Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Um.. by almost average 2Yesterday 16:56Yesterday at 16:56:37view thread

Oldest article: Council statement by Shrewblue24/1 14:52Wed Jan 24 14:52:06 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Twitter (X) site. by Dougie828/8 10:07Wed Aug 28 10:07:42 2024view thread

Still think we have some good players

By Unnamed Sauce (Bedduth Blue)26/8 19:55Mon Aug 26 19:55:28 2024In response to Re: FT Boro 1 v Griff 1

Views: 1091

But yes, too many were off it today. Griff were well on top for 60 minutes-until (like so may of our opponents) they resorted to conning the ref crawling about and taking long injury breaks to get a rest and break our play up whenever we had an advantage. Very cute and very effective.

In fairness-we kept at them and although Griff played very well, it could be the intensity of a second better half from us that tired them out . So they fell into the temptation of playing for a point.

They took the lead and their goal was brilliant. An outstanding run and finish. Ours was decent, though we'd fluffed several easier changes earlier. We hit the woodwork a few times first half and I would like to hear from those behind the goal, what they made of our winner that wasn't, in the second half . I was in line with the goal line and I thought it was over. I am a tad biased however. Please tell me it wasn't.

The lineswoman was excellent-didn't get a decision wrong. The linesman was too young and made a few howlers. The referee was average but better than most of those seen at MP or TBT.

Great crowd, but for the third game running, I had to move away from a viewing point because of the incessant moaning of few "supporters" standing near me. Where have they been over the last few seasons? ( clubhouse side-100%). They found it very hard to praise any aspect of BoroTown play, at any time. They need a reality check . They need to remember what level we are playing at right now. They also need to get behind their team and stop shouting "rubbish" so loud that the players can hear it. There was no "rubbish" from either side today. Just a lot of mistakes because not everyone is fully fit and not all are capable of Serie A skill level.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Still think we have some good players by boro4427/8 09:12Tue Aug 27 09:12:55 2024

Previous thread: Boro v Griff 50/50 result by boro4426/8 18:44Mon Aug 26 18:44:53 2024view thread