ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Norman Smurthwaite. by stone ragmaYesterday 08:01Yesterday at 08:01:32view thread

Oldest article: No subject by ,shifter26/1 15:53Sat Jan 26 15:53:40 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Ladies and girls teams... by CNN8/2 15:19Fri Feb 8 15:19:32 2019view thread

Nil budget

By MJNB7/2 11:12Thu Feb 7 11:12:28 2019

Views: 942

Apologies if this has been mentioned in an existing thread already, but, here's my take.

- We have 16 points. We are 14 (basically 15 points due to GD) from survival. Realistically, we are down. We've won 3 games in the league all season, 1 since September. We aren't suddenly gonna win 8 or 9 and stay up.

- Keep the players who are on contracts, such as Addison, Obeng, Belford. Pay them what they should be paid and honour those deals.

- Release ALL non contract players, who, on the whole, with all due respect, whether on just £100 a week or not, aren't good enough for this level.

- Play kids and local lads on just travel expenses and a £0 budget (aside from those mentioned) until the end of the season. We are down anyway, so going down losing 6-0 every week or losing 2-0 most weeks makes no odds. Survival as a club matters more than our goal difference.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Nil budget

By catch227/2 14:30Thu Feb 7 14:30:14 2019In response to Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 745

Think this situation is going to go on and on imo. We will very likely struggle next year , embargo seems to be a permanent fixture, constantly struggling with wages . The only way forward I can honestly see , is to do a Worcester drop to level 8/9 . Basic wages and minimal travelling .Harsh but that's were I think we really are .Agree with you , but that's going to be our default situation from now on in .

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 15:48Thu Feb 7 15:48:21 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 682

I would like to say you are talking crap and bullshit............ but can't.

I don't think "doing a Worcester" will work for boro.
We done that too many times now. I think Worcester (and Kettering) have/had the dream of getting back to their home town.

I think "the people of Nuneaton" are fed up with the football club rather than the accusation that they don't want a football club (a term I don't like).

By joetowny (Joe)7/2 14:47Thu Feb 7 14:47:37 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 722

question
before we make these predictions
it would be nice to know
expenditure
as opposed to income
then just maybe we can all come to some sort of a rational decision on the state of the club
because if it takes over a 700 average gate to input since H arrived + all the other add ons food / bar / corporate etc etc
with the wage bill halved then where is the money going.
there is no attempt at shite stirring just asking the question.
if it was answered then maybe we could all understand the present situation instead of fishing in the dark for answers

ps i cant think of many clubs in the non league game who would not be rubbing their hands in delight if 700 turned up to watch a bunch of glorified amateurs perform week in week out for fuck all.

Edited by Joe at 14:51:04 on 7th February 2019

By doghead8/2 12:01Fri Feb 8 12:01:32 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 446

Don`t forget if we get 700 probably 250/300 are season ticket holders, so boro have already had that money.

1 person likes this 1 person

By joetowny (Joe)8/2 13:36Fri Feb 8 13:36:28 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 384

yes i know that, 200 ish + i believe ?...... im one.
i decided some time ago rightly or wrongly to pay my admission
some have sponsored players others im certain are doing their bit, whatever
a lot of debate on here on the subject of finances at the club
until someone can come on here and identify the expenditure as opposed to income
then we are in the dark on the true state of the club
could be better than some think could be a lot worse.
can the present chairman keep going ? has he the finances to do so ? is he trying to run the club on a weekly no loss basis ? or is he covering losses ? has he bit off more than he can chew ? will he eventually right the ship ?
ie a whole catalog of ifs and buts. take your pick.
it appears there are doubts surrounding the future.
not exactly the ideal situation for any outside investment is it

my take is that if we the people who follow the club through thick and thin cant support it to survive
how can we expect others to donate their monies into it.
thats not me saying for one minute im right. far from it. just how i identify it.
if we knew what was actually needed that would at least be a start or foundation for some substance in the many theories posted on here.
cheers anyway bud.

By Hullablue8/2 14:29Fri Feb 8 14:29:33 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 368

The owner has gone on record several times re the size of the wage bill. I do not recall if he has said how big the HMRC bill is, but that seems to be a big un. But also seems to be just from this season due to us having pay roll issues since NS confirmed to the bank he was sole owner.
Other bills would include utilities and the likes of coach trips, as well as pre-existing footballing debts, despite NS claiming he had cleared them all.
One thing is for sure, NH doesn't have to repay the loans from former owners, and I was told at the Ashton match the directors loans from IN were far bigger than LT's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By joetowny (Joe)8/2 14:58Fri Feb 8 14:58:23 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 338

Hmmm thanks. sounds like he has plenty on his plate
you have to wonder how much he was aware of the situation
so do you think he will do well to get through it ?
maybe you would rather not say :-)

ps i thought NS wanted his own man in ? ( i will refrain from using the word stooge. so offensive )
i do wonder if the present situation has been somewhat intentionally impacted on the club ( wink )

By stone ragma8/2 13:41Fri Feb 8 13:41:05 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 372

That was kind of the point I was trying to make re attendances and knowing the sort of figure you need and income you need to run the club, just didn’t make it very well

By boro447/2 17:24Thu Feb 7 17:24:57 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 631

Doesn’t one weeks takings have too last two weeks.

By joetowny (Joe)7/2 18:11Thu Feb 7 18:11:00 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 583

and, what is your point ?
ever since leagues were invented home and away has been the schedule
maybe we should play 42 home games and the rest 20 :-)

By Hullablue7/2 17:34Thu Feb 7 17:34:31 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 599

Hasn't that always been the case? Should be covered by "budgeting".

By stone ragma7/2 17:48Thu Feb 7 17:48:03 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 599

Interesting one that, NH set budget he wanted to achieve, says budget is now being met yet says he had to pay Jan wages himself and could well be problems with Feb wages

By Hullablue7/2 18:00Thu Feb 7 18:00:18 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 578

I think there were other factors too.
He may have hot one outgoings target, but hss he met others?
Has he hit income targets?

By stone ragma7/2 18:07Thu Feb 7 18:07:08 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 575

Good questions, logically one would think budget would be based on outgoings and income from attendance, sponsors, corporate etc, has he got his estimates wrong !!

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 18:27Thu Feb 7 18:27:37 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 535

Did he estimate or stick a finger in the air.

His method seemed to be "Look at me; I saved the club now come and help me finance it"

By Hullablue7/2 18:17Thu Feb 7 18:17:04 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 544

Maybe he just had not hit his targets.

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 18:28Thu Feb 7 18:28:04 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 544

What was points target again :)

By Hullablue7/2 18:31Thu Feb 7 18:31:16 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 535

But that wasn't based on what he thought we needed to stay up. It was just a number plucked out of the air ...

Oh. I see your point.

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 18:35Thu Feb 7 18:35:19 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 521

Thanks

So JG target is 20 points from 14 games. Always useful to have targets so you can measure success - Good luck Jimmy - You know what's expected

By stone ragma7/2 18:24Thu Feb 7 18:24:20 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 522

Interesting to know what sort of attendances he would need to cover all the outgoings

By Hullablue7/2 18:26Thu Feb 7 18:26:53 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 527

I doubt he has a figure for that as he is probably factoring other income streams.

By stone ragma7/2 18:30Thu Feb 7 18:30:26 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 528

Take your point about other income but might be a starting point if he did know what sort of attendances he currently would need

By Hullablue7/2 18:34Thu Feb 7 18:34:18 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

It isn't the attendance that is important, but the takings.

Getting 800 kids in at £1 each isn't as good as getting 75 adults in at £12.

Attendance is a red herring when it comes to budgeting.

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 18:39Thu Feb 7 18:39:16 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 517

Using simple maths

vs Curzon Ashton 915 * £5 = £4,575
vs Ashton United 655 * £12 = £7,860

Yes, the 260 extra may have spent elsewhere, but what's the margin?

By stone ragma7/2 18:37Thu Feb 7 18:37:30 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 519

Yes I understand that

By Hullablue7/2 18:43Thu Feb 7 18:43:54 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 520

Oh. Good.
Your question didn't give any clues to that.
Odd question if you understand that the attendance is a red herring.

By stone ragma7/2 18:50Thu Feb 7 18:50:59 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 524

Not really, it may not give the full picture but it gives an idea of where you need to be on attendances, as you rightly point out it is about income but doesn’t stop you having some idea of the kind of attendances you would require to try and achieve the income you need

Edited by stone ragma at 18:53:04 on 7th February 2019

By Hullablue7/2 19:15Thu Feb 7 19:15:14 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 497

But the attendance two weeks running could be identical but takings wildly different for far too many reasons to mention.

The attendance is not a reliable guide to what takings will be.

By stone ragma7/2 19:19Thu Feb 7 19:19:07 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 489

Eg: you want £10k income, you can work out how many £12 paying customers you need to achieve that figure, anyone paying £1 etc is a bonus, like I said you can have some idea of the attendance you need to achieve the income you want

By Hullablue7/2 19:25Thu Feb 7 19:25:35 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 489

But that doesn't work.
You can work out how many paying adults you want, but that isnt the attendance.
The attendance counts all season ticket holders that attend. That figure could fluctuate from match to match.
It includes comps too. That will fluctuate too.
It includes people paying several different amounts.
At least two matches this season the price for adults has been lower than normal.

Attendance. Is. Not. A. Reliable. Measure. Of. Takings.

By stone ragma7/2 19:41Thu Feb 7 19:41:20 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 478

You know how many season tickets you sold, you know how many comps you have given, you then know how many paying customers you need to achieve your required income,
Eg 100 season ticket holders
50 comp tickets
Need 700 paying customers to achieve your income taking into account your season tickets and comps, so you want an attendance of around 850, as I said you will have variables but you can still have an idea of the attendances you need

By Hullablue7/2 20:12Thu Feb 7 20:12:13 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 476

But what if 10% of season ticket holders don't urn up?
What if loads of kids for a quid show up,
Do you comp the same amount every match?
Will you expect the same for every match, or will you account for more or less attractive opponents, including ones with large followings?

Again, attendance is not a good indicator.

It is like a pub saying it needs 200 customers a day. What if they all have water? What if they all gave a meal eith wine?

Only a fool would set a budget with attendance rather than takings as a component.

By stone ragma7/2 20:24Thu Feb 7 20:24:25 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 456

A football club knows what it charges to get in , a restaurant doesn’t know what it’s customers will order so comparison not same.
Season ticket holders have already paid, and out of 100 yes there will be a few who don’t attend every game but most will and yes there will be some variance in comps but not many. I haven’t claimed you should know the attendance down to the very last person but you can have a good idea of how many you need to achieve your target income. If you don’t have targets how are you going to reach the income you need ?
I would bet most clubs at these levels base there budgets around what attendances they believe they can achieve, plus sponsors etc etc

By stone ragma7/2 20:32Thu Feb 7 20:32:30 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 460

I worked in sales, I had a weekly target income I needed to make, from that I could work out how many customers I needed to achieve that target, similar principles for a football club

By Hullablue7/2 21:33Thu Feb 7 21:33:10 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 444

What were you selling? Did you charge different prices depending on the age of the customer?

By mark-nbfc7/2 20:36Thu Feb 7 20:36:52 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 478

But a football clubs main income is not necessarily through attendances. It's based on a lot more than that including bar and food sales, other hospitality on the day and, primarily sponsorship.

---
https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

By stone ragma7/2 20:45Thu Feb 7 20:45:29 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 586

You need people to attend to buy all that food and drink, so back to knowing the sort of attendances you want to achieve

By MJNB7/2 23:16Thu Feb 7 23:16:00 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 411

Reading my local paper earlier, the Halifax chairman stated that only 46% of their income comes from direct matchday revenue.

They managed to make a six figure profit.

By mark-nbfc7/2 20:48Thu Feb 7 20:48:23 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 480

You've missed the bit about sponsorship/investment....

Sure the club make some money on entrance, food and drink but it's not the main factor in budgeting imo.

---

By stone ragma7/2 21:00Thu Feb 7 21:00:09 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 472

Why do we even need fans to pay then? Why is NH currently doing everything to attract more fans?

By Hullablue7/2 21:36Thu Feb 7 21:36:08 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 430

Because more fans spend more money.
But 200 18-45 year old blokes will spend more getting in than 200 12-17 year olds, and lots more behind the bar.

How many people are there is not a good indicator of revenue.

It simply isnt.

By mark-nbfc7/2 21:30Thu Feb 7 21:30:49 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 445

Because if you do boost the attendance to a certain level it does increase the money available to the club.

Oh and because football without fans means nothing :)

The more people coming into the ground and spending money means that the club can meet the matchday running costs.

---

By stone ragma7/2 21:32Thu Feb 7 21:32:50 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 443

So it does come back to what I said then, knowing the sort of attendances you need to achieve your desired income, basic business principles

By mark-nbfc7/2 21:33Thu Feb 7 21:33:42 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 448

It is part of the picture but not the main part IMO

---

By stone ragma7/2 21:45Thu Feb 7 21:45:54 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 436

Sorry but disagree

By mark-nbfc7/2 21:55Thu Feb 7 21:55:42 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 453

Thats fine.

I have no experience of running a football club or business. However I have previously seen matchday income and outgoing information, and had many conversations with people involved in running football clubs who have shared with me the major sources of income that they need to consider when budgeting.

---

By Hullablue7/2 21:59Thu Feb 7 21:59:08 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 456

This country is bored of experts.
We don't need people basing things on proof, evidence, fact and knowledge passed on from people who actually have first hand experience of what is being discussed.
We dont need your type here.

By mark-nbfc7/2 20:31Thu Feb 7 20:31:58 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 464

From previously seeing figures of match day income, I would imagine that there are hardly no clubs in our league who budget based on attendances. It will primarily budgeted on sponsorship and investment.

Too many variables in attendances as pointed out, and also need to take into consideration the costings of hosting a game along with the incomes through matchday income.

---

Edited by mark-nbfc at 20:32:23 on 7th February 2019

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 15:52Thu Feb 7 15:52:03 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 608

"because if it takes over a 700 average gate to input since H arrived + all the other add ons food / bar / corporate etc etc "

The margin is the key here and confess to having no-idea if increased/decreased/same.
I suspect income not increased (if at all).

Want to say again, no crisitsim of effort and enthusiasm but commercially it has to be financially viable.

I think the corporate for last home game was cheaper than entry + burger + program.

By catch227/2 15:25Thu Feb 7 15:25:08 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 627

Whatever it is just doesn't seem to be enough. Like you say 700 fans , corporate full ,the bar on match days is packed , fans are turning up to watch absolute dross and we still can't compete .

By joetowny (Joe)7/2 15:51Thu Feb 7 15:51:14 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 603

lets be honest on this one im not even talking about whether we can compete or not
its obvious under the present regime we cant
but thats not the point im making is it
im asking why according to some we cant afford to exist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! under these circumstances
something just doesn't sit right with me
ok maybe im wrong
but i go back to the point in question
a)what is the income ?
b) what is the expenditure ?
if its b that is the greater who is being paid to cause this situation
it cant be any simpler can it
i run my affairs in the black if i did not i would soon sort out why.

By stone ragma7/2 16:17Thu Feb 7 16:17:47 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 645

Are we paying too many outstanding debts from previous regime?

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 18:23Thu Feb 7 18:23:23 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 515

Dunno.

Guessing the HMRC was for 2017/18.

Dont forget; club now have to pay for using the ground (£10,000 or £20,000pa ???)

The budget given in the summer (by who??) is draining finances.

By Hullablue7/2 18:26Thu Feb 7 18:26:05 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 515

It has been said the HMRC issue is linked to the lack of payroll for this season, hence players being taxed lots last month.

By joetowny (Joe)7/2 18:02Thu Feb 7 18:02:41 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 537

i dont know Davey .......do you ?
thats what im asking
is this the case ?
if so why not just come out and say so.............or have i missed the statement
and when you say previous regime do you mean post thorn ??

By stone ragma7/2 18:08Thu Feb 7 18:08:30 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 542

Don’t know Joe, was wondering if there were unpaid depts from Thorn regime!

By Hullablue7/2 18:17Thu Feb 7 18:17:36 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Yes, loads.
Even debts NS said he had cleared.

By Hullablue7/2 16:36Thu Feb 7 16:36:56 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 603

Of course not, NS paid them all off ....

By stone ragma7/2 16:44Thu Feb 7 16:44:51 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 613

😊

By Hullablue7/2 16:49Thu Feb 7 16:49:43 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 587

Well, he said he did.
Could be he was talking total bollocks.

By stone ragma7/2 16:59Thu Feb 7 16:59:43 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 569

My bet on the bollocks

By Hullablue7/2 17:33Thu Feb 7 17:33:37 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 567

Safe bet.

By boropod (BoroughPod)7/2 16:03Thu Feb 7 16:03:53 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 587

The club has no assets (i dont think any of the current contracted players will command a fee if sold or they would have gone). The club is trading insolvent IMO from what I read on all the forums/twitter and from what NH has said in the bar.

"The worst Boro team ever"

By almost average 27/2 15:33Thu Feb 7 15:33:20 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 617

Without a large cash injection from an outside source i just don't see an answer . We appear to have bills we can't just duck . We're paying minimum wages and the fans are supporting the club , yet it isn't enough .

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 15:54Thu Feb 7 15:54:10 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 624

I have always said that if Boro are to be self sufficient then (mid) SL-Central is the absolute best level that can be expected.
Given current plight, then that will be a pipe-dream.

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 11:21Thu Feb 7 11:21:05 2019In response to Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 787

That I believe was a plan last October.

I am not sure its as simple as that.
I believe budgets have to be passed through the league for approval. I have no evidence deduction/fines may happen but I have a feeling there is.

I also suspect the non-contract players are on next-to-nothing now and joined Boro' not for the money but the chance of playing at a club like Nuneaton in the conf-north.

Asside............
My uncle used to do Poole Town match reports.
They knew they were screwed so set the target of not getting any fines during the season.
They played kids from local schools. On game they found a problem in the car park - They didn't have enough players who could drive to get a team to the away game!!!

They did get a gate of 900 - Sky was there; "they think its all over" commentator was there. If they lost they would have set a record.......... they got a 0-0 and did a lap of honour; The only point of the season.

EDIT
Poole Town troubles were caused by being shafted by the ground owner.

Edited by VS Boro at 11:23:28 on 7th February 2019

By bert's dad7/2 12:37Thu Feb 7 12:37:30 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 715

Agree think we are already paying very low wages plus loan players. Biggest problem seems to be covering long term debts especially tax. Think NH is hoping for short-term sponsorship to help pay monthly debts. One solution for extra help might be to bring back Vice Presidents who, I believe, often contributed to funds as well as paying an annual fee to be a Vice President.

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 13:00Thu Feb 7 13:00:02 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 695

You can start many initiatives as you like, but its getting people to buy into it.

A plan would help.

By stone ragma7/2 11:25Thu Feb 7 11:25:22 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 770

Didn’t Merthyr do similar for a short while last season or season before and got hammered for a few games

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 11:32Thu Feb 7 11:32:36 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 757

Yes; I think they had no choice. Maybe due to no player insurance or something like that.
IIRC they were 9-0 down at half time and it ended 10-0.

By stone ragma7/2 11:19Thu Feb 7 11:19:50 2019In response to Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 763

Playing kids may impact attendances though and club end up loosing more money

By apb7/2 12:05Thu Feb 7 12:05:46 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 744

Therein lies the dilemma & i guess it's down to personal choice at the end of the day. Currently i'm prepared to turn up when I can as although we're getting beat regularly, those on the pitch are by & large putting in a decent effort in trying circumstances. I can see the argument too in just playing 'kids' but if we went down that route & started getting seriously tanked every week then I simply just wouldn't go at all.

On checking, I've only just realised that excluding the BSC the last Boro victory i actually witnessed was last April v York!! & yet i keep going like a fool! ;-)

By stone ragma7/2 13:35Thu Feb 7 13:35:09 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 672

At the minute yes we are getting beat but not getting hammered and fans are still turning up, if we played kids and were getting beat five or six every week I doubt many would turn up so club could end up loosing more than they save playing kids

By Arseface7/2 12:23Thu Feb 7 12:23:13 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 756

wouldn't really be fair on the other teams would it.
Can't imagine Hereford would be happy they had to play a 'full strength' Boro team and get a draw, whereas FCUM could play against a load of kids and win 6-0. Could be the difference between who stays up and who doesn't.

Edited by Arseface at 12:23:28 on 7th February 2019

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 13:02Thu Feb 7 13:02:31 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 697

I totally agree from a moral side (and the side I would take), BUT there is an argument that its not boro's problem/concern.

By MJNB7/2 12:36Thu Feb 7 12:36:29 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 729

It’s a fair point is that, yeah.

By Hullablue7/2 13:09Thu Feb 7 13:09:39 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 711

Fuck fcum.

And Herethug.

I seriously couldn't care how us doing stuff to secure our future impacts either of those showers of shit with arrogant fans.

Edited by Hullablue at 13:33:07 on 7th February 2019

By Arseface7/2 13:42Thu Feb 7 13:42:44 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 686

they were an example. Could be Curzon only getting a +2 goal difference or FCUM getting a +6.
Could be Chorley only winning 1-0 against a full team and Stockport winning 6-0 against kids and winning the league by 2 goals.
its all morally wrong as far as i am concerned.

By Hullablue7/2 14:55Thu Feb 7 14:55:15 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 644

If I had the choice between playing our current team till the end of the season and going bust, or playing amateurs and not going bust, I am playing centre mid at Blyth...

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 15:56Thu Feb 7 15:56:29 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 608

so that's two shirts allocated then.

By Hullablue7/2 16:36Thu Feb 7 16:36:04 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 591

Ouch. A fat gag!!

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 18:20Thu Feb 7 18:20:55 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 514

Not at all

What made you think that?

Sorry

I just think your ability means thats two places (shirts) taken for :)

By almost average 27/2 15:24Thu Feb 7 15:24:42 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 640

What Moley suggests is what i said would happen in an ideal world in a thread a couple of days ago , but i don't think it would work for two reasons . I believe apart from the players on contracts the rest are on next to nothing anyway . As others have said carrying on as we are we will probably stay above 500 till the end of the season , do what's suggested and i would imagine we will be struggling to stay above 300 with half of those being ST holders . Any savings on wages , which would be small would be counterbalanced by lose in income . The other problem is who would be get ? we have no youth team and playing at this level takes a lot of time and commitment . For example we're going to have a mid week trip to Chorley . This will probably mean players taking half a day off work and not getting back till the early hours . One thing to ask people to do this for £100 say , but for nothing ? I really don't think it's doable at this level .
On a plus point anyone else noticed we have Stockport at home last game and how well there going . We could really do with them needing points to clinch the championship from that game , i reckon the record attendance v Luton would go .

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/2 16:00Thu Feb 7 16:00:54 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 604

"One thing to ask people to do this for £100 say , but for nothing ? I really don't think it's doable at this level . "

"save the club" idea has been raised on here and FaceBook.

I know each case different, but its far easier to say "I will pay" than "here is my cash".

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/conference-north-step-two/17868/afc-telford-united-consider-their-options-after-disappointing-share-offer-uptake/

By Lord of the Manor7/2 15:23Thu Feb 7 15:23:42 2019In response to Re: Nil budgetTop of thread

Views: 642

Not as silly as it seems ....
I'm sure there's even 1 or 2 I guess who would pay to play for the Boro ????

Previous thread: A date for your diary by VS Town7/2 11:57Thu Feb 7 11:57:09 2019view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.