ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Highlights by nil desperandumToday 13:26Today at 13:26:55view thread

Oldest article: Ladies and girls teams... by CNN8/2 15:19Fri Feb 8 15:19:32 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Squad News... by CNN14/2 16:27Thu Feb 14 16:27:08 2019view thread

On a lighter note. (remember those days?)

By Unnamed Sauce13/2 14:46Wed Feb 13 14:46:32 2019

Views: 869

Gustavus said (of Hawkins) elsewhere today:

Of all the bizarre Mavericks involved with the Boro over the years he is right up there!

Which got me thinking . A good fundraiser would be a charity match. Mavericks v. Oddballs? Competing for the Bullshit Trophy. (Let's be brutally honest-it would carry more prestige than the BSC).

Mavericks Squad:
Smurthwaite, Hawklns, Neale, Kelly,Kerry, Thorn,Ashby, Wilson, Riche,Brown(I),Daish,Wright,T, Lewer, Prince

Oddballs Squad: ...c'mon...fill in the gaps..who else has had a hand in f*****g up the Boro over the years?

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?)

By Gustavus13/2 18:44Wed Feb 13 18:44:16 2019In response to On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 577

He’s been Nuneaton’s own Comical Ali for an unfortunately too brief period.

How we will all miss the tick boxes!

By Hullablue13/2 15:40Wed Feb 13 15:40:18 2019In response to On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 637

We could split them into shameless bullshitters and hopeless over-optimistics.

Despite saying stuff that was not true, and omitting things on purpose, I would put Hawkins in the over-optimism pile, and NS on the other team.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By stone ragma13/2 14:56Wed Feb 13 14:56:18 2019In response to On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 656

Shooter has to be in there somewhere

By Dougie813/2 14:56Wed Feb 13 14:56:17 2019In response to On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 641

Joe Shooter

By WCB (NTFC) (WCB)13/2 14:49Wed Feb 13 14:49:17 2019In response to On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 657

Cliar Finnigan?

------------------------------------------------------
Boro Exile

1 person likes this 1 person

By Hullablue13/2 14:57Wed Feb 13 14:57:33 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 629

Liar Spinagain

By Dougie813/2 15:01Wed Feb 13 15:01:00 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 647

Phil Clayton Ted Stocker and the rest of the clowns who were in charge in 2008 when we had no money after selling the ground and the Middlesborough cup run.

By stone ragma13/2 15:02Wed Feb 13 15:02:55 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 621

🤔hadn’t Clayton gone before then!

By Dougie813/2 15:21Wed Feb 13 15:21:07 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 594

Maybe. But I mentioned him along side those clowns not as part of them.

By MJNB13/2 15:07Wed Feb 13 15:07:24 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 599

Way, way before.

Stanford and co when we went bust

By bert's dad13/2 15:58Wed Feb 13 15:58:53 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 558

To be fair Stadiasafe did well until different directors left at different times. Not sure if Kerry and Clayton were ever replaced. Also think they got a bit too big for their boots once we won promotion to the Conference. Who paid for the new Rovers?

By joetowny (Joe)13/2 15:27Wed Feb 13 15:27:23 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 597

yep fraid so
remember the 500k Bloors sponsorship deal ? that unless ive got it wrong was costed against the MP sale price as a loan !
Christie monies, third round of the fa cup, ground sale = bust.
sorry gents but not how to run a non league club.
lets hope IF we get through this present debacle lessons have been well and truly learnt.
dreams out realism in
ps im thinking that somewhere along the line the cup run saved us from liquidation ????
any truths in that one ?

By Hullablue13/2 15:33Wed Feb 13 15:33:08 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 571

I was told by a person very closely involved that if we had lost to Histon, we would have gone bust the next day.

The deal for sponsorship with Bloors was no where near that amount, and a huge amount of the money for the ground sale disappeared in rent, effectively but it may have a different name legally, payable to Blooms between completion of deal and us moving out, which was bloody ages because we were run by a feck get crown crew, and not for the first or last time.

By joetowny (Joe)13/2 15:42Wed Feb 13 15:42:56 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 576

MC money + Boro 3rd rd. i was told by someone on the inside that a million quid would not stop us going tits up
to say i was gobsmacked is an understatement to say the least
i was naive enough to dispel those words at the time as fantasy politics kicking in.

ps the Bloors sponsorship amount was what i believe was quoted at the time in the local rag
as the club made a big splash over the so called deal.
if im wrong ok im wrong

Edited by Joe at 17:30:54 on 13th February 2019

By Hullablue13/2 17:36Wed Feb 13 17:36:53 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 477

It may have been what was quoted but no money changed hands, and only a small amount knocked off what we owed them.
And iirc a leading member of the supporters club backed the club on cwr for going back on its word to fans over stripes.

By Wotnostrikers13/2 15:20Wed Feb 13 15:20:43 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 572

Any of the labour councillors who went on their fact finding walkabout at Eliot Park and deemed it “ too dangerous “ then consequently allowed half a dozen car showrooms to spring up.

By MJNB13/2 15:58Wed Feb 13 15:58:29 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 545

Still wish we’d moved to Jubilee

By Hullablue13/2 15:59Wed Feb 13 15:59:33 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 565

Oh behave. What excuse would the Camp Hill/Ford massive have for not going matches then?

By joetowny (Joe)13/2 15:29Wed Feb 13 15:29:03 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 587

there was one little shit who i could name who hated us.

By Wotnostrikers13/2 15:30Wed Feb 13 15:30:05 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 576

Go on name him.

By joetowny (Joe)13/2 15:32Wed Feb 13 15:32:35 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 574

no it might be you :-)

the clue is in the post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Joe at 15:34:24 on 13th February 2019

By MJNB13/2 15:42Wed Feb 13 15:42:19 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 561

Dennis Harvey!

By stone ragma13/2 15:49Wed Feb 13 15:49:03 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 562

Had him as a teacher at HL couldn’t stand him then either

By MJNB13/2 15:58Wed Feb 13 15:58:00 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 538

Likewise.

By joetowny (Joe)13/2 15:48Wed Feb 13 15:48:08 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 570

NAH ....... the bloke i know i confronted him
i told him to his face what i thought
he just shrugged and walked away with no answer
hence guilty as fuck in my book....his face spoke volumes

ps approx 25 yrs ago we were in the same club
he was a know all prick then......nothing ever changed as far as i remember him

Edited by Joe at 16:05:19 on 13th February 2019

By Dougie813/2 16:49Wed Feb 13 16:49:49 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 534

Was he a postman in the day.

By joetowny (Joe)13/2 17:22Wed Feb 13 17:22:00 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 501

maybe :-)

By boropod (BoroughPod)13/2 15:49Wed Feb 13 15:49:58 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 562

Howard Kerry

"The worst Boro team ever"

Good calls all

By Unnamed Sauce13/2 20:45Wed Feb 13 20:45:03 2019In response to Re: On a lighter note. (remember those days?) Top of thread

Views: 502

I was sure I'd added Shooter and Finnegan already, but evidently not. Other than Bill Olner (who was an NBST member and also supported a couple of initiatives), none of the local politicians have ever got seriously involved except to block conspire and connive. So they'd all qualify I guess. I accept Stanford and Clayton have a claim. Stanford at least turned up to home games after he left the Board but neither were blessed with massive vision.

Then there was also a local journalist who pretended to be pro Boro but who censored and edited all the NBST Press releases we sent him. He ended up barred from MP. I actually saw him celebrate when we got knocked out of the playoffs. He was lurking outside beyond the turnstiles. Utter twat.

When you come to total it up we certainly have been cursed by more than a fair number of unimaginative idiots. Like moths to a flame or flies round a cowpat they gather. Lord save us and lift the Boro Curse!

Re: Good calls all

By stone ragma13/2 21:02Wed Feb 13 21:02:34 2019In response to Good calls all Top of thread

Views: 567

Stanford still does

By Hullablue13/2 20:48Wed Feb 13 20:48:28 2019In response to Good calls all Top of thread

Views: 498

On the contrary, some of our idiots have been very imaginative, to put it kindly.

By VS Town (VS Boro)13/2 20:48Wed Feb 13 20:48:26 2019In response to Good calls all Top of thread

Views: 496

Dave “yer know” Riche.

Previous thread: Hawkins steps down by Hullablue12/2 18:03Tue Feb 12 18:03:08 2019view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.