ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Update by From Town To TownToday 13:34Today at 13:34:32view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator14/2/2015 11:54Sat Feb 14 11:54:00 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro Legends vs Jimmy Ginnelly's Allstars… by CNN25/2 15:45Mon Feb 25 15:45:04 2019view thread

Just Giving / Crowdfunding.

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/2 09:15Thu Feb 21 09:15:30 2019

Views: 2921

I thought I would share this.

Personally I would rather donate money to the coop for several reasons BUT each to their own.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/simon-moore-5?utm_term=vrr6VDMRW

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.

By MJNB23/2 18:26Sat Feb 23 18:26:43 2019In response to Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 892

Met the fella who set this up today.

As genuine as they come, no agenda, just wanting to do his best.

Top bloke.

By VS Town (VS Boro)24/2 10:18Sun Feb 24 10:18:26 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 743

I don’t think/hope anyone questioned the motives; just think more info needed from the club.

1 person likes this 1 person

By almost average 224/2 11:16Sun Feb 24 11:16:59 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 748

Surly we know the situation without being told every single detail . Without an influx of money we probably face going bust , or becoming a shadow of our former selves at best . Seems to me that's the situation it's then upto us weather we give money or not . Give or don't it's up to you .

By joetowny (Joe)23/2 20:03Sat Feb 23 20:03:20 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 823

who/where do you hand cash over to ?

By animal24/2 14:12Sun Feb 24 14:12:26 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 693

I will pm you the bank account number and sort code Joe😎

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

By joetowny (Joe)25/2 09:38Mon Feb 25 09:38:33 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 654

have made a donation
any initiative i believe deserves our support
LBH here if we as fans cant help
how can we expect others to do so
yes you can argue the pro's and cons
but we have two choices
do you want a club or not...there is no grey area

3 people like this 3 people

By BalhamBoro (GeordieBoro)25/2 10:31Mon Feb 25 10:31:41 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 636

spot on Joe

By joetowny (Joe)25/2 12:07Mon Feb 25 12:07:46 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 633

there's a first for everyone
LBH ive been trying long enough eh ! ;-)

By mark-nbfc24/2 10:45Sun Feb 24 10:45:34 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 768

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/simon-moore-5?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socpledgedesktop&utm_content=simon-moore-5&utm_campaign=post-pledge-desktop&utm_term=AeXBAXz5x

---
https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

By almost average 221/2 15:33Thu Feb 21 15:33:11 2019In response to Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1524

Why thou ? If the club goes bump the co op become redundant . Putting money into the co op isn't going to save the club .
note i can fully understand fans paying nothing if that's what they prefer .

By joetowny (Joe)21/2 11:04Thu Feb 21 11:04:30 2019In response to Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1610

im still in the wings
what exactly is the position of the club
by that i mean how is the seven investors talked about progressing.
will they clear the immediate debts ?
think there are several ways to support the club
setting up a fund as above
blanket collections
corporate
buying say a five year season ticket ( insert own donation )
or even getting a group together to form a share group ie ten fans say at a 1000 a piece.
whatever your level imagine it would be welcome short term
but i stress again where exactly are we in terms of the future existence of the club ??
because no one wants to chuck money down the drain.
the above might appear a somewhat simplistic analysis of a situation
but what situation ? as of now do we know what is actually required
are we a dead duck or not ?
thats all i ask
cheers.

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/2 11:13Thu Feb 21 11:13:52 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1564

but i stress again where exactly are we in terms of the future existence of the club ??

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Whilst things have changed and no one wants the club to fold Telford United fans decided the best use of funds was to start again than chase debts.

By Brucey21/2 22:11Thu Feb 21 22:11:40 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1237

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Whilst things have changed and no one wants the club to fold Telford United fans decided the best use of funds was to start again than chase debts.

If anyone can answer the question of where we'd play, I'd be inclined to agree. As it stands now, the Boro would not be playing at

a)Liberty Way
b) The Pingles.

Both of those options wouldn't exist. If we go pop now, there is no starting again. There is just the end.

Edited by Brucey at 22:12:58 on 21st February 2019

By VS Town (VS Boro)22/2 07:59Fri Feb 22 07:59:14 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1175

There was much support for starting afresh last summer.

I certainly don't recall it being dismissed out of hand (not saying a solution would exist) and situation change (as having just read report from forum goes to show).

I am not saying I would want the club to reform lower or what other may (or may not) want, but there was support.

As for location. Many clubs have been forced to play outside their preferred area and have eventually moved back. Again, not saying that is something I would support OR other would.

Irrespective - Throwing money at something that will fail is not a good option IMO.
At least doing it via the coop has some safe guards (and I would hope something in return).
Put it this way - If this petition reaches £5000, thats 50% of what the club are asking people so they can be board members. You cant keep asking the same people to hand over cash.

Will say it again - good luck to those who set this up and have contributed

By Hullablue22/2 08:35Fri Feb 22 08:35:48 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1161

The people who support reforming, I feel, have either misunderstood the implications of what it means or have a vested interest.

There is widespread public support for the reintroduction of the death penalty, that doesn't mean it is a good idea.

I would rather keep this club going now if we can. And I will do all I can to help do that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By VS Town (VS Boro)22/2 09:20Fri Feb 22 09:20:51 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1139

I would put myself (as today) as one who says "that's it if reformed again" (irrespective of anything).

However, that may be the only option and some may decide to battle on.

Agree about the comment "support of something does not mean its a good idea" which brings me to ...... ;)

By almost average 222/2 10:15Fri Feb 22 10:15:31 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1140

Not sure how i'll react to a new club if it was to happen , but i definitely fall into the everything should be done to keep the current club running and playing at LW thinking .
I can cope with watching lower level football , even though i don't really want it for us , but playing outside the town particularly significantly might be a step too far for me .
We've already lost the respect of large sections of the town , we simply can't keep folding and restarting the club every ten years or so .

By VS Town (VS Boro)22/2 12:21Fri Feb 22 12:21:42 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1150

Likewise. Thing is - Thats what I do most saturdays in the winter.

Plenty of examples (as of today) of exiles coming back and doing okay (eg Scarborough, Maidstone, Dartford?, Leamington, Kettering, Wealdstone, Poole) but also the opposite (Worcester, Runcorn, Northwich, Enfield, Hinckley).

Given history of Boro I really see boro falling into the 2nd category.

By VS Town (VS Boro)22/2 10:30Fri Feb 22 10:30:24 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1109

The thing with LW is the Smurf factor (good move by IN to separate the entities.... NOT).

No one really knows what would happen if the football club went bust.
It could mean that Smurf owns land, but without any income.
1) Could he sell it for commercial development?
2) Could he rent it for commercial use?
3) Could be bring CCFC down? - I cant see that other than perhaps a training base.
4) Could he lease to the Nuns? - Might they sub-let to a new football club.
5) Could he lease to the Nuns and a new football club?
6) Could he sell to the Nuns?

I am all for trying to save what we have, but there has to be joined-up-thinking and IMO that has to involve supporter group active involvement. (my mothers favourite quote) "No use flooging a dead horse".

Edited by VS Boro at 10:30:37 on 22nd February 2019

By almost average 222/2 10:47Fri Feb 22 10:47:22 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1114

It has certainly been mentioned that Cov could sell Ryton then use LW as a training base . Could also be used to stage their academy games etc . Hard to see how they could use it to play at ( first team ) due to changes in the league rules . They would also need to sort the nuns situation .

By boropod (BoroughPod)22/2 15:33Fri Feb 22 15:33:40 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1042

They cant even use LW as a training base as we ( Smurf) dont have land.
We have a pitch and a bit over the river not even the size of a football pitch. Nuns however have loads of land they could sell to Cov.

"The worst Boro team ever"

Edited by BoroughPod at 15:34:40 on 22nd February 2019

By Hullablue22/2 15:40Fri Feb 22 15:40:20 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1043

Yeah, that pitch bit would be the bit he means.

By boropod (BoroughPod)22/2 15:42Fri Feb 22 15:42:12 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1023

Think a training base needs more than 1 pitch though.

By Hullablue22/2 15:44Fri Feb 22 15:44:18 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1022

Not really.
He has enough land there to host a league one club's training needs.

He could do with getting rid of his tenants first though.

By boropod (BoroughPod)22/2 15:51Fri Feb 22 15:51:57 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1020

Sorry but where is this land, as you know something I dont.
As far as i know he has the land the ground and the stands is on. The car park behind the home end and the bit over the river on the stand side. One pitch.

Edited by BoroughPod at 15:55:41 on 22nd February 2019

By Hullablue22/2 16:03Fri Feb 22 16:03:52 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1051

And the bit between ground and river.
How much space do you think a league One team needs to train on?

Edited by Hullablue at 17:24:48 on 22nd February 2019

By VS Town (VS Boro)22/2 18:03Fri Feb 22 18:03:35 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 961

It’s not just the first team though

They probs have a squad of 25 and then the youth and acadamy teams

By Hullablue22/2 18:13Fri Feb 22 18:13:35 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 951

I am aware of that.
I'm also aware they could be very skint very soon.
Also, no reason why different squads cannot train st different times.

By Gustavus22/2 16:49Fri Feb 22 16:49:44 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1031

8 acres according to the planning application to Rugby Borough Council

By Hullablue22/2 17:25Fri Feb 22 17:25:22 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 969

That is what they want, not the minimum they need.

By Gustavus22/2 17:37Fri Feb 22 17:37:34 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 961

Wasn’t the way I read the conditions imposed by Rugby Council and Sport England.

By Hullablue22/2 17:40Fri Feb 22 17:40:03 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 970

So not the needs of Cov City then, but others?

My understanding is that the land owned by NS would be big enough for training and academy matches. Maybe no need for the covered terraces, or a pitch big enough to play rugby on.

By Gustavus22/2 17:42Fri Feb 22 17:42:59 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 981

“Implementation of site allocation DS3.97 can only occur when adequate replacement of the pitch provision and training facility has been made to the satisfaction of Rugby Borough Council and Sport England and in accordance with national planning policy.”

“CCFC have secured an option to purchase land to develop a new state of the art training ground, on a site which is significantly larger than the current eight-acre one at Ryton.

“Training facilities for the first team and under 23s will be significantly improved, providing an elite environment for players and staff for many years to come – including changing rooms, gym, kitchens, dining room, laundry, offices and other facilities.”

This has all been passed by the National Plannig Inspector so I don’t see the loophole.

By Hullablue22/2 17:46Fri Feb 22 17:46:59 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 970

Not sure how that will be applicable to redevelopment of LW.

Where is the land they have an option on? What is it used for at the moment?

Not looking for a loophole, just downgrading when they get shafted totally by Wasps and can no longer afford this.

By Gustavus22/2 18:13Fri Feb 22 18:13:30 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 959

It doesn’t relate to LW it relates to Ryton.

The only way they get planning permission to build houses in a green belt site is if they buy a more advanced and larger than 8 acre site elsewhere.

Cov city say they have a secret site lined up.

It is part of Rugby Borough Plan and therefore had to be approved by the Nationals planning Inspector. There is no wiggle room.

LW is approx 5 acres so it can’t be there unless something changes

Oh and the new training ground site has to be built before the old one developed.

Edited by Gustavus at 18:14:12 on 22nd February 2019
Edited by Gustavus at 18:15:39 on 22nd February 2019

By Hullablue22/2 18:15Fri Feb 22 18:15:47 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 944

That really isn't how that reads to me. I suppose I need more context.
Liberty Way is also not in Rugby Borough Council area, and Nuneaton doesn't have a Borough Plan.

Edited by Hullablue at 18:17:07 on 22nd February 2019

By Gustavus22/2 18:19Fri Feb 22 18:19:50 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 942

Sorry you’ve lost me now

Nuneaton does have a Borough plan but that’s irrelevant to this discussion.

CCFC want to sell Ryton to be developed for housing. To do so they have had to give a series of assurances to Rugby Borough council subsequently approved by the national planning inspector.

They can only develop Ryton once Rugby Council and Sport England are satisfied they have an alternative site which is larger and more advanced. As part of the plannig submission CCFC confidentially submitted a site which clearly cannot be LW.

By Hullablue22/2 18:31Fri Feb 22 18:31:24 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 943

I really thought Nuneaton had not had its Borough Plsn submitted.

I know CCFC claim they have a site in Rugby, but I am pointing out they may need to downsize significantly if they end up paying Wasos a fortune more to play st Ricoh.

I am unsure why they have to go somewhere bigger within the council area. It is not as of Ryton training ground is a community asset, used by the public.

Oh and lots of planning decisions get overturned on appeal, so conditions imposed by a council are not always the final outcome.

By VS Town (VS Boro)22/2 18:46Fri Feb 22 18:46:59 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1245

I believe Ryton is in rugby

Brandon certainly is, as is everything that side of cov bypass near B&Q

I think that’s why rugby council mentioned

Edited by VS Boro at 18:48:22 on 22nd February 2019

By Hullablue22/2 18:56Fri Feb 22 18:56:18 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 905

I know Ryton is in Rugby Borough Council area.

By Gustavus22/2 18:44Fri Feb 22 18:44:30 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 942

Confused again.

There is nothing to suggest their new training ground will be in Rugby. But following national planing guidelines they have to find a bigger and better site elsewhere to the satisfaction of Rugby Borough council and Sport England. This will be because they are selling off green belt land used for sport.

It could be in Nuneaton but the present stadium land at LW is not big enough.

Appeals and Consultation are now long gone and the national planning inspector has approved as part of Rugby's Borough Plan.

They cant develop Ryton for housing until the new site is developed - wherever that is.

By Hullablue22/2 18:58Fri Feb 22 18:58:11 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 919

Hmmm.
I am.not sure that is totally accurate.
But thanks any way it is a lot clearer now.

By Gustavus22/2 18:59Fri Feb 22 18:59:45 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 928

I think you are confused.

What isn't accurate?

All the above is in the public domain.

By Hullablue22/2 19:08Fri Feb 22 19:08:26 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 925

What a council says and what ends up happening are not always the same, public domain or not.

By Gustavus22/2 19:19Fri Feb 22 19:19:55 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 917

So nothing was inaccurate then?

You are sceptical about process.

By Hullablue22/2 19:39Fri Feb 22 19:39:55 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 944

"Appeals and Consultation are now long gone"

That.
I doubt that will be the final discussion on this planning application.

By Pommie22/2 18:33Fri Feb 22 18:33:10 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 956

Nuneaton does not have a plan due to the idiots in charge 12 years and counting

By Hullablue22/2 18:34Fri Feb 22 18:34:55 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 985

https://www.nuneatonandbedworth.gov.uk/info/21014/planning_policy/146/borough_plan_information

By Pommie22/2 19:06Fri Feb 22 19:06:37 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 975

Anyone who thinks it will be passed by the inspector by this spring is suffering a serious delusion !
We have no plan thats why houses are being chucked up all over the place.

By The Silverback22/2 21:40Fri Feb 22 21:40:26 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 956

Yes, spot on there, the Borough Plan is now over four years late due to the incompetence of the Labour run Borough Council. It was first proposed with a public consultation in June 2009, then the plan was to be adopted and put in place by January 2015. Four years late and counting! The planning department is a shambles.
It's now a free-for-all for housing developers on the North and East side of Nuneaton with no plan in place.

I've just heard another large housing estate (370 homes) is starting in April/May on the land between the Crem and the Crows Nest pub, off Eastboro Way
And another big development has just started at the top of Higham Lane, between Milby Drive and the A5.

By joetowny (Joe)23/2 08:00Sat Feb 23 08:00:41 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 889

yep, over the last few years getting " anywhere "
has become a nightmare.
at times it has been gridlock
the wording a prisoner in your own home has sprung to mind more than once
all these 1000's of new houses are being thrown up without the slightest regard given to
traffic volume, access and exit, schools, doctors, etc
just build them then worry about the consequences is the order of the day
how much the county council are to blame is up for grabs.
we are being trodden slowly underfoot with scant regard by whoever.
even the installing of traffic lights on the longshoot originally timed as a three week job......took SIX months !
to install.....thats progress for you eh !!!!!!!!
rant over..... best of luck at york today boys

By VS Town (VS Boro)23/2 09:37Sat Feb 23 09:37:27 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 864

It’s a central government initiative to build new houses. How that effects local councils I do not know.

I just hope these are not snapped up by private landlords who will make a nice little earner in rent, inflate prices that make it harder for first time buyers.

By boropod (BoroughPod)23/2 11:41Sat Feb 23 11:41:31 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 917

One could argue that some private landlords do a good job buying and renovating previously uninhabitable properties to a good standard then renting to people that really dont want a mortgage. Win Win :)

By Lord of the Manor23/2 17:13Sat Feb 23 17:13:38 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 773

I think VS was on about new builds ...
I can't see many landlords forking out 300/400/500k on a new build and renting it

By VS Town (VS Boro)23/2 18:24Sat Feb 23 18:24:41 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 736

I think with new builds there has to be a certain amount of “affordable housing” which I believe private land lords snap up.

By Lord of the Manor23/2 18:33Sat Feb 23 18:33:37 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 728

Correct me if I'm wrong
152k cheapest on camp hill ...
262 Weddington.
280k long shoot.

I really don't see landlords buying at these prices.
If it's housing association landlords can't buy ..

Most landlords will go for older cheaper houses not new builds

By VS Town (VS Boro)23/2 19:29Sat Feb 23 19:29:37 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 719

Whilst not new new - someone bought mine to rent out ——- then pulled out to buy same that was opposite for a bit less

By boropod (BoroughPod)23/2 17:16Sat Feb 23 17:16:56 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 795

yes I really need to read the relevant post

By Lord of the Manor23/2 11:13Sat Feb 23 11:13:16 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 814

I don't think many ( if any ) first time buyers will have that kind money to buy em ...

It's a good job a private landlord didn't buy the ground and rent it out for a nice little earner then 🤔

By joetowny (Joe)22/2 19:24Fri Feb 22 19:24:25 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 963

tell me about it
how to clinically fuck up one end of a town to match the others

ps if you disagree having lived in my house since new, purchasing it in nov 64....your wrong... end of :-)

Edited by Joe at 19:28:26 on 22nd February 2019

By Hullablue22/2 19:12Fri Feb 22 19:12:49 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 928

Yup.
Almost as if what councils say will happen doesn't always happen.

By boropod (BoroughPod)22/2 16:18Fri Feb 22 16:18:11 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1033

Several football pitches are what Cov need. End of!

By Hullablue22/2 17:21Fri Feb 22 17:21:53 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 959

Fact or guess?

And you were wrong about it being the end, sorry ;-)

Edited by Hullablue at 17:22:41 on 22nd February 2019

By bert's dad22/2 08:37Fri Feb 22 08:37:41 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1125

I think the death penalty for relegation might be a little excessive

By Wotnostrikers22/2 06:39Fri Feb 22 06:39:35 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1171

Ok people of Nuneaton we want you to save the “Boro” they play at Liberty Way which is owned by some bloke from Port Vale who can’t put his own money in, there is an entity called Boro Leisure and another called Boro Stadiums in the mix.
Not sure who owns the actual club we want you to save and have not got a clue how much it will take because the debts range from a few grand to over a hundred thousand depending who you can get to speak to.
We are bottom of the league and all but relegated and couldn’t tell you with all honesty if we are still in existence next season if we would start with a large points deduction because going into administration is a distinct possibility.
Now how much cash do you want to chuck in ?

By almost average 222/2 10:50Fri Feb 22 10:50:37 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1102

I do wonder how many fans who want to go down the reform route will still be watching the club when / if three years down the line we're playing in the Midland League at somewhere like Leicester Road .

By boropod (BoroughPod)22/2 15:29Fri Feb 22 15:29:55 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 995

Not me

Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding. It’s up to the individual

By bert's dad22/2 08:36Fri Feb 22 08:36:38 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1130

There’s plenty of reasons not to contribute but I recognise all that Jimmy Ginnelly is trying to do and every little helps. That’s why I contributed and will support the Co-op.

Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding. It’s up to the individual

By blueandwhitemad22/2 08:42Fri Feb 22 08:42:55 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding. It’s up to the individual Top of thread

Views: 1117

Well said thank you x2

By blueandwhitemad22/2 08:29Fri Feb 22 08:29:52 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1145

Thanks for the positive post..........not. It is what it is not ideal we all know that already but posting negative will not do us any more good will it.

Edited by blueandwhitemad at 08:41:20 on 22nd February 2019

By Hullablue22/2 08:37Fri Feb 22 08:37:39 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1113

But no thanks for the saying that got very old in the 90s...

By boropod (BoroughPod)22/2 15:54Fri Feb 22 15:54:57 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1010

There has been no evidence over the years that the Co-op can act quickly on anything.
Sorry, I really hope they help in the current situ but have reservations.

By Hullablue22/2 16:06Fri Feb 22 16:06:38 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 980

They have acted as quickly as the club had allowed them to.
They need proper paperwork to act. Facts and figures.
If the club doesn't give them these things, they cannot act (rightly imo) .

We keep having situations like the other week where owners feel the coop should just give the club money and slag them off.
It is a two way street, but the club always block it then moan coop haven't got around the obstructions.

By boropod (BoroughPod)22/2 16:22Fri Feb 22 16:22:00 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 996

Yes I know that, I said that. many thanks for confirming

By Hullablue22/2 17:24Fri Feb 22 17:24:10 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 941

There has been no evidence over the years that the Co-op can act quickly on anything.

That is actually not what I was confirming.

The opposite in fact.

By blueandwhitemad21/2 10:50Thu Feb 21 10:50:43 2019In response to Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1570

Please do not get me wrong here but the club needs money NOW....not next year after all the co-op deliberations etc.

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/2 11:11Thu Feb 21 11:11:53 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1546

and if not enough - So far £600 raised (or promised - I don't know).

As I said "each to their own", but we are hearing different story's about level/serious of debt.

Surely, if club want help they have to be 100% transparent (This is something the coop could check and get help with).

How much is owed, to who, by when and who is administering this?.
What income have the club got.
What is the clubs plan.

Each to their own, but I would not pass money over without details.

By stone ragma21/2 11:45Thu Feb 21 11:45:08 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1489

Agree some transparency is needed as to the real picture regarding debt

By Jebbs21/2 11:57Thu Feb 21 11:57:42 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1486

What would people like before they donate to the Just Giving / crowdfunding?
Original letters from the tax man or would photo copies suffice?
The name and full addresss of the debt collector who turned up and threatened to take the goalposts?
The names and addresses of all ex employees that are owed?
Being told that we couldn't pay the players on time so we could pay the tax man instead doesn't seem to be enough for some fans so what documentation is needed before a quid/fiver is donated?

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/2 12:09Thu Feb 21 12:09:51 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1470

Fans were also told that "family members" would be paid with that meaning those in employment - so no debt there.

Fans were also told that a schedule had been agreed with HMRC - so no problem there.

Fans were told the debt for HMRC was for this financial year as no PAYE had been set up. If this the case, then why do HMRC want it now and the PAYE would be taken from players future wages (not nice I admit).

Fans were told that other debts were manageable and not a threat.

Fans were told that the revised playing budget had been reached.

Fans were told the bailiff had been paid. Where/who did the "take the goal posts" come from?

So, given what has been told I see no reason why administration is a possibility.

NH even publically questioned what the new (caretaker owner) said in a radio interview.
Who is to be believed?

Edited by VS Boro at 12:11:41 on 21st February 2019

By blueandwhitemad21/2 12:08Thu Feb 21 12:08:05 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1487

Well said.. actions speak louder than words springs to mind in this case at the moment short term at least anyway without all the forensic analysis etc etc.

Edited by blueandwhitemad at 12:17:24 on 21st February 2019

By MJNB21/2 12:34Thu Feb 21 12:34:53 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1470

I just made a donation, albeit a small one.

By catch2221/2 14:49Thu Feb 21 14:49:41 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1398

Same here .

By MJNB22/2 12:01Fri Feb 22 12:01:36 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1052

I'm in both camps.

a) Happy to donate to feel I'm doing my bit.

b) Like VS, feel more clarity is required on the exact situation.

By boropod (BoroughPod)22/2 15:26Fri Feb 22 15:26:35 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 998

I will try to give either to the Co-Op or the club directly.
Co-op due to its rules and committee seem not able to act quickly or decisively which is a big shame to me as a member.
I'm not giving to another fan sorry I remember Tallis. I know its been done in the right spirt but no.

By Hullablue22/2 15:39Fri Feb 22 15:39:11 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 999

I think the coop can act quickly and decisively, but it need the club to give it more than words to do that.

By mark-nbfc22/2 16:16Fri Feb 22 16:16:59 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 975

Thanks. We have the money ready to purchase shares, and ideas for fundraising for the following seasons ready to go. But we need the clubs proposals (inc financal info, and details of shareholders agreements etc). They are working on this and we are looking forward to reading through it.

There are spaces available on our board, and any help in decision making would be greatly appreciated. We are all volunteers who try and dedicate as much time as we can to this.

---

Edited by mark-nbfc at 16:19:48 on 22nd February 2019

By joetowny (Joe)22/2 17:08Fri Feb 22 17:08:28 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 949

i believe people will put money in when they know that 3 months or whatever down the line someone isn't going to announce " club closed "
people need to know what their investing in
you cant imo reasonably expect small investors to just throw money away.
how that sits with certain peoples expectations of the present situation i have no idea

By stone ragma24/2 09:41Sun Feb 24 09:41:50 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 658

Agreed, the problem I see is if you are looking for 10 investors but only get 5-6 then in a few months time find that the money from those 5-6 is not enough, unless of course those 5-6 invest more than the 10k each that is being asked for

By Wotnostrikers24/2 09:52Sun Feb 24 09:52:17 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 655

The word “investor” is an odd one to choose for this scheme, what are they investing in what is the return on their investment and how many years do they pay £10,000 for...a lifetime?
Like you say what happens if there are only five come forward instead of ten, the truth is we are back to trying to find some wealthy people who can afford to lose money, it was forever thus.

By almost average 224/2 11:12Sun Feb 24 11:12:50 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 635

Or can afford to spend some money on something they enjoy or is important to them .
Anyone who puts money into a club like the Boro believing they will turn a profit is seriously in need of a reality check , but there's many people putting money into sports clubs for other reasons than profit .

By blueandwhitemad21/2 12:48Thu Feb 21 12:48:57 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1466

Fair play ....

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/2 12:12Thu Feb 21 12:12:31 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1483

As I said - each to their own and as you have given money to the fund then that's your choice.

By Jebbs21/2 12:18Thu Feb 21 12:18:37 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1461

What do you need from the club before you'd donate to a fund raising effort?

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/2 12:23Thu Feb 21 12:23:06 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1469

a proper statement would be a start.

As I highlighted - loads of snippets, but nothing concrete and many things contradictory.

As I also said, I would rather the coop be administrating this.

I have no doubt people are working hard; very hard and if people can choose what to do with their money (as I can)

By Jebbs21/2 12:32Thu Feb 21 12:32:24 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1447

What do you want the statement to say?
Is there anyone at the club you'd like this statement to come from?

Help me out, I think my club needs some quick cash whilst things happen, I'd like fans to donate and if there's reasons as to why they won't donate I'd like to know them so we can hopefully get those reasons addressed .

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/2 13:20Thu Feb 21 13:20:51 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1409

I am not sure the tone of your post - bare with me.

I think my club needs some quick cash

Does that not sort of answer my point.

We (well those who go into bar before the game) have been given updates - and I have listed what I have picked up from that (Chinese whispers I accept)

By Hullablue21/2 12:22Thu Feb 21 12:22:38 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1445

Truth?

I feel we haven't really had any for a long time.

Hopefully we will get it very soon.

By Jebbs21/2 12:27Thu Feb 21 12:27:57 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1453

We paid the players late because of a tax bill... wasn't that the truth?
Debt collectors turned up last match day and the previous match day? Not the truth?

By joetowny (Joe)21/2 13:02Thu Feb 21 13:02:39 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1422

J i can see where your coming from
but and im not for one minute knocking you
are you saying the tax bill has been paid was it 30k ?
has the generater been paid 10k ?
are you saying that the immediate debts are being paid
several numbers have been banded about
50k needed short term is that figure correct ?
it then appeared to jump to 70k then with the 'historical' debts it leap't to 140k !!!
have the backers come on board ?
i thought we were told that 6/7 were coming on board 10k a piece
all i asked in my post was what is going to happen.
what is the actual situation ?
is it to much to expect information before people hand their monies over
i admit a tenner is neither here or there
but if everyone gave a tenner or a twenty tomorrow !
but they need to know.
ps i can imagine JG is working all hours to succeed in his quest
but just a bit of transparency would help the cause

By Hullablue21/2 12:32Thu Feb 21 12:32:28 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1443

Did we pay the tax bill?
What was excuse every other month they were paid late? Were they paid late because of a burst pipe?
We the bailiffs paid?
Who paid them?
Who paid the wages in previous months?
Who paid the rent?

See, lots of things we are not being told.

Has the club been handed over officially?

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/2 13:24Thu Feb 21 13:24:21 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1409

I am not so bothered by the “who”
I am more concerned into why admin/liquidation is being roumoured by some (and not consistant from those who should know).

Have we not been told between £50,000 and £140,000 is needed. Which is true

By Jebbs21/2 12:45Thu Feb 21 12:45:38 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1474

I've no idea to any of your questions

You feel we haven't had any truth in a long time.... all I did was give a couple of possible truths.

By BalhamBoro (GeordieBoro)21/2 13:39Thu Feb 21 13:39:17 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1414

Have donated - haven't been able to come this season so least I can do.

Jimmy does post at the bottom of the page:
"Hiya simon Jimmy Ginnelly here can I just say thanks very much for doing this JUST GIVING page the club needs a very quick influx of money to get us through this mess we’re in at the moment ( this mess as been left by previous people who’ve mis managed our Glorious Home Town Club) I JG want make this football club belong to you the people of nuneaton, I’m sure there’s some good companies and local people that also want this"

So seems its pretty desperate stakes - In my mind its better to try something even if it doesn't work, than not do anything and it fail - so fair play for this being set up. Each to there own if you guys need more information and most of you guys have given plenty over the season in other ways.

Its a real shame its come to this.

By blueandwhitemad21/2 13:51Thu Feb 21 13:51:11 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1412

Spot on post thank you .

By mark-nbfc21/2 11:43Thu Feb 21 11:43:07 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1467

These things are happening but take time to put together. In the interim the club need to keep going and with not many home games coming up that means it's hard going.

---

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/2 11:57Thu Feb 21 11:57:39 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1442

Surely the club knows what is owed to who and by when.

By joetowny (Joe)21/2 11:29Thu Feb 21 11:29:59 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1473

shake hands
my exact ongoing sentiments

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/2 11:39Thu Feb 21 11:39:26 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1459

The donation page says........

"As we all know "the Boro" are on the brink of going into administration"

Are we?
Do we all know this?
Why?
Who says?
Will £5,000 make any difference.

NH said 2 or 3 weeks ago that the HMRC debt was manageable and money owed to others was not a threat to existence (I pretty sure this was what was said - I got it 2nd hand).

(will stop saying this). I am not knocking those who have set up/contributed BUT its not for me.

That's the way to do it

By catch2221/2 15:54Thu Feb 21 15:54:12 2019In response to Re: Just Giving / Crowdfunding.Top of thread

Views: 1527

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/savehartlepoolunitedfootballclub
Wow just wow

Re: That's the way to do it

By blueandwhitemad21/2 16:41Thu Feb 21 16:41:12 2019In response to That's the way to do it Top of thread

Views: 1443

Second all that so lets put all the politics etc etc to one side just once and follow that example, we can do it......

Edited by blueandwhitemad at 18:19:58 on 21st February 2019

By catch2221/2 17:43Thu Feb 21 17:43:15 2019In response to Re: That's the way to do it Top of thread

Views: 1342

+1

By Hgblue21/2 18:31Thu Feb 21 18:31:52 2019In response to Re: That's the way to do it Top of thread

Views: 1298

The club can keep the £50 myself and my family paid for the memorial bricks we purchased prior to the club going pop previously. Once bitten twice shy I’m afraid.

By blueandwhitemad21/2 18:43Thu Feb 21 18:43:08 2019In response to Re: That's the way to do it Top of thread

Views: 1372

Fair enough that is your choice I have also lost money to this club in the past but times move on as do regimes but the club has to survive come what may so every bit of help right now would help.

Previous thread: York 2 Boro 0 by boropod23/2 16:57Sat Feb 23 16:57:30 2019view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.