ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Norman Smurthwaite. by HullablueToday 22:45Today at 22:45:33view thread

Oldest article: Team v Ashton by MJNB26/1 14:41Sat Jan 26 14:41:15 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Watch love island the final live by Lord of the Manor23/7 17:04Tue Jul 23 17:04:15 2019view thread

Hinckley away

By almost average 219/7 15:43Fri Jul 19 15:43:24 2019

Views: 1155

Surly we'll get our first win under our belts tomorrow.

reply to this article | return to the front page

0-4 at half time

By Hullablue20/7 15:50Sat Jul 20 15:50:43 2019In response to Hinckley awayTop of thread

Views: 759

We are gonna piss this tin pot league.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

Re: 0-4 at half time

By joetowny (Joe)20/7 16:22Sat Jul 20 16:22:42 2019In response to 0-4 at half timeTop of thread

Views: 696

LOL you do know that there are people out there that will think your being serious.....
there again remember your on the moron forum ........ anything goes

* im giving you the benefit of the doubt here :-)

Re: 0-4 at half time

By Hullablue20/7 16:24Sat Jul 20 16:24:54 2019In response to Re: 0-4 at half timeTop of thread

Views: 700

No one with any intelligence would use that phrase genuinely and noone with any intelligence would think it was being used sensibly.

Won 6-0

By boropod (BoroughPod)20/7 17:09Sat Jul 20 17:09:07 2019In response to Re: 0-4 at half timeTop of thread

Views: 677

Stroll in the park for Boro.
We could piss Hinckleys League, possibly.

"2018-19 was the worst boro team ever"

Re: Won 6-0

By Dougie820/7 17:17Sat Jul 20 17:17:16 2019In response to Won 6-0Top of thread

Views: 664

Same league as Griff and Atherstone.

By almost average 220/7 17:49Sat Jul 20 17:49:25 2019In response to Re: Won 6-0Top of thread

Views: 651

4 for Bevan including a first half hat trick and 2 for Lewis Rankin ( trialist ) .
Now i know we have a lot of central defenders and the opposition were limited but Lowe looked quality today . Always talking and organising the players around him , never just hoofed the ball . Always looking to put his foot on the ball and played some lovely , intelligent passes . It's a pity we have so many central defenders already signed up because i've a feeling he's head and shoulders above anyone we already have .

By Dougie820/7 17:55Sat Jul 20 17:55:57 2019In response to Re: Won 6-0Top of thread

Views: 675

You know a good player when you see one. Former Kiddy Captain. Spent last 2 seasons at Macclesfield including their Conference winning season when he was almost an ever present. Him and Towers should be our 1st choice. Don't think Addison will play much through injury and Kettle and Preston would be good reserves. Lot of games this season with
League League Cup BSC FA Cup and Trophy.

Bevan & Benbow

By almost average 221/7 10:02Sun Jul 21 10:02:47 2019In response to Re: Won 6-0Top of thread

Views: 558

Very impressed with them as a potential pairing .
Fully aware that the opposition was well below what we will face in league action but that was partly why i was so impressed . It would have been easy to go into cruise mode but these two never stopped working for the 70 mins or so they were on the pitch . Benbow is a tank of a player but deceptively skillful . He was permanently making himself available holding the ball then bringing others into play . On another day he would have matched Bevans four . Bevan is a clever player , he always seemed to be able to find space and time . Cool and calm in front of goal . If they can work on their understanding / partnership i feel they will give sides in our league big problems .
Probably score ten between them all season now i've said this .

1 person likes this 1 person

Re: Bevan & Benbow

By boropod (BoroughPod)21/7 12:15Sun Jul 21 12:15:06 2019In response to Bevan & BenbowTop of thread

Views: 492

Well both of them should be more than comfortable in this league standard wise, just need to give them the service and stop conceding soft goals, like last season.

"2018-19 was the worst boro team ever"

Re: Bevan & Benbow

By MJNB22/7 15:47Mon Jul 22 15:47:54 2019In response to Re: Bevan & BenbowTop of thread

Views: 464

Pleased to see Beavon score a few.

Game of habits and after not scoring much last season, a good pre season of finding the back of the net should set him up for a good season, hopefully.

Re: Hinckley away

By Hullablue19/7 16:31Fri Jul 19 16:31:26 2019In response to Hinckley awayTop of thread

Views: 1118

Depends what sort of team we put out, how many defenders we have and all that sort of thing.
Results mean nothing in July for us.

By almost average 219/7 18:55Fri Jul 19 18:55:20 2019In response to Re: Hinckley awayTop of thread

Views: 931

Don't agree .
Obviously it's performances not results in pre season , but after the season we've just had i feel there is a bit of a losing mentality about the club . Everyone turns up expecting us to lose and when it happens it's just treated with a shrug . There doesn't seem any great desire to win games and so we don't . The only way to break that is to start putting some wins together and why not start now .

By longtimeblue21/7 14:12Sun Jul 21 14:12:33 2019In response to Re: Hinckley awayTop of thread

Views: 431

Agree with everything said about the quality of play and commitment on display at Ibstock Miners Welfare. However, the standard of opposition reflected the sign above the gates and made it impossible to infer too much about future prospects. For example Billy D looked like Glen Hoddle matched against the adolescents in their midfield. I do think Benbow will become a firm favourite; fiery, forceful yet not without finesse.

Real English

By BoroStokie21/7 16:47Sun Jul 21 16:47:47 2019In response to Re: Hinckley awayTop of thread

Views: 376

"Benbow will become a firm favourite; fiery, forceful yet not without finesse"

Are you trying to ruin the fan site's reputation?

Top class aliteration! Whatever next?

"Come On You Boro Boys!"

Re: Real English

By Wotnostrikers21/7 16:49Sun Jul 21 16:49:18 2019In response to Real EnglishTop of thread

Views: 372

Agree not at all moronic

Re: Real English

By almost average 221/7 17:51Sun Jul 21 17:51:48 2019In response to Re: Real EnglishTop of thread

Views: 356

I had this discussion with a chap i used to know . He was very critical of the grammar and general use of english on forums . I disagreed as to me a forum is two chaps having a chat in the pub , but on a bigger scale .

By Hullablue20/7 08:21Sat Jul 20 08:21:00 2019In response to Re: Hinckley awayTop of thread

Views: 880

Come August 10 it'll be different.
Till then, they are just practice sessions.

By MJNB19/7 19:07Fri Jul 19 19:07:11 2019In response to Re: Hinckley awayTop of thread

Views: 916

Agree.

Since winning 4-0 at FCUM we have lost every single game we have played in league, BSC and friendlies.

Need to start getting a winning habit going.

Friendlies mean nothing?

By Unnamed Sauce19/7 23:16Fri Jul 19 23:16:13 2019In response to Re: Hinckley awayTop of thread

Views: 869

Long ago(before they invented the crossbar) I scored a first half hat trick as a trialist in a Friendly whilst turning out for a Minor Non League side. This was because I was going like the clappers in a (vain) attempt to impress the manager/coach. I was playing Parks football and fancied a step up. Second half I was totally subdued and had lumps kicked out of me by a psychopath of an opposing centre half. Turned out he was the First Choice centre back for the side I was trying out for. He was making a statement too. Not a very friendly one. But effective.

Point being-yes the early results are academic,but the early individual performances are still a marker. It is essential not to risk injury so early in the pre-season. It is also essential to leave at least an impression on those who do the selections come August/September . And I don't mean studmarks.

Previous thread: Help needed on Sunday at Liberty Way from 09:30 by NBSC22/7 14:56Mon Jul 22 14:56:09 2019view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.