ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Drawing 2-2 by CockandBearToday 16:17Today at 16:17:23view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Interesting team by bert's dad31/3 09:32Tue Mar 31 09:32:02 2020view thread

Wages

By almost average 21/4 12:53Wed Apr 1 12:53:50 2020

Views: 673

With the poor old Premier leagues having to rely on the government to pay the tea ladies wages while continuing to pay their players tens of thousands a week it would be interesting to know if we have paid our players this month as i'd expect it would be due about now .

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Wages

By stone ragma1/4 12:56Wed Apr 1 12:56:38 2020In response to WagesTop of thread

Views: 596

I don’t know but suspect players may been told to claim from Government

1 person likes this 1 person

By Halftime1/4 13:28Wed Apr 1 13:28:49 2020In response to Re: WagesTop of thread

Views: 557

Are they classed as self-employed? If not they can't claim for the government. Employed has to pay them and then claim it against PAYE as i understand it.

THIS ^^^

By VS Town (VS Boro)1/4 18:13Wed Apr 1 18:13:23 2020In response to Re: WagesTop of thread

Views: 468

A very valid point that I forgot.

Boils down who is paying Tax & NI
If the club are not then they should be classed as self employed.
If the club are, then the players MAY be paying too much tax.

I would GUESS non-contract players would be paid gross as PAYE would be difficult on a week-by-week basis.

In fact, I would say it makes sense to all that only full-time players are on PAYE.

I also believe that the likes of Kane are not employed by Spurs.
They are employed by a holding company, and the holding company are paid by Spurs.
When you earn loads, it's easier to avoid tax.

^^^ This guess comes from discovering that Phil Collins (at the height of his career) only earned something like £40,000/year. However the company he worked for earned millions and paid dividends to owners of that company and paid for hotels, homes, cars, transport.

By stone ragma1/4 14:57Wed Apr 1 14:57:32 2020In response to Re: WagesTop of thread

Views: 522

Why would they be self employed, they are employed to pay for Boro ?

By Halftime2/4 07:13Thu Apr 2 07:13:45 2020In response to Re: WagesTop of thread

Views: 402

I wasn't implying that the players are self-employed, I was asking the question as it was stated that the players could claim from the government scheme. The point I was trying to make was that if that if they are employed the club then the club has to pay them the 80% first and then claim it back on their PAYE return. They can only claim direct from the government if they are self-employed.
There is a lot of misunderstanding that if a company furloughs its employees the government steps in. That is not the case, the company has to pay them first. This is causing major problems because once you have closed the business down it wont have any income coming in to pay any wages unless it is sitting on a pile of cash.

By VS Town (VS Boro)1/4 18:14Wed Apr 1 18:14:58 2020In response to Re: WagesTop of thread

Views: 486

Most will have other jobs who will also (probably) be PAYE.

If not self employed and paid gross by boro they they should be filling in tax returns (like I did when I has a second income from renting out a flat).

By stone ragma1/4 18:44Wed Apr 1 18:44:13 2020In response to Re: WagesTop of thread

Views: 417

As I understand it non league clubs collect the tax from players wages but this isn’t paid to HMRC weekly or monthly, clubs are expected to hold the money and it is collected by HMRC either half yearly or yearly, this is why you hear of clubs owing money to HMRC because rather than hold on to it they use the money collected and then don’t have it when HMRC ask for it.

By Dougie81/4 15:55Wed Apr 1 15:55:13 2020In response to Re: WagesTop of thread

Views: 441

If they are part time and have other jobs won't their 2nd employer be able to claim their wages through the Government.

By stone ragma1/4 15:57Wed Apr 1 15:57:28 2020In response to Re: WagesTop of thread

Views: 447

Would have thought so, not sure if you can claim for two jobs ie day job and Boro but should be able to claim for the one with main earnings

Previous thread: Step 5-6 seasons by stone ragma24/3 15:53Tue Mar 24 15:53:54 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.