ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Fluke? by stone ragmaToday 19:34Today at 19:34:21view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator14/2/2015 11:54Sat Feb 14 11:54:00 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hot Water by Fromage13/10 08:47Sat Oct 13 08:47:11 2018view thread

The future?

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/9 12:39Wed Sep 26 12:39:40 2018

Views: 1344

IMO......

Unless someone can buy out LT then the club is hamstrung and will just decline.

Of course its down to how my LT prepared to accept, but even so the fact the ground is not owned by the club is a big stumbling block unless someone buys one, then that company purchases the other.

So who might be "the savour".
* Smurf - Can he given PV connection; Why would he? Could he?
* Smurf - Someone running and owning club for Smurf - I cant see that being feasible.
* Local businesses - They had opportunity for last 5 years. Perhaps price too much. They did not seem impressed with coop plan
* coop - Gone quiet; very quiet on the subject.
* Thorn - He comes back, and we revert to lower-mid-table Southern-league central team.

The only hope I see is that LT gifts the club to the coop and supporters accept re-building at level 8; probably for years.
This may also involve moving away from LW; I don't know.

With current situation the phrase "be careful what you wish for" could be used in past, current an future tense.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: The future?

By boro4430/9 10:36Sun Sep 30 10:36:23 2018In response to The future?Top of thread

Views: 643

According to today's non league paper our future is looking very very grim.

By MJNB30/9 12:57Sun Sep 30 12:57:29 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 571

Article teaches nobody anything they didn’t already know.

Only difference is Nicky clarifying quite how grim the club is at the moment.

People thought Smurf was the saviour. He could simply just inherit a nice bit of land.

By stone ragma30/9 13:09Sun Sep 30 13:09:43 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 557

From the Boro and fans point of view NS buying the ground has not achieved anything if the club doesn’t survive beyond the next month, all it will have done is mean the club has struggled through an extra two months of football from essentially where it was in the summer

By stone ragma30/9 11:22Sun Sep 30 11:22:23 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 582

Just reading it now and have to say am not surprised, basically saying we are going from week to week and that money from season tickets and sponsorship will run out in about one month, says no one is in charge no one responsible for the club

Edited by stone ragma at 11:27:24 on 30th September 2018

By Hullablue30/9 12:46Sun Sep 30 12:46:03 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 544

How much us true, how much us telling a story someone wants telling?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By stone ragma30/9 12:50Sun Sep 30 12:50:23 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 536

Without knowing 💯 I suspect it is pretty accurate

By Hullablue30/9 12:56Sun Sep 30 12:56:46 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 539

I suspect it paints a picture NS wants painting. Telling a story for a certain audience, and it is not us.

By stone ragma30/9 13:03Sun Sep 30 13:03:10 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 552

I think the story is pretty much accurate but I do agree with you that it’s telling something someone, probably NS, wants told, it would seem hoping to attract a buyer for the club

By Hullablue30/9 13:35Sun Sep 30 13:35:29 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 529

Or telling the FA what could happen if they sanction him/us this week.

1 person likes this 1 person

By stone ragma30/9 13:51Sun Sep 30 13:51:14 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 500

Yes absolutely, quite honestly the state we are in it’s staggering really that we were allowed to start the season

Edited by stone ragma at 13:52:51 on 30th September 2018

By VS Town (VS Boro)30/9 13:56Sun Sep 30 13:56:04 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 504

Whilst I have little faith in football authorities I think won’t be influenced by a few quotes in a news paper.

Has this rumoured meeting actually be publically confirmed?
Pretty sure NS said he was in daily/weekly contact with the league/fa

Edited by VS Boro at 14:01:02 on 30th September 2018

By stone ragma30/9 14:01Sun Sep 30 14:01:58 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 504

You have to wonder what assurances were sort by Conference/Fa, if any, about are ability to see the season through, who, if anyone, gave any assurances and if they did what has changed in two months!

By Hullablue30/9 14:30Sun Sep 30 14:30:34 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 484

Has anything changed? I don't think it has. But I think some people want things to change and sharing a worst case scenario could be part of a project to encourage that change.

By MJNB30/9 15:59Sun Sep 30 15:59:28 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 428

Smurf is basically saying, let me run the club or there will be no club.

That’s how I see it.

And then if he isn’t allowed, he/Thorn will hope our fans see the FA as the bad guys for killing us.

By Hullablue30/9 16:19Sun Sep 30 16:19:04 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 401

That is how I see it too.

"I tried to do everything I could but FA killed your club, not me".

By VS Town (VS Boro)30/9 16:12Sun Sep 30 16:12:51 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 402

I am not convinced by any means that either care what people think about them.

As you stated elsewhere there are many reasons to why the club is where it is today.
You have my theory (non scientific one I add)

By Hullablue30/9 16:22Sun Sep 30 16:22:02 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 396

I am not totally sure the survival of the club is some people's top priority, but the amount of money reportedly pumped in on season's eve makes me think survival will happen if N'S is allowed to.

By VS Town (VS Boro)30/9 14:20Sun Sep 30 14:20:35 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 485

In the past, with clubs like Salisbury and Hereford (and others) a bond was sought when there was doubt about the club being viable.

Given Boro permitted to compete one would have to assume that any assurances sought were given and accepted.

Even NS has admitted the future was in doubt right upto the AGM and has claimed without him there would no club (I think he said/implied latter).

I admit to one detail I had overlooked/miss understood.
I thought NS involvement was a general permission from the EFL with respect to ground and club. I now realise it was only ownership of the ground.

By stone ragma30/9 14:36Sun Sep 30 14:36:39 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 493

NS said I think at the forum that season ticket money had been ring fenced due to not knowing right up to the start of the season if club would be allowed to start, according to this article that season ticket money has now all but been spent, if worse case scenario and we can’t go on beyond next month will season ticket holders have lost their money !!

By VS Town (VS Boro)30/9 15:46Sun Sep 30 15:46:45 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 419

Yes.

There may be a slight possibility that you could make a claim to the liquidators but I am pretty sure any ST holders would be at the back of the queue if not immediately discounted.

Let’s face it - Boro have bugger all assets and the biggest creditor is LT.

By catch2230/9 18:45Sun Sep 30 18:45:49 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 356

Wouldn't want my season ticket money back . Wouldn't take it if it was offered tbh.

By Hullablue30/9 14:54Sun Sep 30 14:54:49 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 474

Yes.

By WCB (NTFC) (WCB)30/9 10:44Sun Sep 30 10:44:20 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 564

any link to it please?

------------------------------------------------------
Boro Exile

Edited by WCB at 10:44:27 on 30th September 2018

By ,shifter (Shifter)27/9 19:06Thu Sep 27 19:06:16 2018In response to The future?Top of thread

Views: 729

What I find odd.
A film should have been made about Boro.

I have the perfect script .......back to the future .
😃😃
:)

By Hullablue26/9 13:19Wed Sep 26 13:19:47 2018In response to The future?Top of thread

Views: 1104

Thorn has nothing to do with Boro Leisure any more.

If you think NS is not in charge of anything, then I really have no idea how this conversation can go on.

NS is owner of club and ground.

It is obvious.

I didn't think anyone had been fooled. I really did not think anyone would fall for it.

Have you actually fallen for it, or is this a "going strictly on what they have admitted " post. Even then it is ignoring that LT is no longer associated in any way with Boro Leisure.

By MJNB26/9 13:36Wed Sep 26 13:36:40 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 1048

It’s no longer even a poorly kept secret.

Smurf has ‘confessed’.

Interesting times ahead.

By stone ragma26/9 13:27Wed Sep 26 13:27:32 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 1056

Fowler said a couple of weeks ago there was no one for them to answer to/report to , NS may own the club but as owner of PV he can not be involved in decision making at Boro, until he appoints someone to run club on his behalf it must be very difficult for Nicky and Lee plus Carly and Adam

By mark-nbfc26/9 16:28Wed Sep 26 16:28:33 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 938

"it must be very difficult for Nicky and Lee plus Carly and Adam"

This is something that it really important to remember, especially when offering criticism.

---
https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

By MJNB26/9 16:51Wed Sep 26 16:51:30 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 946

I think the work Adam and Carly continue to do in such challenging circumstances is incredible and both would and should walk into office based roles at other football clubs.

2 people like this 2 people

By almost average 226/9 17:43Wed Sep 26 17:43:54 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 889

From a purely football point of view if everything was fine at the club and results / performances where as they are on the pitch i would want Eaden & Fowler out , but under the current circumstances that would be extremely harsh .

By Hullablue26/9 13:37Wed Sep 26 13:37:19 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 1024

He cannot say "NS is running the club" as he cannot be running the club, but the only logical outcome is he is.

By stone ragma26/9 14:55Wed Sep 26 14:55:27 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 953

He can’t under FA rules , he can own but not have a say in the decisions and I suspect that is why Fowler said there is no one for them to answer to

By Hullablue26/9 14:57Wed Sep 26 14:57:54 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 954

Do you really think that they are not answering to NS?
Really?
We all know what the rules say, and what people say, but do you really think he is not making the calls?
Really?

By stone ragma26/9 15:16Wed Sep 26 15:16:39 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 950

I do think he is being very careful and not breaking FA rules

By MJNB26/9 15:22Wed Sep 26 15:22:17 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 948

From what I am aware, he has told the FA the exact situation. He’s running the show at Nuneaton, but isn’t hands on at PV.

And it will be resolved imminently.

Hence me saying this time next week, the crap we have at the moment may be more expensive than we can afford, we will see.

By stone ragma26/9 15:24Wed Sep 26 15:24:18 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 939

Only the other week he was reinstated as PV Chairman

By Hullablue26/9 16:31Wed Sep 26 16:31:42 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 903

And how much influence did the last chairman have?

I recall it being purely honorary.

By MJNB26/9 16:02Wed Sep 26 16:02:15 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 924

Okay then. By your reckoning, just so I can get this right,

He’s definitely making hands on decisions at Port Vale
He’s definitely not making hands on decisions at Boro

Is that really what you think?

The titles of owner and chairman and investor mean nothing. Prevents nothing. He’s apparently heavily involved in the decision making at Boro, he’s apparently admitted this to the Conference, he’s apparently admitted this to the FA, and in the coming weeks we will see what implications this has for NS, Vale and Boro.

So maybe this joke of a squad will become worse, not better.

Edited by MJNB at 16:06:44 on 26th September 2018

By stone ragma26/9 16:44Wed Sep 26 16:44:42 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 902

What implications do you think it will have? Fact: the other week he was reinstated as PV Chairman, Fact: under FA rules he can not have a say on decisions at two clubs

PV - Persons with significant control

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/9 17:37Wed Sep 26 17:37:19 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 1002

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08876768/persons-with-significant-control

Re: PV - Persons with significant control

By VS Town (VS Boro)27/9 12:15Thu Sep 27 12:15:13 2018In response to PV - Persons with significant controlTop of thread

Views: 775

I am at a loss to how Boro-Leisure can operate without a PSC.
I have assumed that LT shares have not been divided between (at least 4 others).

The reason for the PSC register is to aid investors with analysing company structures and also to aid law enforcement. In particular to help with money laundering investigations and also to help identify and prevent other illegal activity that may be carried out through UK business structures.

Also, more information here
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/people-with-significant-control-psc-who-controls-your-company

Re: PV - Persons with significant control

By Hullablue27/9 12:43Thu Sep 27 12:43:18 2018In response to Re: PV - Persons with significant controlTop of thread

Views: 761

One will always be at a loss when one doesn't know all the details.

It will all come out very soon. Sometimes things take a long time of actually happening before being updated or shared.

There are people involved who know far more than me and my Google about handing over control of a company so I am just waiting for them to explain rather than making the same point repeatedly without fully understanding its practical relevance.

Edited by Hullablue at 12:50:27 on 27th September 2018

By MJNB26/9 16:50Wed Sep 26 16:50:12 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 907

I have no idea what implications it will have, just like you don’t, despite throwing your fact comments about in that lovely passive aggressive manner.

I believe we shall come to some arrangement, but it is my belief and knowledge that he has apparently told the FA he is heavily involved in decision making at Boro. It’s up to them to decide what to do if that is indeed true.

By stone ragma26/9 16:52Wed Sep 26 16:52:25 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 881

I am just stating what is fact, not implying things as you are

By Hullablue26/9 17:32Wed Sep 26 17:32:45 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 860

With your facts it reads as if you are saying rules have been broken.

Do you think rules have been broken?

By stone ragma26/9 17:37Wed Sep 26 17:37:13 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 839

I’m saying what the rules are and no I don’t think NS would break those rules

By Hullablue26/9 17:54Wed Sep 26 17:54:14 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 854

Sorry, I thought you were under the impression rules had been broken with this post

https://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/nuneaton/article/297246

Sure you can see why I thought that.

By MJNB26/9 16:57Wed Sep 26 16:57:38 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 867

Fair enough.

I’m not implying anything though, I know what the situation is. I know what he has allegedly admitted to. I’ve made it blindingly obvious. Just been careful with my apparently and allegedly.

You asked what implications though?

My opinion is there will be none.

The FA will turn a blind eye as us and PV have no real competition with each other.

He’s actively looked to sell them.

He’s saved us and kept a competitions credibility in tact.

We will go down anyway. We could well fold anyway.

The FA twist and bend their rules to suit agendas and I feel a blind eye will be turned, like it has been for the last 2 or 3 months when it’s been so obvious what’s happening. Obvious to all except those who think everything is black and white and never grey anyway.

By Greg (NBFC)26/9 13:30Wed Sep 26 13:30:15 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 959

NS may own the club but as owner of PV he can not be SEEN TO BE involved in decision making at Boro

:)

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/9 13:31Wed Sep 26 13:31:45 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 941

Given last night AND league position I can see blind-eyes being made.

However, say its Boro or FCUM for 3rd/4th bottom spot I cant see FCUM raising questions (and quite rightly to).

By bert's dad26/9 14:34Wed Sep 26 14:34:50 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 912

Think Gainsborough have the biggest right to ask questions

By Hullablue26/9 14:39Wed Sep 26 14:39:48 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 906

No, they don't.

They had a massive hissy fit and lost all rights to be annoyed imo.

I just wish it was Tamworth in that position, it would have made me laugh soooo much.

Edited by Hullablue at 14:40:04 on 26th September 2018

By WCB (NTFC) (WCB)26/9 13:23Wed Sep 26 13:23:49 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 950

It is obvious to everyone that NS is in charge of both, so how would this work with the FA?

Would any punishment go against NS or against us and Port Vale?

------------------------------------------------------
Boro Exile

By stone ragma26/9 13:28Wed Sep 26 13:28:19 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 935

He can own Boro but not be involved in decision making

By MJNB26/9 13:37Wed Sep 26 13:37:56 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 930

How many owners of anything have no involvement in decision making?

Ridiculous

By Hullablue26/9 13:24Wed Sep 26 13:24:31 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 934

Thanks to last night, there is no conflict.

By stone ragma26/9 12:53Wed Sep 26 12:53:35 2018In response to The future?Top of thread

Views: 990

Having sold the ground to NS does LT still want money for the club? NS i don’t see getting anymore involved than he currently is, our best hope is that a new buyer comes forward but as you say with NS now owning the ground we are probably an even less attractive option for a buyer

By MJNB26/9 13:39Wed Sep 26 13:39:22 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 948

NS couldn’t get more involved than he is.

I don’t mean in technical FA being happy terms, I mean in literal terms.

He owns. He runs. He decides. And the authorities know this.

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/9 17:30Wed Sep 26 17:30:08 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 817

He runs

Not from what I understand the manager, the assistant, the secretary and someone else has said.

By Hullablue26/9 17:34Wed Sep 26 17:34:36 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 809

He does from what prople have said to me.

what is Known

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/9 17:29Wed Sep 26 17:29:02 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 814

Boro Stadiums
In July
* LT stepped down as director
* LT Relinquished the title of "person with significant control"
* NS became a director
* The registered address was changed to Vale Park, Stoke

There is no record of any shares being sold OR anyone with significant control.

Boro Stadiums
In August
* LT stepped down as director
* LT Relinquished the title of "person with significant control"

There is no record of any shares being sold OR anyone with significant control.

Knowledge/Understanding
* NS said himself he can not be seen to have influence in two football clubs
* NS is financing Boro Leisure.

I don't claim to know how not having "person with significant control" works, but there has to be someone who is legally bound to run a company within the law.

My understanding is share transfer can take time to be reported/registered.

Add to this, we have no idea as to what happened/happening to the debts of Boro Leisure, most of which (circa £400,000) that was owed to directors/LT.

To say NS owns the football club has no evidence what-so-ever. Perhaps LT has sold his shares to someone/NS and either written off what Boro Leisure own him. No one knows.

Perhaps NS is happy to hand over money to a company he has no legal right to and no apparent influence.

By stone ragma26/9 14:56Wed Sep 26 14:56:37 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 901

And if they did know it they would take action

By Hullablue26/9 15:00Wed Sep 26 15:00:26 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 906

They knew.

Everyone who is paying attention knows.

What action can they take? What action will they take?

My guess is we will know soon if they will do anything.

My guess would also be that going out of the FA Cup means there is no conflict this season.

No harm no foul?

Edited by Hullablue at 15:00:56 on 26th September 2018

By stone ragma26/9 15:15Wed Sep 26 15:15:51 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 954

Why have rules unless you are going to take action when they are broken?

By stone ragma26/9 17:56Wed Sep 26 17:56:07 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 832

I was answering the above post who was implying rules could be ignored or a blind eye turned

2 people like this 2 people

By MJNB26/9 18:47Wed Sep 26 18:47:51 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 786

Who says action won’t be taken in the upcoming weeks?

You’re certain no wrong doing has taken place/ NS hasn’t admitted to the authorities that he’s involved with us, and that he’s not meeting with the relevant people next week to discuss?

By Hullablue26/9 18:40Wed Sep 26 18:40:53 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 792

The post you were replying to was saying no conflict = no rules broken, so in fact totally the opposite.

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/9 17:33Wed Sep 26 17:33:13 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 819

spot on.

Reality may be one thing, but once rules are bent is another.

Imagine they turned a blind eye now, and then things change.
as things stand we are out the FA Cup (but not the FA Youth cup), look doomed in the league so it wont make much difference.

They brought in the rule (I think post Maxwell) for reasons, and it seems pretty black and white to me.
Seems some are happy for rules to be broken if its helps Boro.

Edited by VS Boro at 17:33:33 on 26th September 2018

By MJNB26/9 18:49Wed Sep 26 18:49:54 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 794

I am far from happy for rules to be broken.

I just don’t think everything is as black and white as stone ragma is painting, and believe NS is discussing our situation with the relevant authorities

By Hullablue26/9 18:54Wed Sep 26 18:54:30 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 804

I think rules haven't been broken, but maybe the spirit of them have.

Or maybe rules have been, but not the spirit of them.

I don't think anyone has gained any advantage from this.

Edited by Hullablue at 19:10:10 on 26th September 2018

By MJNB26/9 19:02Wed Sep 26 19:02:38 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 812

THIS

Which is why I believe NS has been open and honest about the situation rather than wait to be contacted/accused of any wrong doing.

By stone ragma26/9 19:18Wed Sep 26 19:18:45 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 852

Thanks for the message, I now understand fully the points you were making 👍,

By stone ragma26/9 17:36Wed Sep 26 17:36:09 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 836

Despite what some may believe I don’t think NS is stupid enough to break the rules

By bert's dad27/9 17:28Thu Sep 27 17:28:32 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 706

Wonder what Port Vale fans think about all this

By Arfur Towcrate27/9 20:43Thu Sep 27 20:43:23 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 684

Some Port Vale fans have serious concerns about what Smurthwaite is up to here. The local press are also interested. Our experience of Smurthwaite is that he is frequently a stranger to the truth and what he says one day he will contradict the next.

By VS Town (VS Boro)27/9 18:52Thu Sep 27 18:52:04 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 658

I popped on their forum yesterday, and no mention of "nuneaton" in weeks. They not massive fans of Smurf, but I think his involvement with Nuneaton does not cross their radar at all.

By Baden 9 Kreuzer27/9 19:05Thu Sep 27 19:05:55 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 646

Many PV fans dislike NS, he forced out ex Cov defender Rob Page and nearly took the club out of the league with back to back relegations, they survived in the FL last season by one point.

By Baden 9 Kreuzer27/9 17:21Thu Sep 27 17:21:22 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 684

You overestimate him.

By Hullablue26/9 17:35Wed Sep 26 17:35:14 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 834

Which rules have been broken?

By Hullablue26/9 16:28Wed Sep 26 16:28:54 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 861

What rules have been broken?

Actual numbers and clauses please, ta

By stone ragma26/9 16:55Wed Sep 26 16:55:14 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 852

I haven’t said any rules are broken, all I said was he is not allowed under FA rules to be making decisions at two clubs at the same time, I assume he is smart enough to stick to those rules

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/9 17:39Wed Sep 26 17:39:14 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 825

caveat

a) Three bodies are involved here. The EFL, the FA and The Conference.
b) The EFL rule does provide a "get out"

'Disqualifying Condition' means all or any of the following:

Associations between clubs:

(1.a) either directly or indirectly being involved in, or having the power to determine or influence, the management or administration of another Club or Premier League Club unless a dispensation in respect of the same has been granted by the Board in accordance with Regulation ;

(1.b) either directly or indirectly holding or acquiring any Significant Interest in a Club while at the same time either directly or indirectly holding any interest in any class of shares or securities of another Club unless a dispensation in respect of the same has been granted by the Board in accordance with Regulation ;

By MJNB26/9 15:23Wed Sep 26 15:23:10 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 894

Who says they aren’t going to?

By Hullablue26/9 13:42Wed Sep 26 13:42:30 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 934

I really cannot understand how anyone did not understand this from the off.

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)26/9 12:46Wed Sep 26 12:46:47 2018In response to The future?Top of thread

Views: 972

Who even owns/runs Boro Leisure now with LT being removed?

Does the debt still apply to Boro Leisure with LT being removed as director?

Were is this person that Smurf said in the fans forum that he was employing to take over the day to day side of the club?

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/9 13:22Wed Sep 26 13:22:20 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 932

LT still owns 100% of the shares.
However, he has removed himself of any responsibility.

How the company is operating is beyond me.

With both companies any debts are to the company and not the owner.
SO, with Boro Leisure the company owes LT for loans he made.

By mark-nbfc26/9 12:44Wed Sep 26 12:44:05 2018In response to The future?Top of thread

Views: 983

Buy out LT? He is no longer a director of Boro Leisure or person with significant control.

---
https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

Who owns Boro Leisure Shares?

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/9 13:25Wed Sep 26 13:25:17 2018In response to Re: The future?Top of thread

Views: 1022

So, who owns the shares of Boro Leisure if not LT?

Not having significant control does not mean not having shares (although it does not seem to make sense at the moment).

At the moment it seems pretty clear that no one is running the business other than manager, assistant manager, secretary and (I think) bar manager.
That is what concerns me, and helps formulates my view. I also think those 4 may be foolish to do such.

NS can not have influence in 2 clubs. He stated that himself.
I have no doubt he is funding things, but he will not have any responsibility or influence*

* Hard to prove.

Edited by VS Boro at 13:30:24 on 26th September 2018

Re: Who owns Boro Leisure Shares?

By Baden 9 Kreuzer27/9 17:17Thu Sep 27 17:17:35 2018In response to Who owns Boro Leisure Shares?Top of thread

Views: 758

We know LT owned 100% of Boro Leisure's shares.

We also know that he has ceased to be a person of significant control according to Companies House.

A person of significant control controls at least 25% of shares in a company so if he is no longer this, we can only assume that he must have recently transferred > 75% of his shareholding to one or more parties.

Worth reading National League rules 2.12 through 2.14
http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/articles/league-rules-1013?page=0

A confirmation statement (shareholder return) should be due in the next few weeks. However the company has no officers as LT was also terminated as a director. Whoever the owner(s) is/are, they probably need to convene an AGM or pass a special resolution to sort stuff out.

The club website states LT is still 100% the owner. Maybe someone can confirm what is printed in the Brackley programme.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatontownfc/a/club-information-46945.html

By VS Town (VS Boro)27/9 18:47Thu Sep 27 18:47:35 2018In response to Re: Who owns Boro Leisure Shares?Top of thread

Views: 670

Thing is, if he has transferred more than 75% of shares then there has to be 5 people each with less than 25% otherwise the need to list those PSC.

Its interesting that Boro-Stadiums list PSC, but not Boro-Leisure.

I believe that change of share ownership does not have to be reported immediately.

NS said he had sought (and got) permission from EFL. Perhaps that was temporary agreement and/or he now needs FA/Conference agreement and/or there is nothing to hear.
NS also said (in July I think) that he was going to appoint someone to run the club "next week".

Its all a mess.

By Baden 9 Kreuzer27/9 18:59Thu Sep 27 18:59:53 2018In response to Re: Who owns Boro Leisure Shares?Top of thread

Views: 660

I think NS got clearance from the EFL to buy Boro Stadium Co Ltd.

5 or more people, none of them Boro fans, buying a minority stake in a non-league football club (especially one that doesn't own its own ground) and then nothing leaking out into the public domain doesn't really pass a sanity check.

Occam's razor says that NS is the most likely new owner of Boro Leisure, how many other people are there queueing up?

Nothing seems to have been reported to Companies House re: shareholdings, directorships or PSC info, which would suggest a reticence to alert the footballing authorities.

By VS Town (VS Boro)27/9 19:12Thu Sep 27 19:12:56 2018In response to Re: Who owns Boro Leisure Shares?Top of thread

Views: 679

I think NS got clearance from the EFL to buy Boro Stadium Co Ltd.

good point.

I am pretty sure its commonly accepted (and stated by NS himself) that without his involvement and assurances then Boro would have not survived the league AGM and (i think) had got the transfer embargo lifted.

I suspect (if confirmed) these meetings are to see the situation NOW and fact that someone not been appointed to run the club is not a good sign.

By Baden 9 Kreuzer13/10 10:10Sat Oct 13 10:10:09 2018In response to Re: Who owns Boro Leisure Shares?Top of thread

Views: 279

NS must have been aware of the potential for a conflict of interest and I'm sure he was told to familarize himself with the FA and league rules.

So with the knowledge that he could get not one but two football clubs in the **** if he didn't do things by the book, he can't use ignorance as a defence.

If he has gone further than what he was told he was allowed to do, then it shows how stupid or reckless he is. He probably thought he'd be fine as long as he didn't get caught.

By stone ragma13/10 12:33Sat Oct 13 12:33:41 2018In response to Re: Who owns Boro Leisure Shares?Top of thread

Views: 226

He said the rules about being involved in two clubs were clearly explained too him

By Hullablue13/10 09:33Sat Oct 13 09:33:27 2018In response to Re: Who owns Boro Leisure Shares?Top of thread

Views: 308

Does anyone still accept the version of events where NS saved the club?

By Hullablue27/9 19:30Thu Sep 27 19:30:14 2018In response to Re: Who owns Boro Leisure Shares?Top of thread

Views: 715

I think there were alternatives.

He was not the only horse in the race but he was the first choice.

Second choice wasn't to just go bust.

If people think the timeline stated by NS is true then I have some beans to sell them.

Previous thread: Boro Leisure ownership by Baden 9 Kreuzer13/10 09:23Sat Oct 13 09:23:35 2018view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.