ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Tyrone Barnett by MoleyYesterday 22:25Yesterday at 22:25:38view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator14/2/2015 11:54Sat Feb 14 11:54:00 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Seems yesterday's news was news to everyone ... by Hullablue16/6 10:53Sat Jun 16 10:53:42 2018view thread

Re: Kelvin Langmead

By quasi14/6 07:33Thu Jun 14 07:33:44 2018In response to Re: Kelvin Langmead

Views: 673

"now those that want a part time team are going to get one
WHY because the outgoing chairman cant sustain the club in its present guise"

Doesn't that suggest that the model didn't add up?

From what I understand the real income is from the academy but I've still never seen an explanation why we couldn't have had an academy without a full time first team. The 2 don't have to be inter-linked surely?

My main issue with the model was that it simply didn't feel right. Can't put it into words but it just felt alien and left me thoroughly disconnected. I don't want my club so brazenly used as a shop window. After going for decades religiously I doubt I've seen 10 matches in last 2 seasons. Wasn't a purposeful boycott I just lost the attachment and simply didn't want to attend. Attendances suggest there's many have felt similar. If we go back to being a "normal" part time team next season (even if it's a shit one) that has basic communication with supporters I think I'll return and I don't think I'm the only one.

Edited by quasi at 07:43:19 on 14th June 2018
Edited by quasi at 07:44:15 on 14th June 2018

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Kelvin Langmead by joetowny14/6 08:31Thu Jun 14 08:31:41 2018

Previous thread: Another new signing by Lord of the Manor16/6 19:14Sat Jun 16 19:14:43 2018view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.