Return to front page

Newest article: Re: April 200 Club draw result by Unnamed Sauce8/5 19:41Wed May 8 19:41:11 2024view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Projection by almost average 219/3 16:46Tue Mar 19 16:46:45 2024view thread

Re: Good luck

By Armchair vulture14/3 09:49Thu Mar 14 09:49:56 2024In response to Re: Good luck

Views: 853

I.can totally understand your sentiment 44 but there has been far too much damage done the last few years for me. The J G regime the last few years split the fan base and anyone who dared criticise his methods was active!y dismissed as not real Boro fans. Supporters who dared criticise have been threatened, abused online and have had their loyalty questioned. I myself have been abused online and.by private messenger and even face to face at a game in front of my other half who became concerned about her own safety. I've been told I.wasn't a real Boro fan and that I never went in the social club or used the kiosk and hated the club. Not true - I've loved the club for years but fully believed Ginnelly was not the answer and that his football CV did not qualify him for a go at a club like Nuneaton Boro. My late father who you knew well said before he died that Ginelly would never be the answer and he has been proved right. There are many individuals that are now putting in hard work to resurect the club and that's great but one or two of those individuals such as Haywood and Axon were active!y involved in support of the regime which killed the club. Haywood called for Giinelly to be made life President of the club and continue as manager if they were taken over. Axon was always involved in online criticism of anyone who dared question Ginnelly methods and used his own platform Boro chat to continue to support those who opposed critique of the J G machine.
Just one more thing - why do the co-op now seen able to start and organise a new club yet couldn't do.so when Thorne cleared off? Maybe Boro should have started again 5 years ago and we may perhaps still have a ground to play at and we could have been spared the nightmare of the horrifically bad Ginnelly era. As I've said too much damage done and sadly it's left a bitter taste in my mouth so I won't return.

Edited by Armchair vulture at 09:51:42 on 14th March 2024
Edited by Armchair vulture at 09:53:27 on 14th March 2024
Edited by Armchair vulture at 09:55:19 on 14th March 2024

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Next article in this thread: Re: Good luck by lukey14/3 18:10Thu Mar 14 18:10:06 2024

Previous thread: Impressed by Pieman17/3 10:48Sun Mar 17 10:48:44 2024view thread