ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ollie Bassett by mark-nbfc13/1 11:37Wed Jan 13 11:37:30 2021view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Squad changes imminent? "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Squad changes imminent?

By TheOne&Only18/10/2020 15:26Sun Oct 18 15:26:41 2020In response to Re: Squad changes imminent?

Views: 719

This is not a case of the players not performing at all. These players were handpicked again and on paper this team could compete in the league above. The decisions sit with the manager and long ball tactics also sit with him. When going down to 10 men and need to make a tactical change he decided to bring off pace and leave Lita up top on his own - IMHO, at least leave shamsi on and he can chase down lost causes and put pressure on the barwell defence.

It’s time to play football, I’m sure these players want to play football and will play football if the managers tactics are just that.

His discipline record with red cards and penalty’s is horrendous and this again lies with him and not the players he has signed. If you play in a way that leaves you exposed at the back all the time players will commit silly fouls to try and prevent goals.

Team selection is on him, all 5 of the benched players could of started yesterday and I’m sure there is an argument as to why they didn’t but, Olly Bassett has played well in the 2 games I’ve seen him in and he didn’t even get a minute yesterday. Andre brown not shown enough but what he has shown is he can compete in the air and win headers, so if JG wants to carry on with hoof ball at least put a striker on who can win 2 out of 10 balls unlike LITA who doesn’t jump or compete in the air at all.

Tuesday night, Champions league for me unfortunately - covid has hit us all hard and I just can’t part with £12 for hoof ball anymore.

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.