Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Merchandise by BoropodYesterday 16:36Yesterday at 16:36:47view thread

Oldest article: Can it really be 18 years ago tonight? by Unnamed Sauce17/1 20:10Wed Jan 17 20:10:44 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: JG to Coalville? by MJNB4/2 13:30Sun Feb 4 13:30:03 2024view thread

Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-op

By Shrewblue3/2 19:41Sat Feb 3 19:41:19 2024

Views: 576

The Junior section appears to be very well organised, the same can be said for the ladies team. Very impressed with Matt Jeffries's contribution at the Co-op meeting last Monday. I understand he also spoke at the AFC Nuneaton meeting on Wednesday, although I will declare that I didn't attend as I for one do not want to see a repeat of the dictatorships of the past. I have a feeling that any supporter involvement will be merely lip service.
I am also disappointed by the fact that AFC is being supported partly by the old regime and seems to be steamrolling ahead with half-baked plans just to be first over the line. They also have the nerve to adopt the old Boro badge which the Junior section and ladies' teams wear with pride.
What I would like to see is for the Juniors and Ladies to join forces with the Co-operative, both have access to the CIC route. Down the line, they could perhaps look at forming a Senior/U21s to compete at a ground in Nuneaton as the youngsters progress. This would give the Boro fans a transparent Community option.
There would be the option of the Co-op assisting with funding via the '200 Club' which has so much potential to expand. My £ 120 a year contribution will certainly cease if H&H is the new beneficiary of any cut in the prizemoney.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: Junior section, ladies teams and the Co-op by VoR3/2 23:05Sat Feb 3 23:05:07 2024

Previous thread: Griff v Paget Rangers match thread by StockingfordBrew3/2 09:59Sat Feb 3 09:59:43 2024view thread