ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Today's Line Up by CockandBearToday 14:32Today at 14:32:36view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Dudley Kernick - RIP by From Town To Town3/1 18:41Fri Jan 3 18:41:25 2020view thread

"Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."

By Unnamed Sauce1/1 17:44Wed Jan 1 17:44:47 2020

Views: 1123

Not quite a bore draw . Quite absorbing,if scrappy at times. Coalville looked drilled and efficient. Had they concentrated a bit more on finishing rather than surrounding the (awful) referee on every possible occasion (usually in twos and threes) they might have won. Breden really kept us in it , with some exotic goalkeeping and a first half penalty save.

First half, Dullville also probably spent more time kicking lumps out of Bremang and Benbow then they needed to. Again,because the very lenient referee let some silly stuff go with that timeless chestnut "a quiet word" so they sensed they could get away with it. This proved eventually effective though as the former seemed more agitated than he needed to be second half and Benbow looked exhausted at times. The little group next to me had a dig at both these players,which seemed unnecessary seeing the rough treatment they'd taken.

Ref lost it completely second half with some wild decisions and a flurry of yellow cards. Huff and puff from both sides and (yawn) a draw was probably a fair result.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Highlights ??

By VS Town (VS Boro)2/1 18:29Thu Jan 2 18:29:23 2020In response to "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 746

Re: Highlights ??

By bert's dad3/1 00:27Fri Jan 3 00:27:40 2020In response to Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 594

Looks like we did well to get a draw. They looked a better side than us that’s why they are above us in the table. This Boro side is a top half of the table side for this League, hopefully we will build on this next season. Where were Tamworth this time last year?

By littlec3/1 09:33Fri Jan 3 09:33:22 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 534

unfortunately i cant see many of these players being here next season. So next year could be another rebuild. i think personally the wage bill is going to be cut. As we have only hit the 650 mark a few times this year which is break even on the wage budget . Think that will come down to 500 next season . Unless the investors are again willing to put in x amount in to cover the losses.

By bert's dad4/1 16:35Sat Jan 4 16:35:11 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 448

Who would you keep for next season? Breedon and Clifton and Powell. Don’t think anyone else worth keeping

By littlec4/1 23:02Sat Jan 4 23:02:17 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 415

Powell but needs a end product and pass more.
Kelly Evans
Edmunds
Kettle
Breedon but needs to improve the accuracy of his kicking goes to the opponent to many times.

At the minute there the only ones who have stood out so far

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)4/1 16:51Sat Jan 4 16:51:21 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 387

After recent performances not even Clifton.

Breeden and Powell for me. The rest can go.

By VS Town (VS Boro)4/1 16:53Sat Jan 4 16:53:17 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 399

You are twice as generous as me :)

I would perhaps add Kelly-Evans BUT not playing in a team of this "style"

By bert's dad4/1 16:56Sat Jan 4 16:56:14 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 381

Think Kelly-Evans has had plenty of opportunities to make an impact but too often fails to make an impact

By VS Town (VS Boro)4/1 16:57Sat Jan 4 16:57:18 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 392

I agree, but the ball by-passes him...... thats my hope for his averageness

By stone ragma3/1 11:23Fri Jan 3 11:23:03 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 590

Agree, can see that happening as well, don’t think we have had the attendances that we’re expecting so far

By almost average 23/1 12:24Fri Jan 3 12:24:11 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 515

At the preseason forum there was talk of gates of upto 800 . That has turned out to be ambitious but i don't believe they ever expected gates to dip to between 350 - 450 which they have on occasions . Just a fact , and this is not meant as a criticism of anyone in particular so please don't take it as such , but if only 500 fans are prepared to watch us on a regular basis that is what the budget will have to be set at , unless alternative funding can be found .

By MJNB3/1 17:02Fri Jan 3 17:02:53 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 454

I think, as VS alluded to before, we almost got promoted through the leagues too quickly, did well for a while, and the people of Nuneaton got used to a certain standard of football and opponent, and competing with the likes of Grimsby, Mansfield, Wrexham, etc etc.

Whether Jimmy is at the helm, or an outsider, not many people wanna pay £12 to watch us in a ‘pub league’ with ‘Sunday league players’ against the likes of Kings Langley, St Ives and Leiston.

That’s not from my perspective, I’d watch against whoever if circumstances allow (roll on my daughters trip to Royston) but many many folk do think it’s just shite football and won’t pay to watch it!

1 person likes this 1 person

By VS Town (VS Boro)3/1 17:48Fri Jan 3 17:48:00 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 451

Not just that, I also think with the formation of Town it was a case of "the king is dead; long live the king".

There are also many in Nuneaton think Boro's level is Conf-National.

By VS Town (VS Boro)3/1 12:54Fri Jan 3 12:54:56 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 487

I think Wednesday gate is best that can be hoped for.

I think circa 600 from Nuneaton present (although again, counting not a science at Liberty Way).

By stone ragma3/1 12:43Fri Jan 3 12:43:50 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 531

Also think we are somewhat at the mercy of those investors, if any decide they no longer wish to invest beyond this season then others would probably be needing to be found to replace them

By almost average 23/1 12:56Fri Jan 3 12:56:00 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 489

I would guess 99% of the clubs in this country , possibly the world are in that position . What would happen to Man City if Saudi Arabia pulled their finance . Unfortunately if we're going to be competitive , even at this level , it can't be done purely on gates .

By stone ragma3/1 13:17Fri Jan 3 13:17:28 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 501

Agreed but more likely at our level perhaps that people could just walk away

By joetowny (Joe)3/1 13:39Fri Jan 3 13:39:25 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 460

the basic fact of football life is that 99pc of clubs are funded to a degree.
yep even amateur set ups need an input.
this club is no different to 100's of others up and down the country.
SISU are ravaged by cov fans but where would they be without the millions invested
they of course would argue that all would be "Honky Dory" without them........maybe
but maybe not.
hours if not minutes from going tits up when they stepped in.... some like to forget that bit.

By MJNB3/1 17:04Fri Jan 3 17:04:45 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 409

You’re correct about even amateur clubs.

I play West Yorkshire league cricket all summer.

Each game costs me £7.50 to play.

If we didn’t have two major sponsors, it would £10 plus each week.

By VS Town (VS Boro)3/1 14:04Fri Jan 3 14:04:37 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 457

I just don't understand what the hell is happening at CCFC.

From the outside, they are doing well at level 3 despite not having any income from owning their own ground. Who is funding that?

Its not as if there are not "big" clubs at that level; Sunderland & Sunderland and in the recent past the likes of Wolves, Leicester, Forest, Derby (I think), Man City & Leeds have dropped to that level.

By joetowny (Joe)3/1 14:17Fri Jan 3 14:17:19 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 469

must be the owners, who else ?
think a lot of credit has to go to the management team.
several people i believe have tried to wrestle the club from sisu
reading between the lines dont think they have had the ££££££££'s to do it
not a rugger fan dont know the first thing about the game
but i heard somewhere that Wasps owe a bucketful of dosh ???
if so where could that eventually leave the stadium
who owns it now ?????

By boropod (BoroughPod)3/1 14:22Fri Jan 3 14:22:09 2020In response to Re: Highlights ??Top of thread

Views: 482

Wasps own the RICOH

worst forum poster ever

Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."

By Atty Boro1/1 18:22Wed Jan 1 18:22:58 2020In response to "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 984

What is exotic goalkeeping?

By Unnamed Sauce2/1 13:56Thu Jan 2 13:56:59 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 703

Turn of phrase mate. Adjective: Out of the ordinary. Unusual. Dribbling out of his area,beating a couple of defenders then distributing the ball safely up field. Personally I love the feller. Even though he near decapitated me with his last penalty.

By Atty Boro2/1 19:39Thu Jan 2 19:39:03 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 642

According to Cambridge..
Exotic
...unusual and exciting because of coming (or seeming to come) from far away, especially a tropical

By stripes4me1/1 18:38Wed Jan 1 18:38:12 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 937

He had a parrot on his shoulder- a Norwegian Blue.

By Atty Boro1/1 18:42Wed Jan 1 18:42:03 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 899

That is a cheese.

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)1/1 18:03Wed Jan 1 18:03:00 2020In response to "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 1031

Rumour on the mill is that Benbow wants to leave

By Halftime2/1 12:51Thu Jan 2 12:51:59 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 701

Are Leamington sniffing around? Looks like they are going to lose their top scorer Josh March to FGR or Accrington!

By Arseface1/1 19:07Wed Jan 1 19:07:00 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 1031

Hearing Bremang loan won't be extended either.

By stone ragma1/1 18:07Wed Jan 1 18:07:53 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 994

Not been playing that well last few games so wouldn’t be surprised

By VS Town (VS Boro)1/1 18:27Wed Jan 1 18:27:14 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 980

I wonder if fully fit.

He does not seem the sort of player who would not give 100%, but I suspect (and understand) his heart may still be at Stourbridge.
I would assume he is contracted, so can't see him going anywhere.

By almost average 21/1 18:41Wed Jan 1 18:41:08 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 897

From memory he signed on a two years contract , rumour has it on a very good wage . So him wanted to leave might not be that straightforward if true .

By stone ragma1/1 17:52Wed Jan 1 17:52:46 2020In response to "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 1006

Another example that the standard in this league is not great, from players or officials, niggly disjointed game, short on quality, Coalville organised and efficient, Boro to much hit and hope football

By VS Town (VS Boro)1/1 18:25Wed Jan 1 18:25:18 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 946

I agree. Said it before, but another example of 11 lads getting together to have a game of football. No quality, no plan, no tactics, no methods.....just chase a ball round the pitch for 90 mins.

Thought they shaded it. Certainly Breedon had far more to do than their keeper.

I will (again) be more sympathetic towards officials than other. Strange that of 700 people present its just 3 who get everything wrong :)
That said, the booking of the CCFC lad towards the game was nothing more than two players coming together; but thats the way football is now.

By Unnamed Sauce2/1 14:00Thu Jan 2 14:00:59 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 704

No-one said anyone got everything wrong. You just have an inbuilt protective mechanisms for match officials. Because (like me) in another life you did some officiating at a Junior level.

In a previous post this season I praised a referee. You did not comment on that.

Ref yesterday was out of his depth. Fact. You spend a lot of time knocking the quality of football at this level. Mayve it would flow better with sensible refereeing.

Happy New Year

By joetowny (Joe)2/1 15:19Thu Jan 2 15:19:11 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 622

if we had VAR at this level the monitors would over heat due to excessive use :-)
i dont particularly slag refs off
but i do have to agree with you here he struggled somewhat.......... being diplomatic :-)

By The Silverback1/1 18:08Wed Jan 1 18:08:21 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 994

Yes, hit and hope football sums it up and a very dull game overall.
Did nothing to ease the hangover. Infact it looked like a few players from both teams were hungover after too many drinks last night!
Coalville should have won it 1-0, but missed pen proved crucial.

By joetowny (Joe)1/1 18:32Wed Jan 1 18:32:25 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 976

fwiw if we had played them twice early in the season we would have lost both
thought they were ultra efficient at doing their chosen tasks.
best side i have seen so far this season as in doing their job effectively
their one blot on proceedings was to 'miss the pen'
or 'Breden made an excellent save' whichever camp you come from
dont know who backs them but for a village bus stop outfit
they have an half decent team.
yes, they played the ref.... why not if hes gullible enough. ( wish we were as cute )
dont for one minute think he will ever make the premier list.
can we make the play/offs ? would not chance more than a tenner on it
*still think signings are needed.
onward and upward :-)
* and im not talking about a conveyor belt of stop gaps
pps crowd 700 not bad.

Edited by Joe at 18:34:12 on 1st January 2020
Edited by Joe at 18:38:34 on 1st January 2020
Edited by Joe at 18:47:25 on 1st January 2020

I think that's a fair assessment

By Unnamed Sauce2/1 14:02Thu Jan 2 14:02:17 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 663

Pretty much how i saw it.

By Dougie82/1 13:19Thu Jan 2 13:19:45 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 720

I am hoping this is the worst game we see in 2020.

By VS Town (VS Boro)2/1 16:07Thu Jan 2 16:07:02 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 629

I don't think too bad yesterday.

AT least 1st half Boro' made some half chances and Beeden had some work to do.

One thing I will give you - Its the worse game so far :)

By joetowny (Joe)2/1 15:20Thu Jan 2 15:20:28 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 693

LOL wanna bet.

By almost average 22/1 13:50Thu Jan 2 13:50:43 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 676

I seem to be a bit less negative about yesterday than others .
I felt Coalville looked a decent team . Good individual players and a well drilled organized team . The game was a bit dull but that was partly due to the fact that we have improved enough from our two previous meetings this season ( in which they twice took us apart ) to give them a game , but not enough to beat them . There's no doubt in my mind we've improved over the last month in terms of being competitive at the top end of the table . I don't expect us to get promoted this season but we're definitely moving in the right direction on the pitch , it just isn't always pretty .

By joetowny (Joe)2/1 15:36Thu Jan 2 15:36:01 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 684

cant argue with much of that
we really needed to improve
which we have slowly done to be fair
have not seen the new guy ( midfielder ? ) who is suspended
going on yesterday two or maybe three of our players looked a wee bit out of their depth
compared to the opposition. in other words outclassed.
also my major gripe was the lad Powell was endlessly confronted by TWO THREE or even FOUR
of the opposition which on several occasions he saw off with little or no backup
SO what the F##k were his freed up team mates doing ( HIDING ?) thats what i ask
anyway tbf on the day a point earned

By VS Town (VS Boro)2/1 18:19Thu Jan 2 18:19:33 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 617

Tactics/individuals

1 - Defenders get rid of ball anywhere.
2 - Long throw, free kicks (and understandably corners) into box at every opportunity; at earliest opportunity.
3 - Run with ball until shooting chance comes about, or outnumbered.
4 - Any free kick within eye-sight of goal must result in a shot.
5 - Pretty step overs that result in nothing.

2) worked at Tamworth, but how often over a season?

What was evident yesterday was how a) players could not protect the ball when in possession allowing the opposition to step between the player and the ball and then draw a foul.

Maybe harsh, but the players Boro' have are playing at their standard.
If promotion is achieved (on current evidence) only 1 being of of Conf-North quality (and he saves penalties); perhaps 2 or 3 others at a push.

By stone ragma2/1 18:48Thu Jan 2 18:48:56 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 613

On paper we have some decent players, think JG is tactically quite limited, possible that a more tactically astute Manager could get more from the players we have ! Liken us to Arsenal under Emery, compared to Arsenal now under Arteta, same players vastly different performers under new Management

By joetowny (Joe)2/1 19:38Thu Jan 2 19:38:18 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 616

we can all ( including me ) come up with reasons good and bad
as to our fortunes/prospects/good points and bad points.
i never assume.
football is notorious for making experts in the game look foolish let alone the ordinary fan base.
sometimes you get it right sometimes wrong
the one thing i will say about it is that the xmas /new year period is notorious for fortunes changing
teams that looked promotion certs go to pot
teams that looked dead and buried suddenly find their mojo.
i suspect this time round will be no different
management.... this seasons fall guys were yesteryears flavours of the month.

By boropod (BoroughPod)2/1 18:09Thu Jan 2 18:09:38 2020In response to Re: "Bus Stop in Thringstone. You're just a ..."Top of thread

Views: 619

There is still little creativity from midfield, either they are bypassed by hoofing it, or run into a wall of defenders.

worst forum poster ever

Previous thread: Bad day at the away office again !!!!! by blueandwhitemad4/1 17:12Sat Jan 4 17:12:01 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.