Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Floodlights by Lord of the ManorToday 03:46Today at 03:46:03view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: whoooo there vs "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: whoooo there vs

By Gustavus20/10/2021 20:40Wed Oct 20 20:40:45 2021In response to Re: whoooo there vs

Views: 345

I thought the history of Boro was fairly well documented. I certainly know it through my own family.

After the shock of reformation as Boro it took until the 50s for the Club to get their act together with the big cup run of 54 a big stimulus.

Crowds rose and undoubtedly in the 60s Boro were one of the biggest Clubs in non league football. Look at the gates against Swansea and Rotherham. Does any other non league club come close to those gates?

The 70s saw continued big gates and relatively high finishes in southern league.

Then founder members of the Alliance and the two Carr second finishes. Whisper it quietly but I’m not sure the gates were as low as claimed in those seasons.

Then I’m afraid the story gets worse with the exception of the high spending on Phillip’s team and the brief Wilkin resurgence.

There’s still huge affection/nostalgia for the Boro in the town but to many it now doesn’t seems the same club:

1) leaving Manor Park
2) voluntary liquidation
3) separating ground ownership from the Club
4) bullying and falling out with their sporting neighbour

That’s how I see it anyway and why the low gates these days sadden but don’t surprise me.

Edited by Gustavus at 20:41:28 on 20th October 2021

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.