most.

By Earlsmead part-timer19/4/2023 17:29Wed Apr 19 17:29:54 2023In response to Re: Cup final predictions Top of thread

Views: 324

Of course I hope we win, but I can only see H&Y winning.

Surely they will put out a strong team today and not bother with a totally pointless game in Devon tomorrow.

By Middx Wanderer19/4/2023 14:09Wed Apr 19 14:09:39 2023In response to Re: Cup final predictions Top of thread

Views: 347

Heart hopes for a win, head says we will match them for an hour. Then fall behind

By harrowred (RedHarrow)19/4/2023 21:45Wed Apr 19 21:45:39 2023In response to Re: Cup final predictions Top of thread

Views: 320

Well, that performance shows what we have all known for months; that we are utter garbage. The team stopped playing for Baker ages ago, he should have gone when that happened. I get the idea about announcing his departure publicly in the hope that it would have some affect. It clearly didn’t. Hindsight’s a great thing but it’s the reason we are down. Had we changed manager 6 weeks ago, we might have had a chance to stay up.

Let’s hope whoever comes in (anyone know when that’s announced?) can stop a slump and revitalise the club at step 4. Lulling near the bottom half at that level will not be welcome at all.

By The Majors Hat20/4/2023 09:02Thu Apr 20 09:02:50 2023In response to Re: Cup final predictions Top of thread

Views: 375

Hard to argue against any of that.
Poor defending and physically outmatched from the start.
Word was last night that Gary Meakin and Wayne Carter are two of the applicants who have been interviewed this week.
This disaster of a season can't finish soon enough.
I fully expect Yate to turn us over on Saturday to rub salt into the wounds.

By Earlsmead part-timer20/4/2023 09:32Thu Apr 20 09:32:11 2023In response to Re: Cup final predictions Top of thread

Views: 335

Yep hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I have to agree with Harrowred and the Majors.
Bakes has been brilliant for us over the years but the signs were there back in the autumn that things weren't right imo.

When Steve announced that he was leaving at the end of the season the club should have parted ways with him there and then.
Not sure ( please correct me if I'm wrong ) but when Meakin announced he was resigning from Beaconsfield at the end of this season, their management didn't hang around and they parted ways a few days later , they didn't let him stay on . All if's and buts I know.

Definitely into uncharted waters now in step 4 .

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 09:36:05 on 20th April 2023
Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 09:37:49 on 20th April 2023
Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 09:40:29 on 20th April 2023
Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 09:44:26 on 20th April 2023

1 person likes this 1 person   

By The Majors Hat20/4/2023 10:00Thu Apr 20 10:00:58 2023In response to Re: Cup final predictions Top of thread

Views: 353

Spot on about Meakin at Beaconsfield.
One of Simon's excellent match reports after the end of season resignation was announced highlighted that you'd never seen a team suddenly start playing well after such an announcement.
There's been a lot of talking by the tea bar at recent matches, where the concensus has been that relegation was the favoured outcome from senior officials at the club.
Putting a new manager in charge for the final 10 league games would have jeopardised that plan.

Edited by The Majors Hat at 11:09:39 on 20th April 2023

By harrowred (RedHarrow)20/4/2023 11:21Thu Apr 20 11:21:20 2023In response to Re: Cup final predictions Top of thread

Views: 311

Well if that is the case, then there’s no real reason to push back for promotion? Although I do understand that sometimes taking a step back can allow for two steps forwards.

My preference out of those two names would be for Meakin. Track record at Step 3 since gaining promotion with Beaconsfield and has racked up over 500 games in management and is only just about 40 years of age. Obviously knows the club having played here and maybe coached the reserves at some point?

Wayne Carter was joint manager of Hanwell when they came up and moved to Chertsey to manage individually. Was dismissed early this season whilst Chertsey were in 6th position. I reckon both would have some familiarity with the current players (if any were to stay or are good enough to stay).

Look forward to seeing who is appointed. I imagine it won’t be long until the announcement.

Previous thread: Poole Predictions by harrowred15/4/2023 12:49Sat Apr 15 12:49:17 2023view thread