ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Dover by stone ragmaToday 08:59Today at 08:59:17view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tony Breedon by stone ragma23/5 15:48Sat May 23 15:48:52 2020view thread

Season Tickets for the next season.

By Vernon Slain6/5 11:36Wed May 6 11:36:16 2020

Views: 793

If anyone is thinking of buying a season ticket for the next season we are open for,then I guess that the club would be more grateful than ever for any early cash payments that we could make.
Just passing on my own thoughts.

From Saint Jimmies's Park.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Season Tickets for the next season.

By stone ragma6/5 13:44Wed May 6 13:44:14 2020In response to Season Tickets for the next season.Top of thread

Views: 715

People aren’t going to buy season tickets for a season that may not happen

1 person likes this 1 person

By almost average 26/5 13:38Wed May 6 13:38:30 2020In response to Season Tickets for the next season.Top of thread

Views: 713

Can't see what the club can offer currently as next season is a complete unknown . I have lost about six games on this seasons , which i'm fine with if it helps the club , but there's no way i would buy for next season , at present .

2 people like this 2 people

By Lord of the Manor6/5 20:03Wed May 6 20:03:05 2020In response to Re: Season Tickets for the next season.Top of thread

Views: 654

After watching the drab football this season, a ST was never on the cards for next year anyway.

By VS Town (VS Boro)6/5 20:46Wed May 6 20:46:31 2020In response to Re: Season Tickets for the next season.Top of thread

Views: 615

Whilst 2018/19 was not the reason I didn't buy one last season I am so pleased I didn't (not for the saving I add).

Other than the Stourbridge game the whole experience was bad.

I saw on Facebook reference to Roberts era and how bad he was and how bad the season was.

Fact is. He took over a club that was in disarray (just like now), just been relegated to level 7 (just like now) and finished mid table (just like now).

I think memory is right.
Replaced Barton after swansea relegation season...... perhaps not as bad as 2018/19.

For Clarification.

By Vernon Slain6/5 22:09Wed May 6 22:09:29 2020In response to Re: Season Tickets for the next season.Top of thread

Views: 661

The point I was trying to make is if anyone was thinking about getting one then perhaps the club would be grateful if the early cash.
That was it.
I appreciate that many will have their views on getting one of not,that's understandable and fair enough. My point was addressing cash flow.

Re: For Clarification.

By OscarMinogue25/5 08:04Mon May 25 08:04:03 2020In response to For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 234

Bet victor is a website which has several football leagues informal. It includes Southern leagues information that is about for clarification and fixed results. You can also get essay service reviews to know about quality work. Join their website for more information.

By stone ragma6/5 22:37Wed May 6 22:37:50 2020In response to For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 628

The club couldn’t sell season tickets unless they knew there was going to be a season to watch, and at the minute that is very much in doubt

By Halftime7/5 07:30Thu May 7 07:30:23 2020In response to Re: For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 617

Surely selling a product that does not currently exist is contravening the trades descriptions act?

By Vernon Slain7/5 09:52Thu May 7 09:52:13 2020In response to Re: For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 557

I've been paying weekly into a local pub/restaurant during this lockdown. It helps his cashflow and we'll eat there when he reopens and there will be my bill prepaid.
There's several of us doing it,we don't want the facility to go under.
Every little helps.

By Greg (NBFC)7/5 09:31Thu May 7 09:31:25 2020In response to Re: For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 575

An option would be for the club to sell season tickets for the next season that is played. If the whole 20/21 season is written off, they ticket coiuld be shifted to 21/22.

By Dougie87/5 21:03Thu May 7 21:03:01 2020In response to Re: For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 492

Will that season be played. All up in the air at the moment.

By stone ragma7/5 11:59Thu May 7 11:59:22 2020In response to Re: For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 543

Problem with that is if you use the money to keep club going in the intervening period there is no money left for when season starts again the following yr, you can’t sell same season ticket twice

Edited by stone ragma at 12:01:12 on 7th May 2020

By Vernon Slain7/5 13:14Thu May 7 13:14:33 2020In response to Re: For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 487

If the patient is going to need long-term treatment then I reckon that it's best that the patient is kept alive in the short-term.
It comes down to a personal choice does it not ?
If you fancy funding the club in advance,even with the risk involved,then I'm sure that they'll welcome it.
Glass half full/empty debate.

Edited by Vernon Slain at 13:15:06 on 7th May 2020

By stone ragma7/5 13:34Thu May 7 13:34:31 2020In response to Re: For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 456

You can keep the club alive but ultimately the club will need money to compete when the season starts the following yr

By Vernon Slain7/5 13:54Thu May 7 13:54:25 2020In response to Re: For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 470

Obviously.

By Vernon Slain7/5 09:53Thu May 7 09:53:09 2020In response to Re: For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 576

You've got it Greg.

Re: For Clarification / alternative to ST

By almost average 27/5 14:40Thu May 7 14:40:20 2020In response to Re: For Clarification.Top of thread

Views: 527

If anyone just wants to donate some money to help the club and they don't expect anything back or are prepared to risk it dont forget the club have a go fund me page .

Edited by almost average 2 at 14:42:33 on 7th May 2020

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/5 18:14Thu May 7 18:14:10 2020In response to Re: For Clarification / alternative to ST Top of thread

Views: 471

https://www.gofundme.com/f/nuneaton-borough-football-club-covid19-help?member=3928736&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2Binvitesupporters

£282 of the target of £3000 raised.

By joetowny (Joe)7/5 15:55Thu May 7 15:55:41 2020In response to Re: For Clarification / alternative to ST Top of thread

Views: 503

if and i say IF it came down to donating to keep the club alive
would you donate ( again )
under the circumstances i would
not for everyone i understand that
but i believe that with a little bit of maneuvering
that day might be some time off
i stress again everything is in the lap of the gods
how this pandemic will end is anyone's guess
on this occasion logic cannot be used

By almost average 27/5 18:00Thu May 7 18:00:33 2020In response to Re: For Clarification / alternative to ST Top of thread

Views: 461

It would have to meet a number of criteria for me
Obviously i would have to be able to afford it without impacting negatively on my family . It would then really depend on how much was needed and for how long . No point chucking money into a bottomless pit but if it was realistically achievable then possibly .

By joetowny (Joe)8/5 10:52Fri May 8 10:52:22 2020In response to Re: For Clarification / alternative to ST Top of thread

Views: 483

its not just about NBFC or just football its about all sports
where and how it will end.... who knows
think we could all do with a big slice of hindsight.
might ask one or two in the media they seem to have plenty on offer

By almost average 28/5 11:21Fri May 8 11:21:13 2020In response to Re: For Clarification / alternative to ST Top of thread

Views: 473

It's going to go on till we eventually get a cure , despite encouraging noises there are disease they have been working on for decades and still haven't found one for or they decide there's enough of a herd immunity within society to live with the risk similar to the flu and other things that can kill you . How long this will all take and how long football > sport > the leisure industry can survive in the meantime , who knows .

By VS Town (VS Boro)8/5 13:49Fri May 8 13:49:19 2020In response to Re: For Clarification / alternative to ST Top of thread

Views: 411

Remember the good old days when you (and me) were questioning the logic of cancelling the Hednesford game :)

By almost average 28/5 14:32Fri May 8 14:32:13 2020In response to Re: For Clarification / alternative to ST Top of thread

Views: 451

When i think of the things Boro related i used to get annoyed about . Losing to sides like Luton & Bristol Rovers , was i insane .

By joetowny (Joe)9/5 12:10Sat May 9 12:10:52 2020In response to Re: For Clarification / alternative to ST Top of thread

Views: 394

was i insane ?
yes :-) definitely

halcyon days

i loved every glorious minute
much rather be punching above my weight.
cant ever take it away from IN/ KW and the boys what they achieved
to go top of that league was the equivalent of Bournemouth going top of the premier.

all i will say is football has a habit of going in full circles. fortunes change.
stay positive.

Previous thread: Tom Elliott by Beduff blue24/5 20:26Sun May 24 20:26:15 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.