ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Return to front page

Newest article: January- make or break by MJNBYesterday 22:54Yesterday at 22:54:52view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator14/2/2015 11:54Sat Feb 14 11:54:00 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tonight by almost average 220/11 21:57Tue Nov 20 21:57:28 2018view thread

Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest

By MJNB19/11 22:02Mon Nov 19 22:02:25 2018

Views: 1069

Hi All, Nick here.

Not on Facebook but had a quick read through the forum! Very interesting.

It’s vitally important each and everyone of you have an opinion and are confident enough to share, wether right or wrong in our own mind, you are all Boro fans and want the best for the club/team.

Embrace it!!

We are in transition and it’s really exciting as I know exactly what is required and how to get there but as I have stated it will take some time to deliver, stick with me and stick together. Let’s embrace each moment as quite rightly not so long ago there was potentially nothing to support, nothing to have an opinion on!! Be assured we will not be relegated this season, although things do not seem quite so rosey right now things are progressing really nicely and I will update all tomorrow in the BAR at 18:45!!

Again I am open to questions and ideas! Thank you so much for your support your showing the team, myself and management. we really need to keep driving the support home so we can start building stability financially, bring your friends and family back to the Boro and together we will make the impossible possible!

The support for the managers is fantastic and believe me they are working tirelessly to turn it around as we all are, inevitably we are in a results business and this is what we are all striving for, none of us are use to losing.

Have a great evening and keep your comments flowing (preferably more positive than negative lol).

I am loving every minute of it, thank you.

#BackTheBoro #UTB

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Hawkins on Twitter - More Great News

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)21/11 14:03Wed Nov 21 14:03:19 2018In response to Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 681

Another Tweet from him with more great news...

What a great week off the field @NuneatonBoroFC

Physio ✅
Kitman ✅
Training venue secured ✅
Commercial aspect growing ✅
Hospitality being pre booked way in advance ✅
Revised Budget almost achieved ✅
Offer to Rugby club 4 partnership ✅

Not bad at all - thank you all 👏🏻

In HAWK we trust!

Edited by nbfcadam at 14:03:47 on 21st November 2018

Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great News

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/11 16:43Wed Nov 21 16:43:26 2018In response to Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 453

if the budget is achieved, then does that mean fewer departures? (I admit, only one or two listed I would like to stay)

By MJNB21/11 16:41Wed Nov 21 16:41:43 2018In response to Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 448

Be shocked if we aren’t training at either

Leicester Road 3G
Coleshill 3G

By stone ragma21/11 18:41Wed Nov 21 18:41:36 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 408

From what I heard couple weeks back it’s the 3G at Leicester Roaders

By Eileen Dover21/11 19:20Wed Nov 21 19:20:04 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 457

I asked the question at Nick's last update in the bar and was told that the players would probably be training at Coleshill

By MJNB21/11 21:09Wed Nov 21 21:09:27 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 385

3G pitch

Makes sense.

Could, potentially, be our local derby in a league game next season.

I imagine a friendly there if not.

13 months time

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/11 21:55Wed Nov 21 21:55:42 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 412

Edited because (shock horror) I talking crap

Coleshill / Coalville - all the same.

So barwell or Tamworth (or Bedworth) at Xmas

Strike through - forget - Boro won’t be relegated

Edited by VS Boro at 21:57:06 on 21st November 2018
Edited by VS Boro at 21:58:30 on 21st November 2018

By blueandwhitemad21/11 14:09Wed Nov 21 14:09:54 2018In response to Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 568

Great positivity coming out of the club at long last may it continue..."UP THE BORO" well done Nick and all of all the other staff whom are making it possible and what a breath of fresh air Nick is proving to be..

Edited by blueandwhitemad at 14:16:16 on 21st November 2018

By ,shifter (Shifter)21/11 14:16Wed Nov 21 14:16:50 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 551

To Mr L Thorne.
Was it really that difficult for you to have made similar changes ?
Mr Hawkins has done more in five minutes than you did in five years.
Seems to me he really does have the Boro at heart ,pity you didn’t.

Edit to add .
Meant Hawkins not Eaden,although the latter has made a massive contribution.

Edited by Shifter at 14:26:02 on 21st November 2018

By Hullablue21/11 16:01Wed Nov 21 16:01:35 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 472

You do know Thorn also achieved all of those things, right?

No point letting facts come in to play when the cult of personality kicks in.

Genuinely shocked how quickly Boro fans have rushed to worship a new messiah so quickly after the last one turned put to be nothing he appeared to be and did nothing he promised.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By ,shifter (Shifter)21/11 16:31Wed Nov 21 16:31:33 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 430

The words new messiah don’t really fit the bill as far as Boro fans concerned ,imo, there is no hero worship,just one huge sigh of relief that the Hawk is trying his best to make an impact.
Smurth ? The sooner some Boro motivated business buys him out ,Boro will be better for it.

In view of what Thorn / Smurth/ Neil did or didn’t do is totally irrelevant now ,it’s what Hawk does now ,so far he is making a decent hand of things.
I will knock him when he deserves knocking,so far that seems a long way off.

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/11 16:39Wed Nov 21 16:39:34 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 390

Lets suppose Smurf managed to purchase the football club. How do we know what would have happened.
Yes, he has been painted badly, but do we know.

I do recall reading how well he was doing and was so "hands on" and would speak to supporters.
How brilliant he organised a friendly (we didn't have any), got the kit sorted (we didn't have any), how he got us some loans (numbers needed), put diesel in the generators, got the pitch sorted.
These may not have been 100% factual, but I do recall supporters bowing down to him (at the time).

I also remember seeing on FaceBook birthday wishes to him and thanks for saving the club.

Lets wait and see.......

I can 100% accept living within means; I can accept relegation (perhaps 2) to achieve this.............will others?
Many in the past have wanted Thorn to put hands in pocket and give the town a club they deserve; will these peopr return?

By Hullablue21/11 16:35Wed Nov 21 16:35:37 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 406

There clearly is some hero worship going on.
Especially when people praise him for doing things that Thorn didn't do when Thorn actually did.

If you think what happened in the past is irrelevant then you are sorely mistaken.

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/11 16:26Wed Nov 21 16:26:32 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 397

I agree,

I suspect I come over as a Thorn apologist. That is not true.
He made mistakes (as will any owner) and from what I understand he was not easy to talk to.

In many ways my biggest gripe with him has been the transition.
I believe he set the budget.
I believe he sanctioned many signings (including some for fees)
I believe he agreed to 2 year contracts.
whilst knowing he would not be involved and had done nothing to get income

By Hullablue21/11 16:32Wed Nov 21 16:32:31 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 386

I believe LT did that after discussion with NS.

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)21/11 14:22Wed Nov 21 14:22:02 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 498

Hawk makes the effort at every game home or away to make sure he comes and sees all the fans. Has a chat with us and even a sing along with the young faithful. Top man and a likeable guy!

Thorn did nothing like the above.

In HAWK we trust!

By stone ragma21/11 15:41Wed Nov 21 15:41:15 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 411

NH played non league football, understands the things that matter at non league level, what works what doesn’t, communication and interaction with fans being a big part of that 👍👏

By almost average 221/11 15:48Wed Nov 21 15:48:54 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 413

Shows how we have been treated , with the praise Hawk is getting just for doing the basics that any fans should expect .
Not meant as a criticism just an observation .

By MJNB21/11 16:44Wed Nov 21 16:44:32 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 391

Agreed.

I rate how he is communicating with people.

I rate how he’s done the basics.

But there’s things I’m also not sure on, and will do a VS with.

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/11 16:50Wed Nov 21 16:50:54 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 397

You phrased that in a way I was struggling with; Thanks

I rate how he is communicating with people.
I rate how he’s done the basics.
But there’s things I’m also not sure on

By WCB (NTFC) (WCB)21/11 17:08Wed Nov 21 17:08:50 2018In response to Re: Hawkins on Twitter - More Great NewsTop of thread

Views: 398

+1 , my feelings too.

I also think if LT had communicated and said "I am doing x because of y" then it would have gone a long way into getting people onside.

Also, because people can see physical evidence of the stuff NH has done, hence the changing rooms and new kits, it's easier to say "he's done what he has promised".

As AA has said before, it shows how bad things had got, that we are so taken by someone who is just doing the basics right.

------------------------------------------------------
Boro Exile

Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest

By VS Town (VS Boro)19/11 22:24Mon Nov 19 22:24:34 2018In response to Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 977

He is coming across very well but I just want to ]highlight

“Be assured we will not be relegated this season“

That is a hell of a promise and one that Thorn said and was lamblasted for saying.

By ,shifter (Shifter)19/11 22:45Mon Nov 19 22:45:18 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 857

I would much rather he came out and said “ we would not be relegated “ rather than saying we would be relegated .
He knows full well it will be a tall order to stay in this league ,he knows full well in order to stay up the squad needs improving and imo ,with a lot of games left ,he could well be right that Boro will stay up.
My own feeling Boro will drop,until that is a reality,I for one prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

At least the guy is keeping Boro fans in the loop.

By BoroStokie19/11 22:52Mon Nov 19 22:52:43 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 825

At Alfreton Nick shook hands with, pretty much, all the Boro fans and every player. He had time for anyone who wanted to speak to him and is one of the most positive blokes I've met. Good luck from me Nick and thanks for bringing a smile back to the faithful.

"Come On You Boro Boys!"

By MJNB19/11 22:25Mon Nov 19 22:25:56 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 854

That was the only part I didn’t like, too

By almost average 220/11 08:30Tue Nov 20 08:30:10 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 718

I think he's just a bit excitable and is trying to be positive . I certainly won't hold any of those against him . He's a bit like the club have found Thorn's polar opposite , and it's a breath of fresh air . Lets hope he can back up his talk .

By stone ragma20/11 09:34Tue Nov 20 09:34:01 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 655

He knows what changes in playing personal are going to be made, if he believes those changes will help us escape relegation then I don’t have a problem with him saying so, personally think it will be difficult but positivity from the owner is good to see

By VS Town (VS Boro)20/11 09:44Tue Nov 20 09:44:43 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 660

It would be interesting to hear if Eaden agrees as he in charge of footballing matters.

By stone ragma20/11 09:53Tue Nov 20 09:53:58 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 645

Would hope NH, NE and LF are all working together, hard for the Management duo because they are working with a reduced budget and can only bring in players that fit into that

By Hullablue20/11 09:14Tue Nov 20 09:14:00 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 678

I recall Thorn saying we wouldn't get relegated in his first season and him getting universally panned for it.

By VS Town (VS Boro)20/11 09:43Tue Nov 20 09:43:08 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 656

https://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/nuneaton/article/300348.

By almost average 220/11 09:42Tue Nov 20 09:42:05 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 644

Thorn seemed to have a way of upsetting / annoying the fans . Hawk so far seems to be winning them over .
It's life , two people can do or say exactly the same with totally different reactions as the fun boy three said " It's not what you do it's the way that you do it " .

2 people like this 2 people

By stone ragma20/11 09:52Tue Nov 20 09:52:01 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 634

Thorns problems started with his five yr plan but no idea how it would be achieved

By bert's dad19/11 23:22Mon Nov 19 23:22:03 2018In response to Re: Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 785

Nicky it is not the end of the world if we are relegated. The team played well on Saturday and if they continue to put in the effort they have shown they will have my backing. Sometimes a couple of new players turn the season round like in 1973-4 but sometimes signing new players like legends like Dixey and Morley under Graham Carr fail to save us from relegation. That’s football. Fingers crossed

Phew, what a relief

By Hullablue19/11 22:22Mon Nov 19 22:22:22 2018In response to Nicky Hawk on Boro chat- applause from me, open and honest Top of thread

Views: 858

Nice to know we will not get relegated!!

2 people like this 2 people

Re: Phew, what a relief

By Wotnostrikers19/11 22:30Mon Nov 19 22:30:34 2018In response to Phew, what a reliefTop of thread

Views: 838

Wow Nick must have the heads up that 3 clubs are being kicked out of the league for one reason or another.

By joetowny (Joe)20/11 09:09Tue Nov 20 09:09:14 2018In response to Re: Phew, what a reliefTop of thread

Views: 688

if the management team dont think we can survive then we wont.
if the chairman doesn' then we wont
*three years on the run we were inundated on here with posters forecasting our demise
this is the first for me whereby it looks ( at the moment ) likely
every season clubs fall "post christmas" into the relegation trap
clubs who looked certs for promotion fall away
nothing in football is certain until confirmed.
club wont start the season. it did
club will go bust on monday. it didn't
see what i mean.
things can and do change overnight
never throw the towel in until the count reaches ten.
btw not saying there is not a mountain to climb because there is. but people climb mountains
cheers.

* 1st one pre season, after our relegation from the premier when according to some on here we were going to have a team of academy players ! we didn't

By MJNB20/11 09:36Tue Nov 20 09:36:21 2018In response to Re: Phew, what a reliefTop of thread

Views: 640

as Belford has said, 72 points left to play for.

A little winning run, however much that seems unlikely right now, changes everything.

Weirdly, I still have an odd feeling we will stay up.

By almost average 220/11 09:51Tue Nov 20 09:51:13 2018In response to Re: Phew, what a reliefTop of thread

Views: 637

If we can cut out the terrible defending we might have a chance . There were times on Saturday when we played really well and had Alfreton chasing shadows , same as the York , Stockport & Kiddy games yet we didn't win any . The problem is when you permanently ship soft goals your never going to score enough goals to turn it around .
The big unknown is how many of the current side will still be here after Christmas and what standard will the replacements be .

By stone ragma20/11 09:57Tue Nov 20 09:57:10 2018In response to Re: Phew, what a reliefTop of thread

Views: 632

I’m a big believer in attack being the first line of defence, as NE said after the game on Saturday we missed numerous chances, it puts the defence under more pressure when we are not scoring goals at the other end

By almost average 220/11 10:12Tue Nov 20 10:12:52 2018In response to Re: Phew, what a reliefTop of thread

Views: 653

As VS pointed out we've scored the joint least and conceded the second most in the division . If at least one of those does not change we ain't going to stay up .

By VS Town (VS Boro)20/11 11:36Tue Nov 20 11:36:27 2018In response to Re: Phew, what a reliefTop of thread

Views: 620

I remember early season people saying the defence looked strong.
To keep that going week in; week out is near impossible to keep "holding out"

Football is a team game. IMO Boro need improving individually (defence, midfield, attack) and collectively. I cant see that happening and I sadly don't believe the BPA result will be unique this season. The team has actually done better than I feared.

One thing I will say; I am actually enjoying games more games than for a hell of a long time.

By ,shifter (Shifter)20/11 16:31Tue Nov 20 16:31:26 2018In response to Re: Phew, what a reliefTop of thread

Views: 559

If Boro finished fourth bottom on goal difference that will do for me.
Plenty left to play for,needs time to get youngsters moulded into any sort of decent team,just need a bit of experience in there with Baker .

Said before,think Boro will go,I am hoping beyond hope that won’t happen.
Boro need to start taking the chances they are creating if they are to stay up.

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)20/11 09:53Tue Nov 20 09:53:53 2018In response to Re: Phew, what a reliefTop of thread

Views: 631

Agree wif we can strengthen the back four then we have a real chance of staying up. Going forward we look dangerous biggest problem we face is losing Dior in Jan and i doubt the loan will be renewed :/

However the new lads Edmunds and Jennings looked decent on Saturday, the other lad Leek didnt have much time to impress.

Same as MJNB i have a feeling we wont go down this year, the belief is there from everyone within the camp and thats half the battle won!

By almost average 220/11 10:07Tue Nov 20 10:07:44 2018In response to Re: Phew, what a reliefTop of thread

Views: 637

Yer i thought Edmunds & Jennings showed some encouraging moments . Both looked comfortable on the ball . It must also be remembered that Edmunds was asked to play left back , not his natural position . As you say Leek only had a short spell when the game was already lost , so couldn't really judge .

Previous thread: Chairman by Crocket21/11 10:37Wed Nov 21 10:37:28 2018view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.