Return to front page

Newest article: Re: The view from an exile on the touchline by GustavusToday 20:30Today at 20:30:12view thread

Oldest article: Fao Mark by Armchair vulture24/1 16:50Wed Jan 24 16:50:07 2024view thread

MenuSearch

The view from an exile on the touchline

By 70s Stalwart (v2)Today 19:17Today at 19:17:49In response to Re: HT Bridgnorth 0 v Boro 1

Views: 143

Today, I watched my first Boro/Town game since pre-Covid times (Bromsgrove Sporting away in 2019, if you're asking). Initially, I was quite shocked by the quality on show, but as the game progressed I figured that was partly due to the bumpy, sloping, long-grassed pitch. Bridgnorth were young and keen, but that’s about it. Boro’s more experienced defence coped well with their kids and Bache looked sound in goal, so I was never worried that they would score. Boro’s attacks were disjointed though, with too many misplaced passes when chances to push forwards arose. Again, the pitch could be partly to blame for that, but it was no surprise that both goals arrived after corners had caused confusion in the Bridgnorth box. I liked that the ref kept talking to the players, explaining his decisions (even if they were wrong) and letting the game flow. A PL ref would have been blowing his whistle every 15 seconds. Overall, I enjoyed the experience, once I adjusted my expectation of the players’ skill levels and took account of the pitch condition. See you again in another 5 years…….

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: The view from an exile on the touchline by GustavusToday 20:11Today at 20:11:55

Previous thread: Coach Tickets Available! by LHYesterday 15:02Yesterday at 15:02:31view thread