Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Um.. by almost average 218/9 16:56Wed Sep 18 16:56:37 2024view thread

Oldest article: Council statement by Shrewblue24/1 14:52Wed Jan 24 14:52:06 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Anyway by almost average 230/8 18:41Fri Aug 30 18:41:44 2024view thread

Absentee view

By VS City (VS Boro)29/8 16:17Thu Aug 29 16:17:57 2024

Views: 879

Having hardly missed a home game since my early-teens and tried to see as many away games as possible I got totally disillusioned with MY club under the tenure of JG (his club); both on and off the pitch.

I have yet to visit the new setup, and I have not missed it. Not even checking the score until 5pm.
No doubt I will attend sometime soon, but (as it stands) I can’t see my enthusiasm returning; certainly not at the level the club finds itself.

I have been encouraged by the efforts of those now running the club and the relative openness that is being shown. I like the fact that attacking football is being played, the size of the crowds and that people seem to be enjoying the experience (when was the last time?).

I am also pleased (as things stand) that it appears Town will not “piss this tin pot league”. I want to watch competitive games with hopefully Town winning the league by the odd point (caveat – Phillips title winning season was a joy).

I am a bit disheartened by the reports of “conversations” in the changing room at half time on Monday. The club have written a “code of conduct” and reports seem to contravene this honourable objective.

I am also disappointed that it seems many still expect the players to have the ability of Premier League players. Do they not realise the level Town find themselves and its unlikely any of these players would have got anywhere near the team 12 months ago. If players are being signed who are not good enough then that’s the managements fault.

2 questions.
1 – A lot was made of academy players being signed. Are they playing?
2 – A few were “anti” this setup and wanted the H&H model. What do they think now?

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Absentee view by Lord of the Manor29/8 17:51Thu Aug 29 17:51:44 2024

Previous thread: Twitter (X) site. by Dougie828/8 10:07Wed Aug 28 10:07:42 2024view thread