ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Tamworth tickets. by Dougie8Today 15:13Today at 15:13:55view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Conor Gudger by stone ragma16/6 15:03Tue Jun 16 15:03:11 2020view thread

Reece Styche signs

By MJNB21/6 16:17Sun Jun 21 16:17:36 2020

Views: 723

For Buxton

Same level as us.

Would have been a good signing, although he seems to change clubs often so maybe not a great influence, who knows.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Reece Styche signs

By stone ragma21/6 16:51Sun Jun 21 16:51:50 2020In response to Reece Styche signs Top of thread

Views: 658

Seem to be signing a few experienced players, also signed Brogan from Spennymoor and Killock from Alfreton, guess a few quid in wages being spent

Callum Powell signs for Buxton

By MJNB21/6 17:15Sun Jun 21 17:15:56 2020In response to Re: Reece Styche signs Top of thread

Views: 640

No text

No suprise

By VS Town (VS Boro)22/6 11:47Mon Jun 22 11:47:34 2020In response to Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 509

It sound like £££££££££££££s (and I don't blame anyone for taking what they can).

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatonboroughfc/news/powell-departs-boro-for-buxton-2544358.html

its about 2 hours from Coventry to Buxton........ long way for part time football, but if "compensation" makes up for that,

Re: No suprise

By almost average 222/6 15:03Mon Jun 22 15:03:39 2020In response to No supriseTop of thread

Views: 437

NPL looks like it will be a very competitive league next season . With three clubs who regularly pull 1000+ gates , three or four who seem to have cash to chuck around and one or two others who could also come into the reckoning , and of course only two can go up .

By MJNB22/6 15:53Mon Jun 22 15:53:07 2020In response to Re: No supriseTop of thread

Views: 451

I may be tempted to take in the Radcliffe v Buxton game if/when that happens.

Can be there in about 45 mins for Fowler, Obeng and Belford vs Elliott, Styche and Powell.

No doubt be more added to the mix.

Edited by MJNB at 16:06:21 on 22nd June 2020

By boropod (BoroughPod)22/6 20:23Mon Jun 22 20:23:41 2020In response to Re: No supriseTop of thread

Views: 343

The daffs will still be out in Buxton, coldest place in England. Worked there for a month, lovely place but....................

worst forum poster ever

By stone ragma22/6 20:33Mon Jun 22 20:33:05 2020In response to Re: No supriseTop of thread

Views: 367

Used to go there every week as a rep, agree bloody cold

By stone ragma22/6 13:44Mon Jun 22 13:44:56 2020In response to No supriseTop of thread

Views: 385

Buxton chucking money around making some good signings for this level, give it a couple of months if Powell not in the team every week can’t see him making that journey 2-3 times a week to sit on the bench

By joetowny (Joe)22/6 14:07Mon Jun 22 14:07:46 2020In response to Re: No supriseTop of thread

Views: 410

is he the lad that went to Yeovil for a trial ?

By stone ragma22/6 14:20Mon Jun 22 14:20:10 2020In response to Re: No supriseTop of thread

Views: 394

Yes

Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/6 17:35Sun Jun 21 17:35:48 2020In response to Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 622

Oh well.

I know I am probably in the minority but no loss.
Someone who seemed to be playing for himself and not the team.

Can only remember two good performances; away at Bromsgrove and coming up on at redditch.

How many clubs is that now?

1 person likes this 1 person

By almost average 221/6 17:51Sun Jun 21 17:51:40 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 581

Agree . Seems a player who very much all about himself rather than the team which is probably why he's had so many clubs for a player of his age despite a decent level of ability .

By stone ragma21/6 17:49Sun Jun 21 17:49:28 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 535

Buxton his 8th

By Lord of the Manor21/6 17:54Sun Jun 21 17:54:50 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 567

Big loss 4 me .... Has pace and ability to create things, JG needs to replace and replace well.

By Dougie821/6 18:36Sun Jun 21 18:36:46 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 547

He has replaced him with Ravi Shamsi who hopefully will be better player than Powell who was very inconsistent. Could not beat the last man.

By stone ragma21/6 19:28Sun Jun 21 19:28:56 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 496

See Shamsi more a replacement for Benbow

By almost average 221/6 19:32Sun Jun 21 19:32:20 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 573

Shamsi can play as a wide attacking player , you could play him alongside a Benbow type player , with Lita openly saying he prefers to play central midfield these days .

By MJNB21/6 18:07Sun Jun 21 18:07:17 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 545

Agree.

Take on board VS and AA comments as they watch a lot more than I do, but he excited me when I saw him play.

Flair players and ‘dribblers’ always get unfair stick for being selfish or not being team players etc. He made stuff happen and was prepared to run at people. I liked him.

By VS Town (VS Boro)21/6 18:48Sun Jun 21 18:48:30 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 553

Pretty much a one trick pony, with end product missing all too often*
Cut in from the wing; keep cutting in until opportunity to shoot; goal sometimes came.

* perhaps (and I suspect it’s true) I have probably not truely appreciated the standard of players in this league and my expectations are too high.

By joetowny (Joe)22/6 09:44Mon Jun 22 09:44:21 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 475

yes i sort of agree with you here
probably stood out due to some shortcomings elsewhere.
big loss ???? very debatable at this moment, you hope your manager has /is signing better

*your last line. i do agree with you ref expectations.
we win! the're shit. we lose we're shit
think its called human failings. which we all have

By VS Town (VS Boro)22/6 18:06Mon Jun 22 18:06:28 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 350

My point being is that I am probably judging players like Powell with some of the talent that has been seen at Boro over the years.

He is probably a very decent player for this level, but there is a very good reason why he is playing at this level.

I am probably expecting too much from what is a poor league and a mediocre team within that league, but when I see comments like "great player".....

By mark-nbfc23/6 09:07Tue Jun 23 09:07:55 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 244

"I am probably expecting too much from what is a poor league and a mediocre team within that league, but when I see comments like "great player"....."

I think a lot of us fans probably did expect too much in terms of quality at this level. Hopefully with a season of watching it and also a long covid-19 enforced break, fans expectations may have changed too.

Although after watching some of the premier league games and the standard of football, I dread to think what our level will be like for the first few weeks!

---
https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

By stone ragma23/6 09:31Tue Jun 23 09:31:20 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 226

I do think though when we were in this league the last time the quality of player and quality of football played was much higher, in fact as a fan watching it was probably one of the more enjoyable seasons in the last 10-15 yrs

By VS Town (VS Boro)23/6 11:57Tue Jun 23 11:57:37 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 236

Yep - tend to agree.

Very attack minded team.

By MJNB23/6 09:54Tue Jun 23 09:54:06 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 240

whilst I agree, it's often about perception etc.

Last time we were in this league, we came UPWARDS in to it.

This time, we have come DOWNWARDS in to it.

So last time, the standard should have been higher than what we saw the season before. This time, it was always gonna be lower.

To me, barring the Conf National, the quality in a lot of non league is poor. Let's be fair, we only watch non league football (generally) because we are living in or from Nuneaton. If Nuneaton had a league side, we'd watch league football.

By stone ragma23/6 11:30Tue Jun 23 11:30:36 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 234

I take your point but I do still think standard is not as high as last time

By Wotnostrikers23/6 12:45Tue Jun 23 12:45:47 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 232

Definitely agree if last season was an indicator the standard at this level is much lower than it was.

By boropod (BoroughPod)23/6 16:50Tue Jun 23 16:50:01 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 229

Sort of agree, think level of Nat North had gone up and it now seems a bigger gap. We never looked a team from day one, good players bought in but did not gel at all.
We also need to get the basics right off the pitch next season.

worst forum poster ever

By almost average 223/6 20:14Tue Jun 23 20:14:05 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 238

There is actually a very good reason why the standard is lower , if it is . When we were last at this level there were three divisions now there's four and it was the Southern Premier that got split to achieve this . Eighty eight teams fishing in the same pool rather than sixty six will naturally lower the standard .

2 people like this 2 people

By joetowny (Joe)23/6 08:14Tue Jun 23 08:14:54 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 248

we're pretty well in the same ball park here.
think the " team " had several obvious shortcomings.
as in being above average.
we lost a decent right back never really replaced
left back always looked weak to me as did the goalkeeping department before Breeden
we were a striker short all season
midfield had issues
so all in all it all reminded me of the little dutch boy who put his finger in the dyke to stop the water
only for another one to appear somewhere else.

i believe JG is totally committed ( well i hope so )
i make no secret of the fact i would prefer a manager + chairman full stop
the perfect world rarely exists so lets hope this next time round
some of the issues as i see them are addressed.
others will im sure see things differently.

By MJNB22/6 10:16Mon Jun 22 10:16:45 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 427

I think some of the plaudits we got after winning games last season was rather positive.

Bromsgrove away for example the majority were proper lauding the performing, rightly so.

I think genuinely our fans ARE quite fair in giving praise when it’s due but also have certain expectations as well.

By stone ragma22/6 13:33Mon Jun 22 13:33:06 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 391

What we need next season is a team rather than individual players who put in a performance every now and again

By blueandwhitemad22/6 14:50Mon Jun 22 14:50:16 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 369

Hear hear spot on with that statement I have to agree 100%.

By almost average 221/6 19:25Sun Jun 21 19:25:59 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 538

No doubt he had a certain amount of ability and could produce the spectacular , but for me was a really frustrating player . Always seemed to go for the spectacular when there where better options available . If he could sort that out probably a pretty decent player ( at this level ) in there . Suspect he didn't really want to be here from about Christmas onwards and no point keeping unhappy players .

Edited by almost average 2 at 19:29:11 on 21st June 2020

By blueandwhitemad21/6 21:58Sun Jun 21 21:58:39 2020In response to Re: Callum Powell signs for Buxton Top of thread

Views: 524

Had loads of ability exciting player but so frustrating at times and lots of clubs to boot why?, but not such a big loss me thinks headless chicken springs to mind.

Previous thread: Has football learnt ? by VS Town21/6 16:57Sun Jun 21 16:57:38 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.