ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hypothetical playoff scenario by VS TownToday 08:22Today at 08:22:56view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Face in the crowd by almost average 212/1 10:58Sun Jan 12 10:58:14 2020view thread

Belford departure

By stone ragma10/1 18:32Fri Jan 10 18:32:42 2020

Views: 1067

Announced on twitter

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Belford departure

By Hullablue10/1 18:33Fri Jan 10 18:33:43 2020In response to Belford departureTop of thread

Views: 976

Yes, last night;-))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By stone ragma10/1 18:34Fri Jan 10 18:34:56 2020In response to Re: Belford departureTop of thread

Views: 959

😂😂😂

By joetowny (Joe)11/1 09:11Sat Jan 11 09:11:12 2020In response to Re: Belford departureTop of thread

Views: 869

shit happens
time to move on
new day
new challenge
some six pointers to play for
this season is still there up for grabs

2 people like this 2 people

The king is dead....

By VS Town (VS Boro)11/1 09:56Sat Jan 11 09:56:55 2020In response to Re: Belford departureTop of thread

Views: 852

Okay, perhaps not the king, but certainly a leading figure in the regime :)

Just something to consider.

What other profession would you have your manager shouting and ranting at you like that in public (or even private).
If that did happen you would most certainly be within your rights to make complaints at a higher level. If you were not happy you would make an effort to leave (but many footballers are tied by contracts).

Re: The king is dead....

By bert's dad11/1 11:02Sat Jan 11 11:02:22 2020In response to The king is dead....Top of thread

Views: 803

Think you would find work place bullying would void the contract

By VS Town (VS Boro)11/1 11:21Sat Jan 11 11:21:26 2020In response to Re: The king is dead....Top of thread

Views: 771

It's very difficult to prove.

To claim "constructive dismissal" you have to walk out then fight afterward.

Another kid who does not want the shirt

By boropod (BoroughPod)11/1 11:37Sat Jan 11 11:37:33 2020In response to Re: The king is dead....Top of thread

Views: 912

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatonboroughfc/news/booker-signs-for-nuneaton-griff-2501713.html

worst forum poster ever

Re: Another kid who does not want the shirt

By mark-nbfc11/1 12:08Sat Jan 11 12:08:43 2020In response to Another kid who does not want the shirtTop of thread

Views: 704

Players 'dont want the shirt'. They want to play football. The club doesn't matter. That attachment might develop over time, but it isn't there from the start.

---
https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

By boropod (BoroughPod)11/1 14:04Sat Jan 11 14:04:48 2020In response to Re: Another kid who does not want the shirtTop of thread

Views: 603

Just to clarify, I was replying to Joes comment about that he would rather have a kid that wants the shirt etc.
I Just posted a link that shows a second kid has left this week so really at this level you wont get any loyalty from anyone.
I'm not blaming anyone for leaving for first team football.

worst forum poster ever

By VS Town (VS Boro)12/1 09:56Sun Jan 12 09:56:03 2020In response to Re: Another kid who does not want the shirtTop of thread

Views: 426

I suspect these lads have moved U21/U18 teams in hope they may progress to 1st.

Very quick search and neither featured yesterday.

Another kid who wants to play football

By VS Town (VS Boro)11/1 11:51Sat Jan 11 11:51:53 2020In response to Another kid who does not want the shirtTop of thread

Views: 669

Not at all
He wants to play men’s football at the highest level.

He (like all players) have no real attachment to the club.

I feel now is the right time for me to make the step up into senior football.”
However, to get this he has to drop down two three levels.

Like players before him, if he develops he could well return.

Re: Another kid who wants to play football

By stone ragma11/1 11:56Sat Jan 11 11:56:27 2020In response to Another kid who wants to play footballTop of thread

Views: 633

These young players less likely to leave if they feel there is a path to progress, if they don’t feel they will be given that chance they will leave and go elsewhere

By VS Town (VS Boro)11/1 12:09Sat Jan 11 12:09:49 2020In response to Re: Another kid who wants to play footballTop of thread

Views: 627

So, 20 lads are going to stay “in hope”.

Many young lads see the path to progress as dropping down a level.
Many young lads just want to play at the best level
Most young lads just want to enjoy playing football

If Boro had discovered a gem then chances are they would have moved on by now.

Perhaps they also bought into the “progress to first team” and missed out the very big “can” in the front.

I also know that another local(ish) club lost players because it was too expensive, too much commitment required (not full time and education and other things important).

Edited by VS Boro at 12:10:19 on 11th January 2020

By stone ragma11/1 12:26Sat Jan 11 12:26:29 2020In response to Re: Another kid who wants to play footballTop of thread

Views: 607

Of course they won’t all progress, but you have to be prepared to give chances to the one or two that could make it, something the Boro have not always done, in the 70’s we gave the chance to Peake, Stephens the Thomas brothers, Wilkin gave chance to Dean, Armson, Nisevic more because of circumstances, but we have also lost a good number who went on to make it with other clubs

By VS Town (VS Boro)11/1 12:55Sat Jan 11 12:55:31 2020In response to Re: Another kid who wants to play footballTop of thread

Views: 572

in the 70’s we gave the chance to Peake, Stephens, the Thomas Brothers

Yep - 50 years ago - Football not changed one little bit.

Wilkin gave chance to Dean, Armson, Nisevic more because of circumstances
And that was following a very successful season in a stronger youth league than at present.
Also that was in a league below. Were you at Leamington when Nisevic was all over the place.

For 3 seasons Boro' had an academy - What are these players doing now?

What happened to the lad Brian Reid signed up from the youth team?
What happened to the lad who went to FGR a few seasons age (Washborune?)

The saying is "if good enough, then old enough" and not "if young then good enough"

How do you stop young players moving on?
Why didn't Rhomulus stop the lad who went to FGR moving to Boro (and now sitting on the bench at Hereford)?

By Hullablue11/1 17:07Sat Jan 11 17:07:42 2020In response to Re: Another kid who wants to play footballTop of thread

Views: 580

Back at FGR from Herethug btw

By stone ragma11/1 12:57Sat Jan 11 12:57:10 2020In response to Re: Another kid who wants to play footballTop of thread

Views: 580

How do you know if a player is ready unless they get chances ?

1 person likes this 1 person

By Hullablue12/1 00:22Sun Jan 12 00:22:29 2020In response to Re: Another kid who wants to play footballTop of thread

Views: 552

By letting them earn that chance.

Not everyone has the right to a chance.

I never got the chance to prove I was good enough to play for Boro. Because I didn't prove I was worth that chance.

That is how this world works.

By joetowny (Joe)12/1 09:19Sun Jan 12 09:19:00 2020In response to Re: Another kid who wants to play footballTop of thread

Views: 432

so you took up debating :-) ;-)

By VS Town (VS Boro)11/1 12:59Sat Jan 11 12:59:09 2020In response to Re: Another kid who wants to play footballTop of thread

Views: 598

GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES.

by watching how they perform against peers (and the standard of that in comparison to 1st team league) and watching them in training.

Anyway - I must go. JG wants me to play today to see if I am good enough.

1 person likes this 1 person

By joetowny (Joe)11/1 10:13Sat Jan 11 10:13:58 2020In response to The king is dead....Top of thread

Views: 816

as i have said previous
best when you leave to just go, say nowt.
one thing i will say
if you dont want to play for this club and take OUR monies
tell Jimmy, he can drop you and transfer list you
i would rather support a kid who wants the shirt, that i can stomach

on the other hand if you DO then roll your sleeves up get out there and do the business

By boropod (BoroughPod)11/1 10:06Sat Jan 11 10:06:54 2020In response to The king is dead....Top of thread

Views: 777

Be interesting to see how the team respond to this weeks departures, criticism and the poor performance at KL.
On paper its another tough fixture.

worst forum poster ever

Edited by BoroughPod at 10:07:44 on 11th January 2020

By VS Town (VS Boro)11/1 12:56Sat Jan 11 12:56:57 2020In response to Re: The king is dead....Top of thread

Views: 578

Surely, if events of this week will change attitude/performance then something wrong (unless Belford put fear into minds).

Will be interesting difference in styles today. Banbury certainly wanted to play football on the ground earlier this season - perhaps too much.

By joetowny (Joe)11/1 12:23Sat Jan 11 12:23:10 2020In response to Re: The king is dead....Top of thread

Views: 610

fwiw i think the players have to some degree gone under the radar
we have tended to blow hot and cold
off the field events have overshadowed or even been blamed for performances
be very interesting to see how it goes from here on in.

Previous thread: Belford gone by BobbyDazzler9/1 22:51Thu Jan 9 22:51:45 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.