Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Um.. by almost average 2Yesterday 16:56Yesterday at 16:56:37view thread

Oldest article: Council statement by Shrewblue24/1 14:52Wed Jan 24 14:52:06 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Starting XI by 70s Stalwart (v2)27/7 20:13Sat Jul 27 20:13:36 2024view thread

Toys back in pram

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)29/7 09:39Mon Jul 29 09:39:14 2024

Views: 509

After my most recent forum tantrum ( over the managerial appointment "misunderstandings"), I've tried to remain calm and detached, but it's just not happening for me. Anticipation is gnawing away at me. Largely due (well done!!) to the posts on here, news on the BoroTown site and a general feeling of longing for the new season to begin, my appetite is now almost whetted.

Besides, I'm working in Beduff next Saturday until 2pm, just a short walk across from The Oval. It would be churlish not to pop over and just have a cheeky look.

I'm a member of the 200 Club, I'm a Life member of the Co-op and I have a wardrobe/loft full of Town and BoroTown shirts and other memorabilia. I'm looking nostalgically at a display case full of Lloyds Buses with Trib adverts on the side right now. Just a little look? It can't hurt. Can it?

The status and position of clubs I follow has never meant all that much to me. When I first came on board, Boro were struggling in the Beazer Midland in a near derelict Manor Park. But the CABE and the faggot and pea batches kept kept pulling me back. I was chuffed to bits to watch Cercle Brugge playing Kilmarnock on tv in the Europa League midweek. I have their beer glasses in a cupboard and I've followed them over the other Bruges club purely because they were the underdogs in that city. Ditto Espanyol, Willem II, Farenses and Brechin. Clubs whose fortunes have mostly waned rather than waxed over the years but who I can't shift out of my consciousness.

I'm still gutted that my name change suggestion of Real Donnithorne was brushed aside but maybe I'll be there next saturday. In disguise. Because it's always embarrassing when you make a bit of twat of youself and then have to change your mind. Isn't it?

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Toys back in pram by Camp hill reserves 29/7 13:24Mon Jul 29 13:24:45 2024

Previous thread: Sphinx away by almost average 227/7 15:59Sat Jul 27 15:59:01 2024view thread