Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Disconsent by mark-nbfcToday 20:52Today at 20:52:05view thread

Oldest article: Prince Mancinelli by VoR18/1 10:11Thu Jan 18 10:11:57 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Club Statement by VS City21/5 10:31Tue May 21 10:31:34 2024view thread

A Retraction

By Unnamed Sauce ((Dysfunctional sector))22/5 23:46Wed May 22 23:46:09 2024

Views: 820

On Friday, lifted by emotional scenes at Alan Hudson's funeral I wrote , "This Club Will Never Die."

It seems from the drivel being spouted on one of the longest and most unpleasant threads ever seen on this Forum..it already has. Died, that is.

Quite what all the political ideological and religious claptrap spewing out , page after page in this discourse below has to do with football, I have no idea. As all the usual suspects begin to crawl back out from under their individual stones, the way forward is becoming clear to me.

Yes, football at World and Premier League level has already to some extent been politicised. But at (virtually) grass roots level and this far down the Pyramid, this kind of rabid and toxic hatred, innuendo, rancour, loathing, deception, subterfuge, agitation and warmongering has no place. None at all. Never mind not supporting a club that embraces people with extremist views and which has some followers who are quite clearly deranged, I fear for my own safety (and theirs) if I take the risk of standing next to them next season. At The Oval or anywhere else.

Let It Go? Move on? -as some have advocated? Oh yes. I think it is time to do just that. And more than any points deductions, relegation, mismanagement, incompetence, name changes, or sleight of hand, events over the last few days and the commentary on them has changed my mind in less than a week. I feel I have had a lucky escape.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people

Next article in this thread: Re: A Retraction by Boropod24/5 17:11Fri May 24 17:11:53 2024

Previous thread: Statement by VS City23/5 16:11Thu May 23 16:11:40 2024view thread