ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Depressing news from Atherstone United. by MJNBYesterday 20:19Yesterday at 20:19:01view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: BSC Semi-Final by NBFC29/1 16:17Wed Jan 29 16:17:47 2020view thread

Nigel Julien

By NBFC (CoxyNBFC)25/1 17:52Sat Jan 25 17:52:20 2020

Views: 941

Surely it’s time for him to go back to Barwell now

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Nigel Julien

By bert's dad25/1 19:06Sat Jan 25 19:06:58 2020In response to Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 783

Bit harsh it was always a risk playing a left footed player at right back. We need an orthodox right back to allow Edmunds to attack. Today we lost to a better team who were better organised and quicker. Breedon kept us in the game with three crucial saves. We looked disorganised without Powell and Benbow. Second half was better and more even shame that we gave away a silly penalty but that was the result of the gamble at right back.

By TheOne&Only25/1 21:41Sat Jan 25 21:41:04 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 656

I agree with most of what you say however to say that we looking disorganised without Powell and Benbow is a bit tongue in cheek, because actually I think we also look disorganised when they play.

Benbow brings nothing but tap ins, penalty’s and free kicks.

Powell brings skill, pace and drive - but he point blank refuses to pass a ball.

Unfortunately there is no game plan or tactics by the looks of it, a centre half scored a Hatrick midweek yet was on the bench the game after? We play our two smallest players upfront and then hooof the ball up to them.

Watch what you wish for

By almost average 226/1 11:45Sun Jan 26 11:45:51 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 557

I'd take twenty tap ins , penalties & free kicks a season .
Powell is a bit hit and miss and he does need to play for the team more , but when he's on it he's a match winner at this level .
Benbow has been asked to play for much of the season in a way that doesn't suit him . He's often been asked to play as the lone striker . He doesn't have the pace or height to play that roll and the rest of the team haven't given him the support . I feel he's become frustrated by this and it's affecting his performances . He's a goalscorer . I also feel he's played a number of games nowhere near fully fit .
I think there's a real danger what little bit of quality we have is walking out the door , how long before DKE is off and is being replaced by bang average players for this level .

1 person likes this 1 person

Re: Watch what you wish for

By stone ragma26/1 12:02Sun Jan 26 12:02:35 2020In response to Watch what you wish for Top of thread

Views: 497

In the statement released by the club through the Co-op it said the contracted players would be off the books next season, so would appear unless they agree revised deals for next season the likes of DKE, Addison, Belford and Obeng will not be at the Boro.

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/1 23:02Sat Jan 25 23:02:07 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 578

It’s always the ones not playing tha are missed.

Boro been woeful with these over the season.

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)25/1 18:05Sat Jan 25 18:05:21 2020In response to Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 814

Please!!

By mark-nbfc25/1 18:22Sat Jan 25 18:22:08 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 782

Nope.

Boro fans nominated scapegoat. I wonder why...

---
https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

By MJNB25/1 18:48Sat Jan 25 18:48:58 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 721

I think I know what you’re getting at.

Whilst scapegoating isn’t necessary, people are allowed to think someone is shit whether they are white or black, and entitled to say so.

By mark-nbfc25/1 18:53Sat Jan 25 18:53:27 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 713

Indeed, but with Julien I feel it is unwarranted. Boro fans always seem to need a scapegoat.

---

By almost average 225/1 19:38Sat Jan 25 19:38:39 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 647

I think Julian has had some unfair criticism but today he was poor , but there again so where most of the rest of them . I feel it's telling that he was clearly signed as one of Jimmy's player yet he hardly ever starts . This says a lot about his performances .

2 people like this 2 people

By bert's dad25/1 19:14Sat Jan 25 19:14:13 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 674

I actually think that Julienne is a decent player on the left. Moving to 4-4-2 at halftime improved things

By Lord of the Manor25/1 19:18Sat Jan 25 19:18:21 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 653

I think we've been so spoilt in the past with decent players we still expect the same.
Players who play in this league do so for one reason. Get used to it cos it ain't gonna get any better any time soon.

By stone ragma25/1 19:27Sat Jan 25 19:27:54 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 662

There are some half decent players in this league though, still find it odd that JG has not been able to find another half decent striker to help out Benbow, been a shortfall all season, there must be some decent strikers who don’t want paying a fortune, not all about the money

Edited by stone ragma at 19:30:39 on 25th January 2020

By mark-nbfc25/1 21:36Sat Jan 25 21:36:24 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 598

Almost like JG might have been busy with other things as well as the first team? ...

---

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/1 23:05Sat Jan 25 23:05:39 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 534

That’s a too easy excuse and no valid.

His assistant has been a manager at this and two levels up.
His other assistant knows his way round.

At this level it’s usually “any chance of me joining” of “do you fancy joining”.

By joetowny (Joe)26/1 07:37Sun Jan 26 07:37:08 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 495

its a difficult one
insomuch as Jimmy is lord and master
i dont know offhand of one dissenter where J is concerned
he saved the club, he is running the club
it is beginning to sound more and more like he needs help.
personally i would like to see him hand the playing side over to a manager
the problem here is as i understand it he wants the opposite
ie someone to run the club whilst he keeps the team side roll.
not so sure on that scenario
how will it all pan out eventually?
your cleverer than me if you have the answer.
but it will have to be sorted one day. thats for certain

2 people like this 2 people

By stone ragma26/1 08:15Sun Jan 26 08:15:52 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 477

I guess the problems are, 1) would someone come in and run the club with JG still the owner, probably unlikely especially if it’s an unpaid role and that person has no real say. 2) if JG sells the club the new owner quite possibly would want to appoint a Manager of his choice

Edited by stone ragma at 08:16:41 on 26th January 2020

By stone ragma25/1 22:52Sat Jan 25 22:52:54 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 551

If he is struggling to do both it’s within his power to do something about that

By mark-nbfc25/1 22:57Sat Jan 25 22:57:33 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 541

He is trying to do just that...

---

By stone ragma25/1 23:06Sat Jan 25 23:06:40 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 582

By advertising for a Chairman ? A role probably no one would take given that it’s an unpaid role with no real say as JG would be owner

By mark-nbfc26/1 08:19Sun Jan 26 08:19:58 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 496

Lots of assumptions in that post.

Why don't you put yourself forward? You always seem to have the answers? Club crying out for volunteers at the mo?

---

By stone ragma26/1 09:11Sun Jan 26 09:11:56 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 478

I have volunteered in the past, at MP, before you were born

By mark-nbfc26/1 09:15Sun Jan 26 09:15:00 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 507

Excellent. Good to hear.

---

By boropod (BoroughPod)26/1 11:47Sun Jan 26 11:47:17 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 434

Sad to hear one again I and others can't have an opinion unless we currently volunteer.
I remember Howard Kerry telling me 'I've saved the club for you' when I asked what I thought was just a polite question.
Somthings never change it seems.
The Proles will just have to stump up every week and keep their gobs shut.

worst forum poster ever

By mark-nbfc26/1 13:34Sun Jan 26 13:34:02 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 415

When are proles successful? When they organise 👍

---

By mark-nbfc26/1 12:37Sun Jan 26 12:37:57 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 452

I haven't said that, so please don't put words into my mouth. You're reading into something that isn't there.

The problem with forums is that fans can write 'we should do xyz, why doesnt so and so do this?'.

And for me, it usually a simplistic answer to a complex questions, which doesn't take into consideration all of the factors.

I'm hardly 'in the know' now and only saw a glimpse of the amount of work ongoing to keep the club running, but I think Boro fans expectations on and off the field are still so wildly off the reality, it gets frustrating to read.

I also get the sense that *some* Boro fans revel in when things are seemingly going bad/wrong, and get something out of wallowing in it rather than trying to improve the situation.

Oh well.

Over and out.

---

By boropod (BoroughPod)26/1 12:53Sun Jan 26 12:53:08 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 433

Oh come off it! you've been repeating the same thing for weeks re volunteering, so I'm hardly putting words in your mouth.
As for revelling and wallowing, swap it for caring and concern.

worst forum poster ever

By mark-nbfc26/1 13:14Sun Jan 26 13:14:46 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 443

You are.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Would the club be in a better place if there was more people helping out? Yes.

---

By Lord of the Manor26/1 20:37Sun Jan 26 20:37:08 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 484

"Would the club be in a better place if there was more people helping out? Yes"

Now that would be a good question to start a thread.

By joetowny (Joe)26/1 18:21Sun Jan 26 18:21:41 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 404

fwiw Mark
i was having a job done a few months ago and the guy was interrupted
several times by his mobile phone.
he said "that phone never stops bloody ringing"
i said to him the time to worry is when it doesn't ring.
same goes on here
when there is no fans forum, no posters, no moaning, no criticizing or commenting
there will be no interest, no club.
i bet Jimmy wished he had 2000 fans on his back giving him advice after every game
if you get my drift.

By mark-nbfc26/1 18:28Sun Jan 26 18:28:23 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 396

Definitely get your drift Joe, and agree.

It's good that people are interested 👍

---

By boropod (BoroughPod)26/1 13:28Sun Jan 26 13:28:33 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 393

yes absolutley

worst forum poster ever

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)25/1 22:30Sat Jan 25 22:30:00 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 549

Then hand being manager over to someone else

By stone ragma25/1 19:15Sat Jan 25 19:15:16 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 677

Improved in what respect, we barely had an effort at goal all game

By boropod (BoroughPod)25/1 19:00Sat Jan 25 19:00:06 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 682

He's disappointed me most of the time.
To be fair to him he's not been given a settled position.
Today he fucked up twice in a few seconds and we've lost.

worst forum poster ever

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/1 18:27Sat Jan 25 18:27:21 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 724

Yep.
Whilst he was poor today, overall there are many who are frankly in the same catagory.

“Go back to barwell”.
They are roughly on par with Boro. Boro are the new Barwell.

By Wotnostrikers25/1 19:01Sat Jan 25 19:01:59 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 680

We shouldn’t just be looking at the players when searching for a scapegoat, someone at this club brings these players in and sends them out with to play in a certain way.

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/1 19:06Sat Jan 25 19:06:19 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 661

My argument exactly.

As long as players try to do their best.
They don’t sign themselves and don’t pick themselves.

By joetowny (Joe)25/1 20:18Sat Jan 25 20:18:11 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 613

dont like singling any one player out
especially with a thread that headlines his name
whatever ones take on any player
remember he was only part of a dismal display
you could easily name half a dozen or more who fall into the same category
its not on imo.

By Dougie825/1 21:17Sat Jan 25 21:17:09 2020In response to Re: Nigel Julien Top of thread

Views: 596

One player can not be blamed for the result. No one played well today except the goalkeeper. The penalty was unfortunate but if they had had their shooting boots on they could have had 5or 6 today. We were as poor today as we were good last week at Needham Market. I think about 13th will be our finishing spot. We are too inconsistent to finish higher.

Previous thread: Sam Ricketts by boropod26/1 19:18Sun Jan 26 19:18:10 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.