Return to front page

Newest article: Re: No subject by Boro boyToday 15:14Today at 15:14:06view thread

Oldest article: LW - Home End & Away End by VoR23/1 20:03Tue Jan 23 20:03:40 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Coach to Bridgenorth. by Dougie814/9 09:23Sat Sep 14 09:23:54 2024view thread

Re: Nuns Ground Offer

By StockingfordBrew7/9 23:16Sat Sep 7 23:16:47 2024In response to Re: Nuns Ground Offer

Views: 1001

Speaking to someone who was down their collecting the stuff, they said one side of the ground is in sorry state... which was the office side. They said cause it's not been occupied and been maintained since we been away its in state of possible collapse. Which means that will have been demolished, which won't be a bad thing as at this level and level above you don't really need a club office plus it was always to expensive to run anyway. Big question is with the repairs needed this will cost thousands and thousands pounds... would there be any point?

Of course do fans want a liberty way return, I mean we've seen decent at the oval... not saying we should stay on at the oval as we do need to be back in nuneaton as soon as possible. However as some fans have pointed out getting to the oval is a lot easier than getting to liberty way due to the regular transport links to bedworth.

Myself I'm divided my first thought is that, there's an empty football ground in Nuneaton that's been put to waste and with a bit of work can ours again and we would be playing back in our hometown, plus the club can start to generate their own income in the bar and food.

Negative side, repair costs, the ground's location being 2.5miles from the town centre with limited transport links, flooding risks, limitations to expand the stadium in the future, also that horrible car park and no doubt the awkward relationship with the Nuns.

Never should have gone to Liberty Way, even a previous chairman once pinpointed the issues of moving their some years ago, which have later come apparent.

Our options returning to Nuneaton are limited due to space and local residents who as always don't take kindly to having a local football team on their doorstep. Gala Fields was a favourable option, however I've heard that is some facing issues. I have always liked the idea of the area around Weddington Road, never town and a sized around. Problem again... local residents.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Nuns Ground Offer by VS City8/9 10:13Sun Sep 8 10:13:28 2024

Previous thread: Treasurer report by almost average 213/9 17:16Fri Sep 13 17:16:44 2024view thread