ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Boro vs Swindon by VS TownToday 09:03Today at 09:03:36view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: VAR by joetowny3/7 08:21Fri Jul 3 08:21:15 2020view thread

Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?

By apb1/7 12:15Wed Jul 1 12:15:14 2020

Views: 561

...looks like the club want feedback. Get voting!

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatonboroughfc/news/monday-night-football-have-your-say-2546463.html

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?

By blueandwhitemad1/7 18:09Wed Jul 1 18:09:34 2020In response to Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 385

Tuesdays for me extra days rest for the players . That much football being played elsewhere these days all week would it really make much differnce to our fickle fans and success starved die hard fans. Been low attendances ever since our move to Liberty Way anyway bar play off games and FA cup games and with recent events excluded the decline sadly continues despite all those new houses popping up everywhere.

By VS Town (VS Boro)1/7 12:39Wed Jul 1 12:39:14 2020In response to Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 473

There was a Monday trial a few years ago when IN was running the place.

Suddenly swapped back to Tuesday with no reason or warning.

Edit - seem to remember it was announced a switch to Monday but it never happened.

IIRC it was moved to Tuesday many moons ago due to conflict with pub indoor leagues.

Edited by VS Boro at 13:10:36 on 1st July 2020

By bert's dad1/7 19:55Wed Jul 1 19:55:40 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 323

Think it moved to Tuesday to give players chance to recover from Saturday game.

By Dougie81/7 18:24Wed Jul 1 18:24:05 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 372

Up until about 1980's we always played Monday Nights.

1 person likes this 1 person

By almost average 21/7 19:21Wed Jul 1 19:21:01 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 326

There's lots of things we used to do but don't mean we should go back to them . Reaching the first round of the FA Cup most seasons is an obvious exception .

By Dougie81/7 21:12Wed Jul 1 21:12:50 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 289

I did not say we should go back to it. Just stating a fact.

By almost average 21/7 21:35Wed Jul 1 21:35:01 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 282

Realised that after i had posted apologies .

By MJNB1/7 21:56Wed Jul 1 21:56:30 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 286

I voted Monday purely from selfish reasons.

If we play Monday, I can come down, stay at my mums, watch the Saturday (probably) an away game, take just one day off work and take in a second game.

A Tuesday rules that out.

Can’t see Monday’s happening though based on feedback so far

By stone ragma1/7 12:41Wed Jul 1 12:41:06 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 433

Wasn’t one of the reasons given as well that it gave the players longer to recover from the Saturday game

By VS Town (VS Boro)1/7 15:21Wed Jul 1 15:21:36 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 378

Tue/wed/thu football tends to be European and on BT.

Monday is FL and Premier on Sky.

To me - European only gets interesting at knock out stages and I don’t think I am alone as many clubs offer cheap tickets for group stage.

Tuesday is a no brained for me.
What advantages for Monday?

By almost average 21/7 15:29Wed Jul 1 15:29:34 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 401

Change just for the sake of change imo . I honestly don't see any benefits and it actually could be a negative in terms of player preparation .

By stone ragma1/7 12:17Wed Jul 1 12:17:59 2020In response to Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 460

Be good to go back to Monday as it used to be in the 60-70s

By 70s stalwart1/7 16:49Wed Jul 1 16:49:36 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 348

It was always Monday night in my day, but that was in the Dark Ages before the Premier League, when there were no live televised games. At that time, Mondays potentially maximised home gates, but as others have said, Tuesday is probably the best day now as it has the least conflict with live PL/Championship tv coverage.

KO times

By VS Town (VS Boro)1/7 18:00Wed Jul 1 18:00:56 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 357

We’re always 7:30 then, as transport routes improved it was changed to 7:45. Never really understood why.

By apb1/7 12:29Wed Jul 1 12:29:36 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 449

Seem to recall playing on Monday nights in the early 90s too.

Not sure when Tuesday's became the norm...?

By stone ragma1/7 12:44Wed Jul 1 12:44:06 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 427

I may well be wrong but I have it in back of my mind that change from Monday to Tuesday night happened when Brendan Phillips was in charge

By almost average 21/7 15:03Wed Jul 1 15:03:34 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 388

I'm sure as others have said it was trialed or proposed a few years back but the then manager probably Wilkin wasn't keen . Can see the only reason as doing this would be to increase attendances and with football on tv just about every night i really don't see it making any difference .

By stone ragma1/7 16:28Wed Jul 1 16:28:43 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 352

As I said before it always used to be Mondays then sometime 80s or 90s it was changed to a Tuesday and has been ever since

By apb1/7 19:59Wed Jul 1 19:59:57 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 302

A quick check on the excellent 'Town to Town' website for reference showed we were still playing Monday's in the 91/92 season - I'm sure everyone remembers Stroud & Marine (a Trophy 2nd replay which we inevitably lost!) gracing MP!? ;-)
There was also a Monday night 3-3 v Tamworth with Twigger & Straw scoring!

92/93 we switched to Tuesdays.

By MJNB1/7 22:58Wed Jul 1 22:58:25 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 275

We also trialled Friday night games at LW

I recall Solihull and possibly Southport in the 07-08 season

and the winner is

By almost average 26/7 17:26Mon Jul 6 17:26:25 2020In response to Re: Midweek games next season - Mon or Tues...?Top of thread

Views: 373

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneatonboroughfc/news/tuesday-night-football-for-boro-2547732.html

Previous thread: Supporters' Co-operative Volunteer Initiative by Anonymous4/7 20:31Sat Jul 4 20:31:28 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.