Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Latest signing by The_HullablueYesterday 16:57Yesterday at 16:57:23view thread

Oldest article: FA Vase winners 2027-28 by Camp hill reserves 18/1 16:30Thu Jan 18 16:30:49 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Ass covering by stripes4me20/5 11:17Mon May 20 11:17:03 2024view thread

for balance

By DJ_Hinckley17/2 10:12Sat Feb 17 10:12:14 2024In response to Re: Hinckley Leicester Road

Views: 978

a few of the Boro old boys on here will know me. I was also a shareholder at Athletic and a shareholder at United, and joined AFC as a member in 2014.

And as you would expect, my view is the above post is very exaggerated through bias and in the interest of balance I will address it. Sorry to bore you.

It's fair to say at set up of the club, there were a few egos that were above the realism of the clubs situation. After the initial surge of interest, a few years in the people remaining were the people that cared about the club most. Interestingly with a club built on a 'fans model' if you see something happening you don't like, then as a fan, you can stand up and do something about it. The above poster chose to walk away and follow another club, their choice. I chose to get elected to the Board and run the club how I felt was correct. As a Board member I was involved in moving the club to Ibstock where we learned to stand on our own two feet, and then getting the club into Barwell, where we have moved forwards on and off the pitch.

As far as I'm aware there isn't and hasn't been any "Hinckley AFC negative publicity, hype and mis-information about Leicester Road". There may be people with strong personal opinions about what happened with the death of Hinckley United and the current owner of Leicester Road Stadium, but there is no animosity for HLR "supporters, staff and players". Indeed I speak to some good HLR fans often.

being as it is specifically mentioned, to add context to the above post, Gary Hancox was Chairman of the Hinckley United Juniors set up, and far from "jumping ship from Leicester Road" at the death of Hinckley United, he chose to be involved with the AFC 'Fans Model'. Gary is a football man though and quickly found out being on the Board was a lot different to Chairing a juniors section, so chose to leave the Board. The last time I spoke to Gary, he only wished AFC the best so can presume from that he doesn't regret any decision.

We are Schrodinger's Hinckley AFC, the above poster doesn't come to our games or is involved in the club but is sure "The Hinckley AFC mob, are like a bunch of school kids"

the point of all this rambling? well as a 'Fans Model' it is the responsibility of the fans to ensure their club is run properly. If you don't like what you see, then get up off your arse and do something about it. Because as a fan you can actually make a difference if you want to. And clearly from our attendances it is what the majority of the football people of Hinckley also want to see.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: for balance by The_Hullablue17/2 15:51Sat Feb 17 15:51:00 2024

Previous thread: Some Big Name clubs by VS City17/5 15:05Fri May 17 15:05:38 2024view thread