ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: FA cup 2nd qualifying draw by grimesyToday 19:15Today at 19:15:47view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Fixture congestion not us so off topic by almost average 228/2 14:22Fri Feb 28 14:22:43 2020view thread

This Jimmy IN or OUT debate

By MJNB25/2 12:31Tue Feb 25 12:31:26 2020

Views: 996

It’s a huge IN from me.

Both the BoroChat group (I had to leave coz it’s got so ridiculous) and the online fans forum are full of crap at times- myself included in that. Some are so pro Jimmy they can’t hear a single bad word said. Some are so anti Jimmy they can’t hear a single good word said.

I’m very much in the middle where I think we could be better on the pitch, although 9th is far from a disaster, but appreciate all Jimmy has done off the pitch and the club and community desperately needs him IN/to stay. There’s no alternative. He’s keeping the club alive!

For me, it’s a huge IN but he needs help. Whether that’s others offering more assistance off the pitch, or someone to help with the coaching/whatever, he needs to be here but he needs help rather than criticism!

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debate

By Hullablue25/2 15:34Tue Feb 25 15:34:47 2020In response to This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 801

Some are so anti Jimmy they can’t hear a single good word said.

I have seen nothing of this type of behaviour from a y Boro fan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not interested in your opinion" Tommy Wright, after 6-3 defeat at Blyth.

By MJNB25/2 17:48Tue Feb 25 17:48:48 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 693

I have.

In case you ask, no I won’t provide quotes/evidence to back this up, but there have been times when whatever he does will never be enough.

On the flip side, there are those who see no wrong.

By Hullablue25/2 19:48Tue Feb 25 19:48:06 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 640

Every Boro fan I have talked to who is critical of performances this season is grateful for his work off the pitch.

Every negative comment I have seen on here or Boro Chat is from someone who has said they appreciate what he has done off the pitch.

By Eileen Dover25/2 19:51Tue Feb 25 19:51:39 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 606

+1

By almost average 225/2 18:46Tue Feb 25 18:46:50 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 655

Isn't that the case with almost any manager . Look at the success KW had yet i know fans who are permanently negative about him .

By BlueEd25/2 15:13Tue Feb 25 15:13:10 2020In response to This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 761

As Chairman - IN

As Manager - OUT

He is sounding like he wants to stay as manager but if we got rid of him as manager then he would walk completely, very petty. If you throw your dummies out the pram after receiving criticism for losing to a team who have LOST 19 GAMES in a row then maybe you aren't cut out for managing a club with expectations at this level.

By Jebbs25/2 23:30Tue Feb 25 23:30:45 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 527

It's hardly petty!
Sounds like he wants to manage, if he's forced out by our fans then I'd expect him to go and manage elsewhere because that's what he enjoys doing.
I doubt people would want him as our chairman/owner if he was managing another team.

By BlueEd26/2 09:32Wed Feb 26 09:32:57 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 482

My opinion is it it petty, sorry if that differs.... is that now allowed?

From my point of view. I like the guy, what he has done for the club OFF the field has been fantastic. What he has done ON the field has been disappointing in my view.

I can only judge him by his time at the Boro as that's my interest and he appears to be much better for for THE CLUB as a Chairman and not a manager.

We had 350 at our last home game because the football is shit, we lost to a team of no hopers in our last game, l dont understand why the manager should be immune from criticism especially when he openly criticised the whole squad, most of which he signed....

By Jebbs26/2 10:03Wed Feb 26 10:03:36 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 476

I find it incredible you'd think it's petty if he walked away from a job he didn't come to the club to do or a job that he doesn't really want.
He came to manage. He wants to be a manager, if it ever happens that he no longer manages Boro are you saying he must remain at the club doing a job he doesn't want to do.?... if he leaves that job that he doesn't want then he's petty.?

Wow.

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/2 10:31Wed Feb 26 10:31:56 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 429

I have no idea what it has cost him to be club owner, so bare with me.

If it cost him bugger all, and is costing him the same now then surely it can be given away? There must be at least one potential.

Have the Boro not got a commercial department?

By animal26/2 12:52Wed Feb 26 12:52:38 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 397

A genuine question.

If it cost him nothing and still costs him nothing,why can't he give the club to the Trust and concentrate on managing?

We can then judge him on that alone and all the "he saved the club so leave him alone" crew will be irrelevant.

At the moment there is no chance that the owner will replace the manager however bad the results get to be. I will declare my hand and say that our current position is not a disaster, but not great given the opposition.

I agree that he did, and does, a great job of the field and had a massive part in saving the club,but what is the use, and future, of a club that is hemorrhaging supporters through the turnstiles?

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana .....

By Jebbs26/2 12:55Wed Feb 26 12:55:49 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 405

If it cost him nothing and still costs him nothing,why can't he give the club to the Trust and concentrate on managing?

First questions would be

Do the Trust want to run the club
Are the Trust ready to run the club

By animal26/2 13:12Wed Feb 26 13:12:18 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 403

What is wrong with asking the questions?
Maybe the answer would be yes?

I know that if I really did not want the job then I would explore every avenue. Maybe he has done that already?

By Jebbs26/2 13:17Wed Feb 26 13:17:12 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 410

Nothing wrong with asking questions.
Indeed, maybe the answer would be yes.
Maybe every avenue is being explored and maybe it has been done already.

By animal26/2 13:27Wed Feb 26 13:27:51 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 387

It would be interesting to have the answers to those questions.
A cynic might say that having your followers telling everyone that you did not, and do not, want the owners job,(but doing nothing to offload the job), makes you look good and makes your other job as manager bomb proof.
But then, I am not a cynic.

By Jebbs26/2 13:34Wed Feb 26 13:34:52 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 392

That would be something clueless idiots would say rather than cynics to be honest
Or possibly cynical clueless idiots would be a better description of those who say or think that.

I agree though, be interesting to have answers to those questions, be interesting to see if the Trust are in a position to run the club.

By Jebbs26/2 10:37Wed Feb 26 10:37:53 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 437

I have no idea what it has cost him to be club owner, so bare with me.

Nor me, let's leave other to guess/gossip on that one

If it cost him bugger all, and is costing him the same now then surely it can be given away? There must be at least one potential.

I think anything can be given away

Have the Boro not got a commercial department?

Someone keeps selling those ads around the pitch but I really don't have an answer

By BlueEd26/2 10:10Wed Feb 26 10:10:47 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 438

Wow indeed. But hes a much better chairman than he is a manager IMO and I don't see why the two roles have to be judged the same.

For me, as a manager he is not up to it.

As always, I'm happy to be proved wrong and have him lead us to promotion next season off the back of some scintillating football.....

By Jebbs26/2 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:05 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 425

For me, as a manager he is not up to it.

That's fine mate, that's your opinion and perfectly acceptable to have it.
I'm pretty sure JG would say exactly what I've said about your opinion.

By MJNB26/2 11:05Wed Feb 26 11:05:49 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 412

I really don’t think Jimmy is the problem, per se, management wise.

If his interview is to be believed, he himself would say he’s brought in some bad people/players who are taking us for a ride.

In my post the other day about why I’m not watching much, I alluded to the fact I didn’t find our squad particularly likeable and seemed to be here for a wage.

It seems Jimmy agrees.

Hopefully we have a huge summer clear out, he has a second go at recruitment, from scratch this time with no contracted players restricting the budget, and he gets it right. Then I may enjoy it more too. I’d give him the summer to have another crack at getting the right lads in.

3 people like this 3 people

By stone ragma26/2 12:03Wed Feb 26 12:03:25 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 407

Felt last pre season we were signing anyone and everyone who would come, some who didn’t play at all and others who played barely a handful of games, hopefully there is more of a plan this summer re signings

By almost average 226/2 13:57Wed Feb 26 13:57:05 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 386

Becoming the boro manager gave him the budget & pull to sign players he could probably never previously get at other clubs he's managed . Unfortunately he signed a lot of names who have failed to perform as expected and it's now being hinted at we're / are only here for the money and an easy ride . So what does he do now ?
Do the same again but this time try and find players with a better attitude or build a team on less money who want to play for the club and can be moulded into a team . Either way it's not an easy task and will test his management abilities . If he goes with the cheaper option it may also need the fans to make some compromises on the style of football they want to see and will they .

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/2 15:03Wed Feb 26 15:03:25 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 362

I don’t think it’s possible for me to compromise even more.

By stone ragma26/2 14:05Wed Feb 26 14:05:30 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 361

Compromises on style, I think it couldn’t be any worse style wise than it has been this season, apart from a handful of games the football has been poor

By almost average 226/2 14:12Wed Feb 26 14:12:05 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 351

Agree but that's why fans are unhappy this season we've achieved neither .
My point is to build a team that can win games and do it in a certain style without chucking money at it though not impossible , is extremely ( and that's an understatement ) difficult , and if that what fans are going to demand to keep attending we have a big problem .

By MJNB26/2 15:11Wed Feb 26 15:11:46 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 363

Fans demand different things so it’s always difficult

Some demand style and entertainment

I demand and expect them to give a shit, be prepared to grind results out, and play with passion. Admittedly my attendance this year has been minimal but at times, there’s been a total lack of desire and we need to eradicate that.

100 per cent effort with the odd bit of quality is enough to perform at this level.

By almost average 226/2 15:16Wed Feb 26 15:16:52 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 354

Giving a shit and showing passion is important to all fans i would imagine

By stone ragma26/2 14:44Wed Feb 26 14:44:28 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 361

Recent seasons we have tried bringing in young lads with potential to sell on under LT’s ownership, this season we have gone for players with experience, that hasn’t worked either, imo you need a plan of how you want to play and try to sign players to fit that, think that is where JG went wrong in the summer by just signing anyone and everyone he could get without any particular plan or style of football in mind

Edited by stone ragma at 14:45:07 on 26th February 2020
Edited by stone ragma at 14:45:38 on 26th February 2020

By almost average 226/2 14:52Wed Feb 26 14:52:11 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 357

That's how it also seems to me . Hopefully this summer he'll be better prepared , he's had a season to look at it a luxury not many managers have in the modern game .

By joetowny (Joe)26/2 14:35Wed Feb 26 14:35:38 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 392

the big problem i see with the present set up is how can you run a football club
when the manager is only answerable to himself !!!!
i dont get it

hold my hands up . . . . maybe im missing something big time

i would love for someone to come on here and explain it to me. . . . feel free. . . . anyone

btw im not having a go at Jimmy i just cant understand how it can work in a results business

cheers.

3 people like this 3 people

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/2 15:04Wed Feb 26 15:04:50 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 360

I suspect, in reality he does have others to answer to.

For whatever reason they don’t want to be formally connected.

By almost average 226/2 14:48Wed Feb 26 14:48:45 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 349

It can't , but as Jebbs has pointed out he doesn't want to do it all but no one else seems prepared to do the things he doesn't want to do . On the in or out debate it seems to me it's unfair to judge Jimmy until he can concentrate 100% on just being the manager , but he will then need to accept that fans will judge him on results / performances . I don't know Jimmy personally but i would suspect he's big enough to know and except that .

2 people like this 2 people

By stone ragma26/2 10:09Wed Feb 26 10:09:19 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 447

He chose to take on the ownership though, he wasn’t forced to do so

By Jebbs26/2 10:19Wed Feb 26 10:19:03 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 423

Yeah because there were loads queuing up for the ownership wasn't there.
Obviously he thought it was the best thing to do for the club at that time.

By stone ragma26/2 10:21Wed Feb 26 10:21:21 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 405

It was still his choice he wasn’t forced, yes he has done a good job in saving the club but that can’t be used every time there is a bit of criticism

By Jebbs26/2 10:33Wed Feb 26 10:33:24 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 407

Some people will continue to use the 'he saved the club' line , not sure for how long they'll do that.
Not sure anyone anyone in this thread is saying that though,

By stone ragma26/2 10:35Wed Feb 26 10:35:30 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 408

Granted not necessarily on here

By joetowny (Joe)26/2 10:27Wed Feb 26 10:27:27 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 402

i think he has done a 'brilliant' job in saving the club

that has nothing to do with the playing side of it though
its a football club at the end of the day if you get my drift

next season will imo tell us a lot more where if anywhere were going.
a little patience at this moment in time might be the clever option

By stone ragma26/2 10:34Wed Feb 26 10:34:12 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 402

Agree Joe, I said before season started we would finish mid table, I did expect the football we played to be better though, looking ahead to next season, JG said he doesn’t think club is ready for promotion on or off the pitch I wonder if this might put some potential signings off in the summer

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/2 11:11Wed Feb 26 11:11:14 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 383

Q - "put potential signings off"
A - £££££s

End of last season I would have said mid-table.
Start of this season I would have said top 5.

Not sure "not ready for promotion off the field" actually means.

As for "not ready for promotion on the field". There is a useful feature (called a league table) that highlights this :)

By bert's dad26/2 19:11Wed Feb 26 19:11:56 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 324

Start of this season I thought let’s wait and see. Then I saw first game and thought oh dear (or words to that effect). Benbow was our big signing but he didn’t look fit and certainly lacked pace and mobility. The defence looked suspect. Nothing has really changed. So I think a mid table finish is the best I expected and at one point I thought we were in for another relegation struggle. Things have improved but we are not as good as the top sides but should have done better against Redditch but failed to take chances - that happens. It’s not the end of the world and we should now be building for next season. Drop those who are not performing or not fit enough and play some youngsters.

By Vernon Slain26/2 11:05Wed Feb 26 11:05:50 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 408

It's all well and good that fans on here and elsewhere are giving their opinions on whether the manager/owner/chairman thinks this,that and the other but the manager has recently spoken for himself.
He stated publicly that he thought that five or six of his signings had brought their saddles to take a ride upon the back of his football club.
So,come this Saturday,the manager will show his mettle with his team selection given his recent stated opinion.
Before a ball is kicked,he is under massive pressure once again. Who does he pick ?

From Saint Jimmies's Park.

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/2 11:14Wed Feb 26 11:14:20 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 423

Who does he pick?

Perm 10 from 13 I would say.
10 that started Saturday plus Byrne and Goddard.

If players have been privately named and shamed then I don't see attitude changing because these will know if they will be at the club (if contracted) or out the club (pissed off JG) come the summer.

By joetowny (Joe)26/2 10:01Wed Feb 26 10:01:30 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 397

of course your opinion is allowed
your judgement is your own
who is to say you are wrong
not me or any other
praise or criticism is all part and parcel of any debate.
your corner is as good as the other mans corner...say what you think
too many in this day and age want to browbeat people into their way of seeing it.

By Hullablue25/2 23:59Tue Feb 25 23:59:32 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 537

Do you think the very very tiny level of dissent towards him as manager will drive him away?

My view is that a mountain is being made out of a mole hill.

By MJNB26/2 09:37Wed Feb 26 09:37:26 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 433

Agreed.

By VS Town (VS Boro)26/2 09:19Wed Feb 26 09:19:38 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 429

I tend to agree. From the (admittedly small) people I talk to/hear very few are 100% behind him as manager .

My view of him (football excluded) has changed. He does come across very well. I would be amazed if he treats criticism any different to any other manager and would surely not expect people to defend him on his part. I hope/expect he does take on board everything and is not influenced by his supporters.

I would also expect him to have belief in what he is doing and achieving.

I just hope he does not use “without me there would be no club” argument. Partly because that is (whilst possibly true) debatable but the same debate could be put to the two previous “owners” - both faced club closure before that came on board.

I am surprised he put blame (publicly at least) on players on several fronts.
One being that this season has been over for a while now so (other than those contracted for next season) can be shown the door (and one would expect most would want to stay).
The other being it tries to deflect from any part he has to play in this. If a manager can’t be praised for success or failure then why do clubs have managers?

By Jebbs26/2 08:53Wed Feb 26 08:53:47 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 436

If that tiny tiny level gets to a huge huge level then read my post again

: )

By Wotnostrikers26/2 05:42Wed Feb 26 05:42:18 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 480

I agree Hallablue it’s really just a few of us on a small forum voicing our discontent the majority of supporters who are unhappy with the playing side of the club will just gradually stay away and that is much more of a problem for JG.

2 people like this 2 people

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/2 15:22Tue Feb 25 15:22:58 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 682

This is his 1st club that is (historically/theoretically) fighting below its weight.
To fight above its weight then 2 promotions needed IMO.

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/2 13:15Tue Feb 25 13:15:27 2020In response to This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 797

think there are many who would like JG to leave (certainly as manager).
There are certainly some who want him to stay irrespective.

Some Facebook posts are embarrassing - no balance - he has to stay as he is JG. Team failings are not his fault as he saved the club and works hard
Blaming keyboard warriors whilst blaming players for bad team performances whilst not (to my knowledge) actually being there (or any/many games)

My view..........
I think he is probably too "old school" for me.
I wonder if (and dont take this too literally) Boro are too big or right for him. Sometimes managers just "fit" with clubs for a host of reason (Daish at Ebbsfleet vs Nuneaton; Wilkin at Nuneaton vs Wrexham).

I am NEVER keen on sacking a manager. I may not like what I see, but I 100% accept there are many other factors to take into consideration.
I also look at entertainment (rather than just results - why I was not a great fan of Wilkin (but praised season at this level)).
I actually liked the way Wright set up teams, but not Dino.
I (initially at least) loved Wilson approach.
I have to say I hate what I have witnessed this season.

So....... Do I want him sacked (if that even possible) - No, but has he under-perfomed / not met finances expectations? - This normally the measure.
Do I want a new manager - Yes.
So - there you have it. My arse is hurting sitting on this fence.

Edited by VS Boro at 13:18:12 on 25th February 2020

By TheOne&Only25/2 19:14Tue Feb 25 19:14:27 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 527

Prime example of the Facebook posts.. this was recently posted/commented

**Well said Granty. If they don’t like it they can fuckoff and support Beduff**

The only opinion that matters right at this time is if you support jimmy. If you have any other opinion, it’s that reply above.

Bored now with all of this.p

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/2 19:26Tue Feb 25 19:26:27 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 507

Seems the “fan base” is split.

The keyboard warriors that go to games are not happy with performance but fairly indifferent to the manager and with rational arguments for stay/go/dunno.

The keyboard warriors that don’t go to games are totally behind JG and blame the players.

^^ summary - not absolute ^^

Classic I saw was likening Liverpool’s (near defeat) to WHU to Boro defeat to redditch.

Just read a post by a part time Boro supporter- excellent - put his head above Parfait.

Also - the classic “sod you - I’m leaving” post.

Edited by VS Boro at 19:28:39 on 25th February 2020

By joetowny (Joe)25/2 17:44Tue Feb 25 17:44:48 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 586

Bring Back Daish i say :-) ! ! ! ! !

id rather have Elwyn Roberts AAAAAGGHHH

( smile you miserable bastard )

By stone ragma25/2 13:08Tue Feb 25 13:08:49 2020In response to This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 738

Needs more help either in running the club to free him up to manage the team or a decent coach to work alongside him

By TheOne&Only25/2 13:07Tue Feb 25 13:07:36 2020In response to This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 715

IN for me at the moment..

I am and will be forever grateful for his behind the scenes work.. the club itself feels alive again, youth teams, events and some community backing for once.

That said.. manager of Nuneaton borough was his dream job so let him have a good shot at it - we owe him the chance. I’ve criticised him before and probably will continue to do so on certain aspects.. Saturday got to a few of us.. especially those that travel to away matches and watched it - so I was furious and got a bit ahead of myself.

No Vote

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/2 13:01Tue Feb 25 13:01:32 2020In response to This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 761

You say "He’s keeping the club alive!" ***

I read today that he is prepared to leave and "let someone else try to save it" and "club not ready for promotion"

Is the club still in intensive care, with only Dr Jimmy (on his own) stopping imminent death?

I am convinced we were told pre-season that what with people coming in, the Stockport game that it was back on even keel, hence the positive signings.

*** just a comment - where did you get this info from ;)

Edited by VS Boro at 13:02:21 on 25th February 2020
Edited by VS Boro at 13:06:43 on 25th February 2020

By boropod (BoroughPod)25/2 12:59Tue Feb 25 12:59:35 2020In response to This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 749

Out as manager for me, never liked his style of play.
I'm really not sure what has gone on behind the scenes as chairman but on the pitch we have/had quality players at this level that have been turned to shit, or confused, or something.
Perhaps we need to get someone in who can manage the better players we have, perhaps a joint managership with someone like Mark Cooper(we wish!).

worst forum poster ever

Edited by BoroughPod at 13:21:50 on 25th February 2020

By joetowny (Joe)25/2 13:34Tue Feb 25 13:34:07 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 736

clear the decks ( again ) and have one more shot at it.
remember Jimmy has never had what you would call money at a club until now
maybe he got a tad star struck with names
a kid in a sweet shop scenario
he might be a lot wiser next time around.
imo if he left now someone else would reap the benefit of his apprenticeship here
his big downfall not concentrating on just one job
as a football fan since the early 50's ( thats the 1950's )
i cant ever remember one pro/ semi pro club ever being run by one man having any kind of success
its not about whether JG is a good or bad manager IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.

Edited by Joe at 13:43:17 on 25th February 2020

By almost average 225/2 15:57Tue Feb 25 15:57:29 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 674

I'm a bit old school in so much as i believe managers should be given a full season unless things get really bad . I think he should be given next season , but i think he needs to have a serious look at his coaching staff and players . We clearly have a budget this season that should see us competing for the championship let alone promotion . I know things are not that simple but we are underachieving just based on that fact and he's the manager . We're emerging a lot of fans currently and that can't be allowed to continue .

By bert's dad25/2 17:19Tue Feb 25 17:19:39 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 640

Definitely IN. This is a season to recover. Midtable is an excellent position compared with the disaster that was last season. There have been some good performances and some disasters. Similarly there have been some good signings and some disasters. Now is the time to build for next season and give a couple of youngsters a few games. Still think we have not had a defensive right back all season - Edmunds is wasted in that position.

By MJNB25/2 17:49Tue Feb 25 17:49:31 2020In response to Re: This Jimmy IN or OUT debateTop of thread

Views: 585

Depending on how much of his wages are being covered elsewhere, just bring back Obeng and play him.

Previous thread: Richie Norman by MJNB26/2 15:07Wed Feb 26 15:07:03 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.