ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ollie Bassett by mark-nbfc13/1 11:37Wed Jan 13 11:37:30 2021view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Long ball."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Long ball.

By VS Town (VS Boro)18/10/2020 17:14Sun Oct 18 17:14:41 2020In response to Re: Squad changes imminent?

Views: 669

Long ball .....

I often find that supporters make this accusation when losing, but seldom when winning. It’s an easy excuse

But in case of JG teams it’s valid. I admit it’s not as bad as I feared it would be.

The tactic is exaggerated (and more obvious) by Breedon thinking he can pass like beckham .

Since day one of JG the aim is to get the ball to the strikers at every opportunity - every free kick and most throw-in opposition half.
Once there the big men can hope to get their head on it.

Addison was seldom fit and certainly not mobile YET under JG he was expected to get his head onto every attacking free kick, throw and corner... JG can not hide behind that.

L

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.