Return to front page

Newest article: Re: The truth the fans deserve by The_HullablueToday 22:16Today at 22:16:06view thread

Oldest article: Lita has gone as well by Boro698/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:25 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Leamington- free entry for Boro season ticket holders by MJNB20/1 12:10Sat Jan 20 12:10:04 2024view thread

Re: who's club is it anyway.

By VS Nomads (VS Boro)10/1 12:40Wed Jan 10 12:40:08 2024In response to Re: who's club is it anyway.

Views: 1107

NOBODY has taken control without best intentions at heart.
Some may have taken it on with too high ambitions, not accepting boro actual realistic status and chasing the dream.

Whilst hindsight is a wonderful thing, I can categorically say it was my view when it happened.
Immediately after StadiaSafe, Boro Leisure had no (or little) debt & owned an adequate ground.
However, the new club was just the same emperor just wearing different clothes. Same players, same manager, same ground, same colours, whilst name change (different debate), still the same "known by" name and had highest entry fee in the league.

One of the first things the new regime did was alienate the BISC, and dismissed the trust (seen as a fund raising organisation).
Surely then was the time for change. Supporter involved at board level, cheaper admission, free admission for kids to name a few.

Of course everyone loved the success, but with that came expectations that in reality could not be maintained.

I am convinced that with more reality and openness the success may not have came, (or not as quick) but most would understand.
Even when in National there was talk from the club of getting into the FL!!!!!

(to paraphrase) In effect boro ran before it could walk, and in doing so people in charge expected success in the Olympics.

>>>> Semi Retired Boro fan <<<<

Edited by VS Boro at 12:41:36 on 10th January 2024

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: who's club is it anyway. by Gustavus10/1 13:24Wed Jan 10 13:24:34 2024

Previous thread: JG Facebook statement by VS Griff19/1 15:08Fri Jan 19 15:08:56 2024view thread