Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Um.. by almost average 2Yesterday 16:56Yesterday at 16:56:37view thread

Oldest article: Council statement by Shrewblue24/1 14:52Wed Jan 24 14:52:06 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Some more questions by Unnamed Sauce21/8 09:04Wed Aug 21 09:04:45 2024view thread

To quote the late Mr. Paisley

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)21/8 08:58Wed Aug 21 08:58:39 2024In response to Re: Boro 0 Heether 2

Views: 481

Never. Never. Never.

I think many there last night (even the few Heavearians present), expected it to be a tough one beforehand for the new BoroTown and so it proved. It was evident early doors that Heever were going for it and they weren't there to make up the numbers. On paper I think a few followers of both clubs had already written off our chances.

Once they'd discovered that they had a sympathetic ref ,they seemed to realise BoroTown were going to be seen off and so it proved. The amount of time Heever spent collapsing and rolling about (with the inevitable "miracle " recovery to follow), was a tactic they had woven into their game plan. Alvechurch used to do this too, I recall. Last night it broke play up effectively and meant a stop-start game that seemed to suit them. Remarkable how many "injuries" occurred as BoroTown were going forward.

Fine margins though. If we'd have put away the penalty ,we might have seen a late blitz on their goal like the one second half against Ingles. Might have snatched a point even. Did not happen but we were not overrun nor were we outclassed. We got beat. Move on.

Jimmy is busy saving his beloved Barwell I thought, so let's leave him and his weird travelling circus right where they are,

I fear for us against the Griff though. That's also going to be tough unless we are as they say "at full strength."

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: To quote the late Mr. Paisley by boro4421/8 10:27Wed Aug 21 10:27:00 2024

Previous thread: 50/50 result. by boro4420/8 23:17Tue Aug 20 23:17:29 2024view thread