ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great News by MJNBToday 16:44Today at 16:44:32view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator14/2/2015 11:54Sat Feb 14 11:54:00 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Chester v Kidderminster by Eileen Dover14/8 20:00Tue Aug 14 20:00:41 2018view thread

Facts Opinions and Rumours

By Unnamed Sauce12/8 20:10Sun Aug 12 20:10:11 2018

Views: 894

AA2 (whom I've never met) makes the point in a thread below, that anyone who expresses a contrary view to those of about half a dozen regular contributors, can expect a hard time. It's a view I have some sympathy with. It's been going on for quite a long time now, as the Forum contributors diminish. On my weekly Saturday Thackerays through Rope Walk and The Felix Holt, I often bump into ex-contributors (like Wolf J. Flywheel), who admit that although they still read this Forum they don't post any more. They feel the reaction to any "adverse" comment is likely to be very predictable.

I always thought that Forums and Chat rooms were a vehicle for people to share viewpoints ,ideas ,opinions ,hopes, and fears etc. Not just an arena which exists only to rubber stamp and approve everything that happens elsewhere. Some of the nastiness has gone,which I personally applaud and feel is worth celebrating. I used to hate that-its one reason why I began to avoid reading OR posting. I know Ragma and Pod to nod to,I haven't the faintest idea who Shifter is,but really, I do think that some of the stick they take is over the top. There are civilised ways in which we can agree and disagree with each other. Online as well as in person.

There seems to be a general consensus at the moment that things are "not too bad." It's not a view I personally share, but I'm not going to start mauling those expressing it. Indeed, I admire their eternal optimism. (And where BoroTown are concerned, the optimism certainly needs to be eternal). A few posters have suggested to anyone expressing a different opinion to their own that they should leave the Club alone. It's a viewpoint. One they are entitled to. Just as, (may I suggest? ) thatanyone who cannot abide posts which seem negative or not in line with their own,should perhaps follow their own advice. Just an opinion...................

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people

Re: Facts Opinions and Rumours

By Sportingman13/8 20:48Mon Aug 13 20:48:34 2018In response to Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 483

In view of your new found attitude to tolerance and understanding do you regret using the description "oxymoron" in a post some time ago?

By London Boro14/8 18:10Tue Aug 14 18:10:33 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 310

I don't think a post has ever made me laugh as much as this one! Brilliant.

Boing boing Boro Boro

By Greg (NBFC)13/8 21:57Mon Aug 13 21:57:16 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 357

"An oxymoron is a rhetorical device that uses an ostensible self-contradiction to illustrate a rhetorical point or to reveal a paradox"

Why would US regret using that in a post?

Oi Oi

By Unnamed Sauce13/8 20:54Mon Aug 13 20:54:01 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 446

Look who is here. Erudite,witty,informed and always has the best interests of Nuneaton Borough at heart.

There we are. It's not that difficult to be polite and complimentary, is it? Or to reject and ignore provocation.

Cheerio

Re: Oi Oi

By Sportingman13/8 21:01Mon Aug 13 21:01:07 2018In response to Oi OiTop of thread

Views: 435

Looks like the question was just a tad too difficult for you. Just puts your ramble about non confrontation, let's all be happy chums together in context. Think you need to think about what you have posted in the past. I have views, but it seems my views are not as important as yours. Lol

By ,shifter (Shifter)13/8 21:29Mon Aug 13 21:29:30 2018In response to Re: Oi OiTop of thread

Views: 387

Don’t want to sound too pessimistic,but confrontational exercise is very much on the cards again.
You were a stalwart at times defending Nuns ,were you not ?

I didn’t have a problem with you and Larry defending Nuns that was both yours and Larry choice,what stuck out for me you both support Boro.
Sporty ,at times you were both confrontational and uncompromising when it came to supporting Nuns .

Most Boro fans say around 99 % of us did not understand what was what between Boro and nuns.
I think most Boro fans were dismayed at the treatment given out to Boro fans by nuns ,did anyone not think Boro fans would be upset by the antics of Nuns who from the start made sure Boro fans would be the first to suffer .
This whole episode of tit for tat was between the two powerhouses,the Boro fans and Nuns fans directly in the middle.
Confrontational activity between Boro and Nuns fans was inevitable,

Looks to me confrontational impulse back in the frame ,imo for all the wrong reasons.

By Sportingman13/8 21:46Mon Aug 13 21:46:44 2018In response to Re: Oi OiTop of thread

Views: 347

You make some good points Shifter, and some discussion points did get somewhat opinionated and insular. My question to US wasn't confrontational, just a simple question to someone who was advocating peace on earth to all men, so to speak.

By VS Town (VS Boro)13/8 21:42Mon Aug 13 21:42:47 2018In response to Re: Oi OiTop of thread

Views: 367

sticking my head above parfait.

Both "sides" have understandably rallied round their allegiances.

IMO the ground sale suited both sides at the time it was done. the nuns needed money; the boro needed a ground.
The ground-share agreement at the time suited both. I believe it meant boro could get a ground they could afford and nuns got the money they needed.
Could have it been done better? Perhaps, but at the time both sides were desperate.
Its my belief without the (as often stated) the "biased towards the nuns" agreement was the only way boro could have bought the ground and if they could not buy it, the nuns would not have got the money and Boro would probably have had to do a Kettering*/Scarborough type thing.

Then, within 12 months the situation changed and understandably the nuns felt hard done by.

who was the only "winner"

I also have another theory, but that fits into the conspiracy category and I try not to believe in conspiracy theories.

* Kettering did similar to the nuns. They sold their ground to a farmer (I think) to save them going bust. Eventually the farmer wanted to develop the land and Kettering found themselves without a ground.
Didn't Nuneaton Town do similar with Manor Park by selling to council. Noel Kelly then bought it back. I may be way off with that.

Edited by VS Boro at 21:46:38 on 13th August 2018

By Hullablue14/8 08:20Tue Aug 14 08:20:49 2018In response to Re: Oi OiTop of thread

Views: 298

I agree totally with your recap of how it happened.
To be honest If I was a Nuns fan I would have wanted them to have taken direct action long ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By boropod (BoroughPod)14/8 17:38Tue Aug 14 17:38:43 2018In response to Re: Oi OiTop of thread

Views: 280

To add, and correct me if i'm wrong please.
I believe the Nuns were shafted by Stocker, who was owed the exact same amount from the Nuns, that we paid for the land Smurf owns now.

"The worst Boro team ever"

By Hullablue14/8 18:04Tue Aug 14 18:04:25 2018In response to Re: Oi OiTop of thread

Views: 254

I thought that was who VS was on about as the only winner!

And yes Sticker fucked us good and proper, and I hate to have been so right on thst while he was slagging me off and saying I was wrong :-)

By boropod (BoroughPod)14/8 18:06Tue Aug 14 18:06:38 2018In response to Re: Oi OiTop of thread

Views: 245

Thanks

"The worst Boro team ever"

By ,shifter (Shifter)13/8 08:27Mon Aug 13 08:27:04 2018In response to Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 721

Interesting observations on your part Sauce.
My view ,this forum is mostly about opinions that sometimes are clouded in mysterious self doubt.
If you dare to express a view that is contrary to the view of others then confrontation will happen.

Knowing what will come next with Boro is perhaps left to the pop up Agather Christie’s amongst us.
The doom mongers have been consistent in their thoughts ,and in the main have been right.
Turmoil at Boro is plain for all to see.that in the recent past is for all to see.
The only thing positive Boro are still going ,how long for I don’t know.

My god does not take the shape of Boro,unfortunately for some it does.

By Hullablue13/8 08:34Mon Aug 13 08:34:21 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 648

The doom mongers spent the spring telling us the club would go bust, or get kicked out of the league, or choose demotion.

They have been proved wrong.

Views that differ are fine. Everyone can have their own views, but not their own facts. Take whoever it was saying no programmes were on sale on Saturday. That was just wrong. They deserve to be told that.

1 person likes this 1 person

By VS Town (VS Boro)13/8 09:23Mon Aug 13 09:23:12 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 585

Making things up AGAIN to fit your agenda and point score.

Program
I don't buy one and was told by someone after the game (as I said when I posted that statement) that non had been printed. I acknowledged my "source" was wrong, but you have to point score. How many times you have raised that?

Who said the club would go bust, or get kicked out of the league or chose demotion? As source said; a forum is about opinion.

My opinion, based on precedent, what I believed as true and what was in the public domain was that no-way would the league allow the club to stay in the league. The GTFC chairman had the same view. I stick by that opinion.

Going bust - it appears, from what NS said, was that the club very nearly did not compete in this league this season. A transfer embargo before kick-off is a very serious problem. Perhaps this was due to 1/3 of the documents that LT had not provided (and got away with a promise).

My opinion was boro would be better to take voluntary relegation. I stick by the opinion.

You have also "told me" that food in the bar is acceptable to ground rules; It was presented as "fact", yet no source.

How you come to that is beyond me. The statement is ambiguous but you present your view as fact. Since when has a bar been the same area as the terraces? For a start, you can not watch the game from the bar.

It appears some on here appear to have the "ear" of people who as supposedly in the know, feed information whilst have a vested interest. It happened with StadiaSafe, it happened with IN, it happens with LT but (as yet) not happened with NS as didn't happen with Tommy Wright.

Hypocrisy rains. "Contact the club" ; "don't spread rumours as it does the club no good"; "others learn from social media" "why should the club respond to rumours THEN...................... public tweet spreading a rumour that I had not heard......... but that's okay.

I will go back to ignoring you as your constant nit-picking, love of the word "lie", confrontational does no good to what is a public forum when (as Source said) is forum where views can be shared.

By Hullablue13/8 12:45Mon Aug 13 12:45:43 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 483

I'm gonna take this from the bottom ... 're the tweet I sent to the club asking about a rumour you had not heard, the club asked for Qs for the fans forum. I sent a question in based on what I had been told by a fan of another club. I was also told that the problem was down to documents that needed submitting after the AGM and not related to the three things needed before the AGM.

're the selling of food, any area freely accessible is classed as one area when it comes to catering. At Halifax they had food outlet beneath the stand where you cannot see the match from. At Vauxhall Motors it was a portacabin in the corner, at Telford Under the stand, at Hyde behind the stand. If there was segregation in place, there would need to be another outlet for away fans. If fans were not able to move from me in stand to bar there would need to be an outlet for them. It is called understanding words VS. It's taught in schools, to children!

As for the rest of your post, it is paranoid conspiracy theory running wild and not worthy of response xx

By Hullablue13/8 09:56Mon Aug 13 09:56:43 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 564

My post about the person who said no programmes were available was not about you. Read it again.

I will address the rest of your go at me after I have watched this film, but in the meantime go back through my post and see how many times I mentioned you.
Then have a think about your post.
Cheers.

Edited by Hullablue at 09:59:38 on 13th August 2018

By ,shifter (Shifter)13/8 10:04Mon Aug 13 10:04:02 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 553

Isn’t this the exact point Sauce makes ?.....confrontation.

By Hullablue13/8 10:07Mon Aug 13 10:07:06 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 529

Yes, VS failed to read my post and confronted me based on his misunderstanding, accusing me of posting about him, when I hadn't.
He made lots of digs at me in his post didn't he? I didn't make any about him. Sad some people cannot stick to facts and instead go for confrontation.

By Vernon Slain13/8 10:00Mon Aug 13 10:00:09 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 560

Who was it that said it (wrote it) ?

The ''Model'' didn't work !

By Hullablue13/8 10:03Mon Aug 13 10:03:33 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 558

I don't know who said it. I know it was said because VS said he had been told that, and it would be a very odd lie to lie about being told that.

By Vernon Slain13/8 10:06Mon Aug 13 10:06:51 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 536

Not like you. You are usually so circumspect. But I've read enough of this particular who-dun-it.

The ''Model'' didn't work !

2 people like this 2 people

By Hullablue13/8 10:09Mon Aug 13 10:09:38 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 532

What isn t like me?

By ,shifter (Shifter)13/8 08:41Mon Aug 13 08:41:35 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 609

The doom mongers have time still to be proved right.
Being demoted,going bust getting chucked out the league saw the Boro sailing close to the wind on all three.
Program?the last time I bought a program was Boro v Rotherham,ain’t never ever bought food at MP or LW.the coffee is bad enough.

Boro are still a club in crisis,goner take one hard slog to convince the doom mongers they ain’t.

By Hullablue13/8 08:56Mon Aug 13 08:56:17 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 563

Not got time to be proved right considering the doom mongers consistently told anyone who would listen we wouldn't start the season in conf north.
They were wrong.
That is not an opinion, it is a fact.

The club is not in fine shape, I don't recall anyone denying that. I don't think anyone tried to claim everything was rosey, although several were wrongly accused of claiming that.

I have less confidence about the club's future now than I did at the end of May.

Edited by Hullablue at 08:58:08 on 13th August 2018

By ,shifter (Shifter)13/8 09:13Mon Aug 13 09:13:29 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 562

Imo , the doom mongers are fuelled by frustration.
There is no doubt the doom mongers amongst us at this moment cannot see the way forward.i for one will not poor scorn one those who just cannot see a bright future for Boro.
The same bloke who run the Boro into the ground and still owns the football club is still present,that ain’t good.
Smurth says twelve months,think he and us will soon realise he meant six months.

By Moley13/8 08:20Mon Aug 13 08:20:34 2018In response to Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 610

Good post.

And as much as I enjoyed the game I went to on Tuesday night, I don't YET see Smurf as the 'saviour' I have seen him described as elsewhere.

He could prove to be. He could also prove to be the final nail in the coffin. COULD.

By VS Town (VS Boro)13/8 09:02Mon Aug 13 09:02:30 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 556

lets wait and see...........

He could be just delaying the inevitable.

The football club still has the same owner, and no sign that will change soon.
NS is funding (probably by loans) the football club.

By Eileen Dover13/8 09:08Mon Aug 13 09:08:16 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 565

So you are stating that NS is funding the football club. Or were you just told that? you know, a bit like someone told you there were no programmes

By Moley13/8 09:20Mon Aug 13 09:20:23 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 564

He said so himself at the fans forum, did he not? Thorn had not been seen for ages, was not involved, and Smurf was funding the club through 'donations'.

By VS Town (VS Boro)13/8 09:24Mon Aug 13 09:24:33 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 535

Did he say "donation"?

By stone ragma13/8 09:27Mon Aug 13 09:27:36 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 559

I believe the word donations was tweeted as said by NS

By Eileen Dover13/8 11:35Mon Aug 13 11:35:02 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 507

You believe?
Were you at the meeting?
NS told everyone in the room that he was not there and that it was a hologram of himself talking
Do you believe that too?

By stone ragma13/8 14:11Mon Aug 13 14:11:16 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 414

I believe because I was not there, I read a tweet from the meeting that said NS had made donations, as I was not there I have not stated it as fact that is why I used the word believe, hope that clears it up

By Moley13/8 11:45Mon Aug 13 11:45:56 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 493

You don't think Smurf is making donations then? Who is financing the club then? A huge overdraft? Huge loan? LT?

I'm all ears, as I am fairly sure Smurf himself said he was donating to keep the club running.

By VS Town (VS Boro)13/8 13:09Mon Aug 13 13:09:22 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 440

Never said the financing of the club was from anywhere else the NS.
What I don't know is if its loan or donation. To me that's a very important distinction. That's why I asked for confirmation/source.

Whilst I have little doubt the league/FA have no interest in his dual involvement he has to be careful.

By Eileen Dover13/8 12:34Mon Aug 13 12:34:50 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 489

Could someone send me a link to where NS tweets where he stated that he's making donations to this club..no?

By stone ragma13/8 14:12Mon Aug 13 14:12:28 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 423

If you look at the SC tweets from the meeting you will find it there

By Eileen Dover13/8 14:18Mon Aug 13 14:18:03 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 443

No, cant find it. Mention of donations or tweets. can you please post it

Edited by Eileen Dover at 14:22:06 on 13th August 2018

By Moley13/8 14:26Mon Aug 13 14:26:19 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 434

I saw exactly the same as SR, and now can't on the feed. Which makes me think that was said/tweeted, and has since been delighted.

I don't see the issue anyway, do you really believe Norman is not putting any pennies in, as donations, to keep the club functioning? He is allowed to do that.

By mark-nbfc13/8 14:31Mon Aug 13 14:31:29 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 470

Nothing has been deleted.

Think this is the tweet that people are referring to

https://twitter.com/NuneatonBoroSC/status/1025101037999415297?s=19

It was a reply to a question and my interpretation of NS said.

I hope that clears things up. I'm guessing it won't! :)

---
https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

Edited by mark-nbfc at 14:32:12 on 13th August 2018

By stone ragma13/8 14:42Mon Aug 13 14:42:14 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 427

Thanks Mark that is the tweet I was referring to

By Moley13/8 14:37Mon Aug 13 14:37:18 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 432

Clears it up perfectly for me, so hopefully does for Eileen too, that Norman is making donations to help the club function.

By Hullablue13/8 14:44Mon Aug 13 14:44:17 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Did NS use the D word?

By Moley13/8 14:50Mon Aug 13 14:50:08 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 451

I don't know, but the tweet says he did.

By Hullablue13/8 15:22Mon Aug 13 15:22:49 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 421

But it doesn't.

By Moley13/8 15:24Mon Aug 13 15:24:49 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 428

''Norman is interviewing people to be Chair. Norman is making donations.''

why would the twitter account make that up?

By Hullablue13/8 15:36Mon Aug 13 15:36:13 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 401

So it doesn't say NS used the term "donations". I believe Mark said it was his interpretation.

By Moley13/8 15:37Mon Aug 13 15:37:54 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

okay then, so do you believe Norman is making 'donations' or not? Do you think Mark/the SC twitter has interpreted it wrong?

If he isn't how is the club functioning, in your opinion? Intrigued really.

By VS Town (VS Boro)13/8 18:36Mon Aug 13 18:36:33 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 405

I think its fair to say NS money is allowing the football club to operate

I also think the distinction between loan and donation is important on many levels.
( I dont agree with loans of longer than (say) three months from non-financial organisations, but thats a different topic).

I am sure NS is well aware of what he can and cant do, but the line is not always clear.
I would think if he is loaning money that would be dangerous as if a business owes him (or a company he owns) money it could be argued that he has influence on how that business is run.

Perhaps he is loaning LT money, but again that may be dangerous.
Perhaps he is doing it all through a company he owns; Perhaps Boro-statdiums.

NS/LT have to be careful with respect to what the leageue/FA permit. I dont think they are that bothered unless boro do things like sign port-vale top player in exchange for some green-sheild stamps :)
However there are tax and money laundering issues* to be careful with.

I am sure NS is well aware

* Not saying for one moment thats the case, but its a big thing at the moment.

This ^^^^^

By Hullablue13/8 19:03Mon Aug 13 19:03:01 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 383

I think its fair to say NS money is allowing the football club to operate

I also think the distinction between loan and donation is important on many levels.

I agree totally.

We know who. We know what. We know when.

No one seems sure on how.

And I am not confident that "why?" will have a Boro-friendly answer

Edited by Hullablue at 19:03:27 on 13th August 2018

By Hullablue13/8 15:49Mon Aug 13 15:49:35 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 413

I really don't know.

By Eileen Dover13/8 16:52Mon Aug 13 16:52:06 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 380

Okay, Norman is funding the position of Chairperson in the expectancy of MM taking over, and to represent the club at both home and away games with the owner's permission.
Hope that this clears everything up

Edited by Eileen Dover at 16:53:16 on 13th August 2018

By Moley13/8 16:54Mon Aug 13 16:54:24 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 394

MM?

Morell Maison?
Micky Moore?
Mike Marsh?

By Hullablue13/8 18:05Mon Aug 13 18:05:59 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 356

Author of Larry Grayson biography? Reserves manager at Griff.

By WCB (NTFC) (WCB)13/8 16:57Mon Aug 13 16:57:35 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 384

Messiah Macdonald.
That’s the real reason he signed!

------------------------------------------------------
Boro Exile

By Eileen Dover13/8 16:56Mon Aug 13 16:56:22 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 402

None of these Moley

By almost average 213/8 17:20Mon Aug 13 17:20:42 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 408

Mickey Mouse , would sort of suite us .

By Hullablue13/8 14:30Mon Aug 13 14:30:56 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

He is also allowed to make loans, or buy things from the club.

I dont recall the word "donations" being used, but my memory is shit, as per my tweet re first game at LW on Saturday.

By stone ragma13/8 14:25Mon Aug 13 14:25:57 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 421

I have just found it in about 20 seconds on the Nuneaton Borough SC Twitter feed, I don’t know how to post it on here but if you look on the SC Twitter page you will see tweet from the meeting that says NS said he is making donations

By Hullablue13/8 14:28Mon Aug 13 14:28:18 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 418

Click on "share tweet"

By stone ragma13/8 14:37Mon Aug 13 14:37:24 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 423

Sorry to be dumb but what then? none of the options will share it on here

By Hullablue13/8 14:43Mon Aug 13 14:43:38 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 409

Copy link as text, then copy it here

By Moley13/8 13:12Mon Aug 13 13:12:41 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 489

https://twitter.com/NuneatonBoroSC

By Eileen Dover13/8 13:45Mon Aug 13 13:45:26 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 447

Norman Smurthwaite has clear responsibilities from FA to not run the club
Nothing about loans or donations
Dare I mention third party backing?

By stone ragma13/8 14:14Mon Aug 13 14:14:04 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Notts County Owner who also backs Ilkeston tweeted himself that he had put around 200k of his money into Ilkeston last season whilst owning Notts

By Moley13/8 13:49Mon Aug 13 13:49:39 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 472

Okay then.

That money tree at LW is doing brilliantly to produce the cash to maintain this squad :)

see you tomorrow.

By Hullablue13/8 12:36Mon Aug 13 12:36:19 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 486

We're you at the meeting? Did he say anything about putting money in?

By Eileen Dover13/8 12:49Mon Aug 13 12:49:51 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 508

I was at the meeting.
He said that he'd spent £30,000 on ground work that needed doing with immediate effect, the wiring in the club was in such a dangerous state.
To the best of my knowledge, he never mentioned the word donation..he stated that LT still owned Boro Leisure.
Dont think that the League is too bothered about who owns the club so long as the books are in order, the FA on the other hand could throw us out of the FA Cup and Trophy if NS is deemed to be the new owner

Meh

By Unnamed Sauce13/8 20:43Mon Aug 13 20:43:35 2018In response to Re: Facts Opinions and RumoursTop of thread

Views: 354

Most of the threads in this post have little to do with the original point being made, which kind of reinforces what I was trying to say in the first place. Accusation and counter accusation. A bit of name calling. Some bickering over who did (or didn't) say what and then it generally peters out into conjecture about Mr. Smurthwaite and his motives. Real or imaginary

Then typically, like many posts on the Forum nowadays, it wanders off into a corner and dies,

Anyway. I wish the Borough good luck tomorrow. They need tons of it at the moment. At least it will be nice, for anyone going, to see how a living football stadium functions.

2 people like this 2 people

Previous thread: It could be worse we could be Tamworth by bert's dad13/8 22:03Mon Aug 13 22:03:13 2018view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.