Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Today's Line up by billhToday 02:34Today at 02:34:00view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: 2-2 finished "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: 2-2 finished

By mark-nbfc26/10/2021 22:26Tue Oct 26 22:26:47 2021In response to 2-2 finished

Views: 586

Thought that was an entertaining game. Would have been happy with a point before kick off but given how late they equalised and our missed chances it a felt a bit worse than that.

First half Boro attacked well when they could with King and Dwyer looking a constant threat. Unsure what the pen in the 3rd min was for as I was following the ball but I think Dwyer was fouled. For our second, I initially thought that Dwyer had held onto the ball too long before shooting but what do I know, it was a calm finish :).

Alvechurch keep possession and pass it around very very well, but didn't seem to threaten the goal too much first half despite passing around 20 yards out for long periods.

I'm assuming that Gift took a knock which meant that he was subbed at half time. Second half we managed to stop them playing and created quite a few chances of our own. Alvechurch's ill discipline got the better of them with a series of late and/or dangerous challenges and a mouthy manager which ended up with two reds (the said manager and Ash Carter). Boro had two glorious chances to win it and really should have. However it wasn't to be as Diaz's shot was brilliant and fired into the top corner. Lita then had a chance to head in with the final touch of the game.

The improvement over the last few weeks (Banbury onwards I think) is really noticeable but as always still things to work on...

Up the Boro.

---
Hope is not a plan.

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.