Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Um.. by almost average 2Yesterday 16:56Yesterday at 16:56:37view thread

Oldest article: Council statement by Shrewblue24/1 14:52Wed Jan 24 14:52:06 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Stop politicisng this forum by Unnamed Sauce11/8 21:19Sun Aug 11 21:19:55 2024view thread

Sauce's two penn'orth

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)11/8 10:00Sun Aug 11 10:00:14 2024In response to Re: Wednesfield 0 Boro 4 FT

Views: 671

Few can have been more critical, more bitter and twisted over the years on this (and previous) Forums than yours truly. But I'm with Mark at this one.

I found that having a record expunged mid season ,losing a ground and a losing a club all in one go one of the most humiliating football experiences that I have ever experienced. Seeing Boro' go out gamely at the CBS only reinforced the hurt. In well over sixty years spent playing, coaching and watching football, it was one of my least enjoyable moments. I thought it would finish me. It hasn't. Probably never will now. I KNOW who was responsible. And I will never forgive or forget.

I still find driving past an empty and obsolete football stadium several times a week immensely annoying. However I confess that seeing 500+ people sticking their twos up to those responsible for the collapse and then exile of a much loved club last week, kind of satisfying. I hope those responsible for the latest fiasco last season rot and suffer.

I enjoyed watching the Paget game. I would have enjoyed it whether it was at Wembley or on Pauls Land. It was decent football played on a nice day. I would rather watch that than any of the overpaid, rotten to the core frippery of the most predictable League in the world. Same clubs win the title every year. Same clubs get relegated, receive inflated rewards for doing so then bounce straight back again. Yawn............

I have no problem with The Oval. Never have. The access and parking is easier for me than Stadium No Name or MP. The Biscuit Tin was a death trap. I now have mobility issues. The time would come when I could not manage the long walk up to the one open entrance to The Biscuit Tin in the dark. Or climbing up slippery wet tin steps to get a decent view. Attending was a real risk at times. I saw several accidents there. Standing on the grass banks at The Oval was a lot more comfortable. Quite a novelty being allowed to move freely around all four sides of a football ground again, too.

Last year Bedduff offered a home to the Nuneaton-based Charity I work for after Treacle had turned its back on us. Then the town did the same to our football club Yeah, yeah yeah..... I know. It's not the same club. Right. That's why we all still all call it Boro.

I don't really see the point in those posting faintly gloating stuff about can't be arsed, not bothered, won't ever come back, etc. It's nice for you that you have some closure, I suppose. But why not just devote your time to glory hunting and armchair football and leave the rest of us to wallow in our own gullible sentimentality?

reply to this article | return to the front page

9 people like this 9 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Sauce's two penn'orth by s. tone ragma711/8 16:10Sun Aug 11 16:10:35 2024

Previous thread: Gate today 118 by Dougie810/8 20:54Sat Aug 10 20:54:58 2024view thread