ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: O/T Dom Sibley by WotnostrikersYesterday 22:07Yesterday at 22:07:42view thread

Oldest article: BSC final by MJNB20/3 21:16Wed Mar 20 21:16:15 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Taylor Allen by MJNB5/4 15:18Fri Apr 5 15:18:33 2019view thread

Goalscoring / chances created

By MJNB21/10 10:19Mon Oct 21 10:19:35 2019

Views: 556

On Saturday, against one of the so called 'better/bigger' clubs, I was amazed at quite how many chances we actually created. From the middle of the first half, until the end of the second, we had many chances (several clear cut such as Henshall blazing wide), and despite a good spell in the middle of the first half, Bromsgrove couldn't really have complained if we'd scored a couple more goals.

The only way, IMO, we WON'T make the playoffs, is if we are sloppy at the back.

Going forward, our attack seems strong, tricky, creative, and most importantly pacey. Defences, especially at this level, do not like the likes of Powell, Henshall, Edmunds, DKE running at them.

Our attacking threat is actually very good, and when we go forward, at pace, with the ball on the floor, we are/were very enjoyable to watch. I'm led to believe despite the results away from home until now, this is quite the norm.

We have now scored three or more goals in SEVEN of our fourteen league games so far. Whilst we shouldn't forget about defending, I do think if we play to our strengths and attack, we can outscore our opponents week in, week out and attack our way to the playoffs at least. The league is not the best standard at all, and it's not arrogant to know we are better than most sides.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Goalscoring / chances created

By almost average 221/10 12:14Mon Oct 21 12:14:20 2019In response to Goalscoring / chances createdTop of thread

Views: 426

We have been very attack minded in away games this season and have created bucket loads of chances . The problem has been taking them . If we could start converting just a fraction into goals the odd mistake at the back wouldn't be a problem .

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/10 11:37Mon Oct 21 11:37:21 2019In response to Goalscoring / chances createdTop of thread

Views: 420

Whilst goals are being scored, I really think more options are needed up front.

By stone ragma21/10 10:54Mon Oct 21 10:54:59 2019In response to Goalscoring / chances createdTop of thread

Views: 430

Problem certainly away from home has not been creating chances it’s been not taking them, Saturday we managed to do that and also had the luck as well as per deflection for Powell’s goal

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)21/10 10:31Mon Oct 21 10:31:10 2019In response to Goalscoring / chances createdTop of thread

Views: 466

I think Kettle and Stanley are forming a strong partnership at the back and Towers is a brilliant back-up to slot in either position along the back four too.

Hopefully Candlin will be back fit soon as i still think Benbow needs someone alongside him, which i believe second half Powell was doing that role and DKE drifted out wide. However still think we need to sign a third striker incase Benbow or Cadlin get injured. Wassall is an option but we dont know if hes ready for first team yet... maybe find that out on Tuesday night against Sphinx.

By MJNB21/10 10:49Mon Oct 21 10:49:31 2019In response to Re: Goalscoring / chances createdTop of thread

Views: 409

I think you can play one up front IF you get the right 5 in midfield and becoming a proper attacking 3 or 4 when in possession.

If we can keep Osbourne and Richens in the midfield 2, and play 3 of DKE, Powell, Henshall and Edmunds in the further forward 3, supporting Benbow and playing close to him, then one up front is fine.

By WCB (NBFC) (WCB)25/10 09:53Fri Oct 25 09:53:25 2019In response to Re: Goalscoring / chances createdTop of thread

Views: 352

Would Beavon be that 2nd striker option when he returns off loan?

------------------------------------------------------
Boro Exile

By almost average 225/10 11:12Fri Oct 25 11:12:45 2019In response to Re: Goalscoring / chances createdTop of thread

Views: 315

Not 100% but believe he's out on season long loan . Candlin is the second option if he can stay fit for longer than a couple of games .

Previous thread: SL Cup rd 2 draw by almost average 210/10 18:07Thu Oct 10 18:07:45 2019view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.