Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Berry Sacked by harrowred21/5 21:18Tue May 21 21:18:11 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Brentford v Harrow Boro Big Match Preview by Terry15/4/2019 21:46Mon Apr 15 21:46:29 2019view thread

Middlesex Senior Cup Final @ Griffin Park 16 th April

By TOWN COLOURS9/4/2019 20:38Tue Apr 9 20:38:29 2019

Views: 768

This match is approaching fast. Brentford are a class team . I hope and assume Steve Baker has gone to watch them play Welling Utd in the London Senior Cup Final tonight. Any thoughts on what sort of team we should field? I personally think it is time to give Jordan Ireland a start - especially as he has now fully recovered from his injury. With that in mind I believe he should start Saturday as well. Perhaps the team for Saturday should mirror the match against Brentford. So what do we think?

reply to this article | return to the front page

My Starting Xl For Saturdays Game For Wimbourne.

By Terry10/4/2019 09:00Wed Apr 10 09:00:16 2019In response to Middlesex Senior Cup Final @ Griffin Park 16 th AprilTop of thread

Views: 756

As Town Colours asked for Last night some ideas for the teams against Wimbourne Saturday and Brentford in The Big Cup Final Next Tues.
If its ok Town Colours l shall pick Saturdays Team now and Brentford on Sunday so we can assess things after Saturday.
As l have said before l have no inside info about injuries or player availability and of course this is just for fun so forum members can have their own ideas and debate things.
Steve Baker is responsible for picking the team and no one else.So this is my team to beat Wimbourne.
1 Hafed Al Duoubi
2 Josh Andrew
3 George Moore
4 Shaun Preddie
5 Nathienal Oseni
6 Mark Mcleod(C)
7 Jordan Ireland
8 Mark Bitmead
9 Anthony O'Connor
10 Micheal Bryan
11 Frank Keita
Subs Ryan Moss Ryan Haugh
Adam Perara Lewis Cole
Excellence Muhemba.
So thats my starting Xl.Town Colours has jogged my memory about Jordan and so Long as hes fit ok Lets give him a go.He should be up for it being out of the team for a while.Im sticking with Anthony and Mark they copped a bit after Saturday but the bottom Line is they were in positions to score so lm sure with practice in training they will sort it.
Looking at the team we should have far to much for Lowly Wimbourne and lm expecting 3 Vital points on Saturday to keep us in the play off race.
Anyone else with ideas for the team please come forward.Name a full team or who should be in or out.
Its just for fun so we can put some ideas in the mix.
So Come On You Reds!

Edited by Terry at 09:05:07 on 10th April 2019

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: My Starting Xl For Saturdays Game For Wimbourne.

By TOWN COLOURS11/4/2019 20:30Thu Apr 11 20:30:06 2019In response to My Starting Xl For Saturdays Game For Wimbourne.Top of thread

Views: 743

Hi Terry. In case you don't know Brentford lost to Welling Utd Tuesday in the LSC final 1-0. That probably will make them more determined to win Tuesday coming when we play them at Griffin Park. Both George Moore and Hafed are suspended for the Final. In my opinion we should play Berkley in goal Saturday if possible to get both him and the defence used to playing together in time for the final. What do you think?
Should we also leave out George as well?

Whats The Bigger Game!.

By Terry11/4/2019 21:38Thu Apr 11 21:38:00 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl For Saturdays Game For Wimbourne.Top of thread

Views: 726

Of course another the question is what is the bigger game.
Is is our vital game v Wimbourne or a Glamour final v Brentford.
Im a super optimist but we have a mountain to climb to finish 5th.We need to win all 4 matches hope Poole and Kings Langley stumble and yes Lady Luck needs to take a shine to us too.Unlike Last Saturday with that Linesman.
But Tuesday should be a great evening to play at a Championship ground WoW!
My view Saturday is a bigger game because l would rate promotion higher acheivement than winning a Cup.
But whatever happens this has been one of our best seasons for a Long time and its not over yet.So Come On You Reds!

Edited by Terry at 21:40:54 on 11th April 2019
Edited by Terry at 21:41:54 on 11th April 2019
Edited by Terry at 21:43:41 on 11th April 2019

Re: My Starting Xl For Saturdays Game For Wimbourne.

By Terry11/4/2019 20:48Thu Apr 11 20:48:46 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl For Saturdays Game For Wimbourne.Top of thread

Views: 716

Hello Town Colours Good Evening.Thanks for telling me about Hafed and George not playing on Tues thats very bad Luck for them and as a fan my heart goes out to them.
As for Saturday in my view we have to play our strongest team as its a must win match.So Hafed and George and of course you jogged my memory with Jordan and he absolutely needs a chance to play.All 3 to start.
Ive checked with the bookies and we are around 4/6 mark obviously thats more of our reflection for our need to win than our current home form.
Im doing a match preview around 8.30 am in the morning where l shall spell out whats needed Saturday.
Im then tied up in the afternoon for a business meeting!
Been a tough day today Town Colours.My mum passed away 6 years ago this day.It always helps being in contact with people thanks mate.

Edited by Terry at 20:49:38 on 11th April 2019

Re: Middlesex Senior Cup Final @ Griffin Park 16 th April

By Terry9/4/2019 21:31Tue Apr 9 21:31:44 2019In response to Middlesex Senior Cup Final @ Griffin Park 16 th AprilTop of thread

Views: 760

Hello Town Colours Good Evening lm one the few Like you not concerned with The Champions League rubbish.
Lets talk some real football.
Yes absolutely we must play our strongest team for both games if thats not too obvious being Irish!Same team for both games as you must play your bestXl.
As for Jordan hes got talent hes comfortable on the ball he can pick a pass my only concern with him sometimes needs to work harder without the ball be a bit more aggresive.You thrown one into the mix now and lm going name my team for Wimbourne in the morning and The Griffin Park team too.
Not an easy one for Steve because playing at Griffin Park all our guys are going to want to play.
I hope at Griffin Park we take the game to em if we Lose 3or4 no disgrace Lets give it a good go.
A week tonight. lm so excited!
Thanks for that excellent post Town Colours l dont know how much sleep l shall get with pressure of naming the team.Which is Just for fun of course.
Im going to name it 8.30 am in the morning starting Xl for both games and the 5 Subs.So Come On You Reds!

Edited by Terry at 21:42:41 on 9th April 2019

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Earlsmead part-timer14/4/2019 21:26Sun Apr 14 21:26:18 2019In response to Re: Middlesex Senior Cup Final @ Griffin Park 16 th AprilTop of thread

Views: 691

I don't care what team is fielded, whoever it is I just hope they go out there and give it a real go.
Put the poor league form behind them and do not only the club and fans proud but themselves proud.
I'm really looking forward to it go out there and make Harrow Borough history lads !
C'mon U Reds !
This thread should be up the top now at least until the next league match .

By Terry14/4/2019 21:47Sun Apr 14 21:47:29 2019In response to Re: Middlesex Senior Cup Final @ Griffin Park 16 th AprilTop of thread

Views: 713

Good Evening Earlsmead Part Timer
Agreed l hope the guys do themselves justice on Tues night give it a good go and see what happens.
As l have just replied to Cappers the whole set up needs a good shake up with new players to come in and much harder work attitude needed.
If some of the current squad cant buy into that tough and they must be shown the door.
We need a Vast improvement on what we saw Saturday attitude wise.From the subs treating it all as a joke during the half time break to the Lack of improvement of certain players who l dont believe work hard enough in training.

Edited by Terry at 21:47:54 on 14th April 2019

By TOWN COLOURS15/4/2019 18:15Mon Apr 15 18:15:08 2019In response to Re: Middlesex Senior Cup Final @ Griffin Park 16 th AprilTop of thread

Views: 714

Just taken delivery of my ticket for the final tomorrow night. Looking forward to watching the side playing on a league ground. It doesn't happen that often so whatever the result, it should be an enjoyable occasion. Come on you Reds!!!

By Terry15/4/2019 19:19Mon Apr 15 19:19:53 2019In response to Re: Middlesex Senior Cup Final @ Griffin Park 16 th AprilTop of thread

Views: 674

Hello Town Colours yes its exciting lve got go from Wood Green to South Ealing.
As lm on an induction with William Hill there tpmorrow.
Thats Commitment for you!
Just hope the guys dont sit back and go for it and if we Lose 3or4 its no disgrace whatever team Brentford put out they are full time proffesionals.
Just want to see some fight some urgency which we just didnt see enough of Saturday.
Look forward to seeing you there tomorrow night.
So Come On You Reds!

Previous thread: Players Who Maybe Released Or Brought In by Terry14/4/2019 20:07Sun Apr 14 20:07:41 2019view thread