ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Get to rushden by WotnostrikersToday 13:05Today at 13:05:57view thread

Oldest article: Hereford Times Reports by 70s stalwart25/1 10:43Fri Jan 25 10:43:28 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Concord Rangers by stone ragma26/4 10:21Fri Apr 26 10:21:57 2019view thread

Next Saturday

By Eileen Dover23/4 11:19Tue Apr 23 11:19:56 2019

Views: 2462

Posted this morning on SC supporters Board.

"On Saturday we may have a major high point in the (recent) history of supporting County - but we’re playing a team that is at a low point in its own journey. We’ve had our own bad experiences in recent times and there is nothing worse than thinking the club you love might cease to exist. 
Saturday will hopefully see our club and fans at our best. What would be a good way of showing solidarity with Nuneaton FC and their fans? A bucket collection? A banner? I understand we’re taking 5% of the tickets to cover stewards - could we donate this back?"

See also that they are bringing in their own people with handheld scanners to scan tickets at the turnstiles.

Edited by Eileen Dover at 11:28:31 on 23rd April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Next Saturday

By stuscfc23/4 11:53Tue Apr 23 11:53:15 2019In response to Next Saturday Top of thread

Views: 2358

Saturday will be an amazing atmosphere Eileen and the feeling amongst our fans is to help you guys earn a shedload which hopefully goes some way to helping you out . . . bucket collections would be an obvious thing to do and you won't be disappointed i'm sure . . .
But to help with our anxieties could you ask your goalie to ensure we do win comfortably, we can't take anymore drama, it's aged us MASSIVELY . . .

By Eileen Dover23/4 12:18Tue Apr 23 12:18:48 2019In response to Re: Next Saturday Top of thread

Views: 2279

Don't think that you'll need any help from our keeper.
Our home record in the league this season is W1 D3 L16, our only success was against FC United back in September.
I sincerely hope that SC come away with the 3 points needed to give you the Title, be a great atmosphere with such a great crowd.

1 person likes this 1 person

By stuscfc23/4 12:21Tue Apr 23 12:21:44 2019In response to Re: Next Saturday Top of thread

Views: 2294

yep the game yesterday was electric, especially when news filtered through that chorley missed a penalty and then conceded at the death . . . whoah, party time was had by all, truly spine tingling emotions, it was a superb feeling especially following the chorley loss . . .

By almost average 223/4 13:33Tue Apr 23 13:33:19 2019In response to Re: Next Saturday Top of thread

Views: 2285

Think a lot of our fans are approaching this game with the wrong attitude . I know a fair number of regulars who won't be attending . So what if we lose , we have to just about everyone else this season , but what an occasion to be part of . Games like this come along once in a blue moon i'm taking the viewpoint that it's an occasion for the boro players & fans to enjoy , what have we got to lose .

2 people like this 2 people

By VS Town (VS Boro)23/4 18:48Tue Apr 23 18:48:16 2019In response to Re: Next Saturday Top of thread

Views: 2085

Thing is - it takes effort to get a ticket and given the season Boro have had I can understand people not bothering.

Same with BScup final - whilst the competition is worthless it’s a nice evening out —- but people can’t be arsed - can see similar numbers at St. Andrews to that at Leamington

By almost average 223/4 19:06Tue Apr 23 19:06:46 2019In response to Re: Next Saturday Top of thread

Views: 2085

Leamington are running coaches as in more than one to the final . Think we might manage 100 ( fans not coaches ) .

Edited by almost average 2 at 19:07:27 on 23rd April 2019

By stuscfc23/4 14:42Tue Apr 23 14:42:12 2019In response to Re: Next Saturday Top of thread

Views: 2185

yep exactly, sadly your fate for this season is decided, but it's still your club and your team which i'm sure many have supported over the decades . . . if the possibility of losing was a decision process, christ none of us would be supporting our teams lol . . . hence the greedy league and new age soccer fanatic following the glory teams lol

Allocation for Stockport increased

By MJNB23/4 23:01Tue Apr 23 23:01:10 2019In response to Re: Next Saturday Top of thread

Views: 2178

Extra tickets in the seated stand.
Also the ‘home end’ is being segregated and they’ll be in there too.

Stockport on all four sides.

Re: Allocation for Stockport increased

By blueandwhitemad24/4 10:54Wed Apr 24 10:54:06 2019In response to Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 2092

Why the hell not give them the home end stand we home fans can use the away stand and half of the seated stand just as a one off because our numbers will be low for safety reasons to sell as many tickets as possible to them and maximize income streams.Segregation is in place and why not place a temporary bar at the rear of away stand for home fans to use.

Edited by blueandwhitemad at 10:58:28 on 24th April 2019
Edited by blueandwhitemad at 11:08:44 on 24th April 2019
Edited by blueandwhitemad at 12:46:30 on 24th April 2019

By MJNB24/4 19:17Wed Apr 24 19:17:05 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1712

They get much more tickets doing what we are doing than giving us the whole of the away end.

Just seen Hulla’s post!

* We only have half the home end (closest to the club), the flat bit, the decking, and half the seats.

Edited by MJNB at 19:18:04 on 24th April 2019

By blueandwhitemad24/4 22:50Wed Apr 24 22:50:33 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1570

Home end stand holds 1800 the rugby side holds 1000 and 250 in the seated stand that is 3050 tickets in total . I personally would like to be away from there fans a far as possible certainly not sharing the same stand while they cheer and celebrate throughout the game bad enough season at home already without salt being rubbed into our wounds even more being in the away end would do that keeping us safe and still making lots of money.

By Wotnostrikers25/4 06:11Thu Apr 25 06:11:32 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1570

My thoughts entirely blueandwhitemad, the extra revenue is a fantastic bonus but standing in our own ground massively outnumbered by celebrating opposition fans has never happened before in my lifetime.
Sharing our stand with them in my ear after the pathetically embarrassing season we have had is just taking the pith.

By bert's dad25/4 17:01Thu Apr 25 17:01:19 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 612

To be fair Stockport fans have sympathy for our plight and were very impressed with the Boro side that drew there 2-2. They are celebrating a great season and a very long awaited promotion they are not taking the piss out of the Boro

By Wotnostrikers25/4 20:12Thu Apr 25 20:12:51 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 441

Chorley fans will be thinking you are the one taking the piss handing Stockport promotion before the season has ended.

By stuscfc25/4 17:06Thu Apr 25 17:06:21 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 597

100% we're not . . . been there done that and for whatever reason your club finds itself in its predicament it's never the fans fault or usually the players, but alas it's always the business side of things . . . saturday is going to be a brilliant day for everyone, different reasons but brilliant it will be . . . as long as you guys don't ruin the party! lol

By Hullablue25/4 08:18Thu Apr 25 08:18:52 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1464

So what should the club do? Turn down easy money because some of our fans cannot cope with the concept of another team sealing promotion at our ground?
There is no demand for tickets from Nuneaton fans, so it would be foolish to leave areas of the ground empty when people are willing to fill it.
Boro fans have outnumbered home fans several times in my life, I dont recall us being disrespectful or loading it over them, nor do I recall our hosts being anything less than grateful for the cash windfall.

I'm going in the hope we give them as good a game as we did at Edgeley Park, and maybe even beat them, while B(PA) get a result against Chorley so SC still go up. I will not stick around to watch any trophy presentation or applaud them off the pitch, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape by football fans celebrating promotion. Celebrating is a integral part of watching football, if you don't want to see people celebrating, then watching football probably isn't the best idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

4 people like this 4 people

By MJNB25/4 08:22Thu Apr 25 08:22:29 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1458

I remember going to Buckingham of all places in 1996.

There must have been 2000 there, including about 100 from Buckingham.

Boro fans celebrated big time.

By Wotnostrikers25/4 10:04Thu Apr 25 10:04:27 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1407

That was the first away game I took my son to, nice part of the country.

By MJNB25/4 08:12Thu Apr 25 08:12:45 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1466

We were massively outnumbered by Luton in 2014 when the current ground record was set.

They had the away end and the rugby club side and had two thirds of the crowd.

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/4 08:22Thu Apr 25 08:22:56 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1476

There was no segregation. I remember at the time being concerned about that BUt it passed without incident.

I can’t see any trouble from Boro end due to season and the effort needed to get tickets. In fact I suspect it will be mainly season ticket holders.
I may be late - just hope room reserved for me.

By Hullablue25/4 10:14Thu Apr 25 10:14:32 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1422

V Luton there was segregation.

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/4 10:58Thu Apr 25 10:58:21 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1405

You sure?

I have clear memories of being concerned there was not.
I kept saying “better safe than sorry”, but thankfully no Nuneaton arseholes turned up.

By Hullablue25/4 11:10Thu Apr 25 11:10:12 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1443

Yeah, I can recall people moaning we had given the rugby side over.
The segregation was not as permanent as the normal one, and obviously everyone came through same gate at top of the drive which could gave proved a flashpoint.

By Hullablue24/4 23:27Wed Apr 24 23:27:58 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1531

Are those the current capacities or the ones from previous seasons? I know they have changed in the past, maybe they have changed back.

As for being in the same stand as opposition fans celebrating, I see no problem with being the other side of segregation from people celebrating winning something we could not.

If we had to win to stay up, that would be another matter.

By almost average 225/4 04:28Thu Apr 25 04:28:01 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1471

I'd be struggling a bit if it was someone like Brackley or Telford we were turning up to see win the league , but we have no rivalry with Stockport . Someone had to play them Saturday and make a shed load of money , i bet the likes of Alfreton or Boston would snap our hands off if there was someway of swapping .

By Hullablue24/4 13:35Wed Apr 24 13:35:59 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1931

I think this way Boro fans get a smaller allocation than the away end and also get to go in our bar, where there is a band on before and after, as well as a memorabilia auction afterwards.
Best of both worlds from what I understand.

By blueandwhitemad24/4 14:27Wed Apr 24 14:27:27 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1891

I see...

By VS Town (VS Boro)24/4 13:29Wed Apr 24 13:29:19 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1851

I was told the club had contacted the nuns about some bar outside the away end

I am sure there was often a bar behind the stand in the past.

As for segregation - reserve spaces for Boro fans in away end then “vet” and Stockport fans who want to come in (easier said than done..... what does a thug look like?)

By joetowny (Joe)24/4 13:18Wed Apr 24 13:18:13 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1827

i agree, also it will be far easier to exit the ground for us too
as you say its a one off we need to maximize the revenue streams
there is only going to be one result anyway.
so lets be honest its little more than an organised carnival for SCFC anyway
in fact thank you very much for the badly needed dosh and good luck for the future

By almost average 224/4 18:59Wed Apr 24 18:59:02 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1698

This one game alone will probably raise something like a third of next season playing budget on it's own . This season has been a absolute nightmare , but right at the end somebody has really smiled on us .
Perfect scenario is we play out of our skins and give them a decent game but they take the title . No problem with Chorley , seem a well run proper non league club , but Stockport are such a big club , they've served their time .

By Wotnostrikers24/4 20:30Wed Apr 24 20:30:58 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1597

Perfect scenario we beat them.

By MJNB24/4 20:58Wed Apr 24 20:58:59 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1575

Disagree.

3000 of them pissed up, pissed off, trashing our ground and kicking off. Big police bill. All profits down the drain.

Hopefully they win and celebrate peacefully

By bert's dad24/4 22:59Wed Apr 24 22:59:34 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1500

Been to Stockport several times and not had problems with their fans. I think they will enjoy the occasion just like Boro fans did at Gainsborough, Atherstone, Guisely etc when Boro won promotions

By MJNB25/4 08:14Thu Apr 25 08:14:43 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1432

Been to Stockport numerous times myself too with no issues.

But the first time they came to LW they were total dicks!

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/4 08:25Thu Apr 25 08:25:10 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1452

Didn’t “those who know best” open the away gate to get Stockport fans to spend money in the bar and that’s where minor issues came from? Never sits easy with me the alcohol thing and how if effect A FEW.

By Hullablue25/4 08:20Thu Apr 25 08:20:02 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1420

Was that the time they were segregated but allowed to the bar at half time?

By MJNB25/4 08:21Thu Apr 25 08:21:14 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1416

Yes, began segregated, relaxed it at half time and they started kicking off on the rugby club side just after half time

By Wotnostrikers24/4 22:10Wed Apr 24 22:10:40 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1573

I will always want Boro to win, you can support the opposition it is your prerogative but not mine.

By MJNB25/4 08:13Thu Apr 25 08:13:48 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1425

Just thinking of the greater good, rather than ‘supporting’ the opponents.

If we get hit with a huge police bill, it won’t set us up well for a successful season next year!

By Wotnostrikers25/4 10:07Thu Apr 25 10:07:28 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1384

I understand your concern but I would still love us to pull off the shock of the season, victories have been extremely thin on the ground.

By joetowny (Joe)25/4 13:54Thu Apr 25 13:54:39 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 958

tbf as a club i think they deserve a bit of good fortune
remember this is a club that once played div2 football, the championship to some
so they have gone through the ringer which is why i believe they understand our present predicament
i can only put it one way, to deny them their hour of glory is imo petty.
simple fact is we need the money, they are a heaven sent windfall
especially if it is topped with a collection.
as long as they behave and show us the respect and understand that we are endeavoring to make it a day they wont forget i wish them well.

By stuscfc25/4 14:37Thu Apr 25 14:37:31 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 830

absolutely . . . this hopefully, score allowing, is going to be an amazing day for both sets of fans . . . you get the financial windfall and we get the title, a fair swap i'd suggest lol . . .

Stockport

By Unnamed Sauce25/4 23:44Thu Apr 25 23:44:15 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 377

Always enjoyed my visits there,and will miss it greatly. I begrudge County nothing and applaud the Boro for the sensible way they have managed this fixture, in what has without doubt been the worst season in Boro/Town's history.

I won't be there. Enough is definitively, enough. Can't wait for this awful season to end.

By Greg (NBFC)25/4 13:56Thu Apr 25 13:56:01 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 936

^^^^ What Joe said ^^^^

By stone ragma24/4 21:11Wed Apr 24 21:11:42 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1597

JG on FB the other day seemed to be telling a family member who had booked Rugby Club for a do on Saturday afternoon to cancel it saying it could be dangerous!!

By VS Town (VS Boro)24/4 21:01Wed Apr 24 21:01:54 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1578

Remember the reported scenes at Kidderminster when they got relegated.

Only difference here - they will still have play offs.

We all remember farnborough but I really can only see one result on Saturday.
They will go 3-0 up by 60 mins at the latest and just play the game out.

By almost average 224/4 20:32Wed Apr 24 20:32:42 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1643

I didn't want to push the positivity too far (:

Any gamblers ?

By VS Town (VS Boro)24/4 19:41Wed Apr 24 19:41:42 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1666

16-1 home win
1-8 away win

Re: Any gamblers ?

By bert's dad24/4 19:55Wed Apr 24 19:55:32 2019In response to Any gamblers ?Top of thread

Views: 1638

Boro to win 20/1
Bradford to win 21/5

What would the odds be for a double - 81/5 or am I wrong? I am pretty sure that’s wrong but haven’t a clue how to work it out

Edited by bert's dad at 19:57:11 on 24th April 2019

By VS Town (VS Boro)24/4 19:57Wed Apr 24 19:57:58 2019In response to Re: Any gamblers ?Top of thread

Views: 1607

420-5 or about 80-1

By nil desperandum24/4 23:22Wed Apr 24 23:22:07 2019In response to Re: Any gamblers ?Top of thread

Views: 1476

Better than that - 108/1 approx.

If a £1 stake: 21 x £1 = £21
26/5 x £21 = £109.20

both bets are increased by one unit to include the stake, i.e. odds of 20/1 and 21/5 only represent the profit element. Not sure how clear I've made that but I've done my best!

By bert's dad25/4 00:01Thu Apr 25 00:01:11 2019In response to Re: Any gamblers ?Top of thread

Views: 1479

Might be worth a £1

By bert's dad24/4 22:54Wed Apr 24 22:54:23 2019In response to Re: Any gamblers ?Top of thread

Views: 1496

Thanks

By Hullablue24/4 09:34Wed Apr 24 09:34:37 2019In response to Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 2076

Still very plenty of room in Boro end :-)

By joetowny (Joe)24/4 10:37Wed Apr 24 10:37:49 2019In response to Re: Allocation for Stockport increased Top of thread

Views: 1983

if 3,000 roll up a nice little earner eh?
an unexpected windfall

" can we play you every week "

Edited by Joe at 10:41:41 on 24th April 2019

Previous thread: Steve Chettle by stone ragma25/4 16:26Thu Apr 25 16:26:42 2019view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.