Return to front page

Newest article: Re: and another by Spurs and Verde Today 06:48Today at 06:48:32view thread

Oldest article: Let the inquiry begin by Armchair vulture18/1 15:11Thu Jan 18 15:11:44 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The past week - taking stock by VoR3/2 12:35Sat Feb 3 12:35:42 2024view thread

Huge choice to be made / make or break time

By KB1/2 19:15Thu Feb 1 19:15:58 2024

Views: 1055

Question I have asked to be answered by Gary Holliday.

As he wasn't in a position to answer Ben Bruce's legacy question last night I thought it would be pointless me asking it there & then. Also i would like him to have the time to make a considered response rather than be put on the spot.

My question: "Gary stated they are not in it to make a profit & are in it for the love of the game & in the best interests of the town of Nuneaton. So when they get a ground in Nuneaton are they willing to hand ownership of it to the fans (Co-op perhaps) so if they walk away the ground belongs to the town/ fans."

** JUST TO CLARIFY ** I don't mean give it away, but recoup what it cost through the numerous revenue streams mentioned last night , national sponsorships & sporting events etc.

It was repeatedly said they are not in it for a profit & what a legacy that would be.

OTHERWISE IN MY OPINION WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE SCENARIO OF NOT OWNING OUR OWN GROUND. & IN A FEW YEARS TIME THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE TO BUILD A NEW ONE IN NUNEATON.

WE HAVE ONE SHOT AT THIS TO ENSURE THE CLUB CONTINUES FOR OUR KIDS & GRANDKIDS.

THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ERROR IN THE DECISION WE CURRENTLY FACE.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Huge choice to be made / make or break time by ManorParkBlue1/2 19:25Thu Feb 1 19:25:06 2024

Previous thread: Meeting by VS Griff29/1 21:28Mon Jan 29 21:28:45 2024view thread