I wasn't implying that the players are self-employed, I was asking the question as it was stated that the players could claim from the government scheme. The point I was trying to make was that if that if they are employed the club then the club has to pay them the 80% first and then claim it back on their PAYE return. They can only claim direct from the government if they are self-employed.
There is a lot of misunderstanding that if a company furloughs its employees the government steps in. That is not the case, the company has to pay them first. This is causing major problems because once you have closed the business down it wont have any income coming in to pay any wages unless it is sitting on a pile of cash.
Next article in this thread: Re: Wages by VS Town1/4 18:14Wed Apr 1 18:14:58 2020
- Wages by almost average 21/4 12:53Wed Apr 1 12:53:50 2020view thread
- Re: Wages by stone ragma1/4 12:56Wed Apr 1 12:56:38 2020 1 person
- Re: Wages by Halftime1/4 13:28Wed Apr 1 13:28:49 2020
- THIS ^^^ by VS Town1/4 18:13Wed Apr 1 18:13:23 2020
- Re: Wages by stone ragma1/4 14:57Wed Apr 1 14:57:32 2020
- Re: Wages by Halftime2/4 07:13Thu Apr 2 07:13:45 2020
- Re: Wages by VS Town1/4 18:14Wed Apr 1 18:14:58 2020
- Re: Wages by stone ragma1/4 18:44Wed Apr 1 18:44:13 2020
- Re: Wages by Dougie81/4 15:55Wed Apr 1 15:55:13 2020
- Re: Wages by stone ragma1/4 15:57Wed Apr 1 15:57:28 2020