ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Highlights. by joetownyToday 16:21Today at 16:21:31view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Next season Who will we be playing ? by almost average 221/7 17:05Tue Jul 21 17:05:09 2020view thread

IMO - one the best players to represent Town

By VS Town (VS Boro)19/7 17:28Sun Jul 19 17:28:46 2020

Views: 770

Shane Byrne. From half way line

Currently Brackley 1-1 Gateshead.

Earlier Altrincham 3-2 Chester.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Brackley lose

By VS Town (VS Boro)19/7 18:12Sun Jul 19 18:12:28 2020In response to IMO - one the best players to represent TownTop of thread

Views: 603

5-4 on pens with 16 pens taken

Re: Brackley lose

By Lord of the Manor19/7 18:30Sun Jul 19 18:30:12 2020In response to Brackley lose Top of thread

Views: 587

According to the groundsman last pen was over the line 😉

Football gone mad

By VS Town (VS Boro)19/7 17:30Sun Jul 19 17:30:16 2020In response to IMO - one the best players to represent TownTop of thread

Views: 696

Huddersfield appoint Crowley 10 months ago with them looking doomed - They stay up and sack him.

Wrexham Watford appoint Pearson 8 (I think) months ago with them looking doomed - They have a fighting change to stay up, so they sack him.

Edited by VS Boro at 19:52:50 on 19th July 2020

Re: Football gone mad

By Hgblue19/7 19:36Sun Jul 19 19:36:11 2020In response to Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 529

Watford

By stone ragma19/7 18:03Sun Jul 19 18:03:51 2020In response to Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 593

The Huddersfield one is just crazy, he has done what they brought him in to do and then they sack him

By joetowny (Joe)19/7 20:50Sun Jul 19 20:50:10 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 490

thats football management.
zero tolerance
obviously the clubs are run by people who demand and expect more.
as i said on here the other day the guy at Norwich did not even have a dogs chance in the premier
at least they stuck by him .... for how long though ? we will see on that one
football management is about results results results
Huddersfield must think they can appoint someone better. sentiment doesn't exist

By stone ragma19/7 21:35Sun Jul 19 21:35:59 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 470

I would bet money Huddersfield end up worse off and get relegated next season

By joetowny (Joe)20/7 07:01Mon Jul 20 07:01:14 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 488

50 quid says they dont Davey
and thats without knowing the facts.
any manager getting the sack is about as big a shock as me not being named as the new Boro manager.
sorry ...... grow up lads. get real.
there is the fairy tale world of life and there is the real world ...the one i live in

gone are the days when say Lincoln playing in the old div2 ( the championship ) had a pipe smoking manager who
was in situ for 17 yrs. his name escapes me
btw how do you know what the chairmans thoughts are
for all we know he might be thinking " RIGHT thats it we cant go on like this, a total overhaul is needed "
wonder what their fans think ?
x. sweet dreams.

oh and btw i know im a cynical bastard ive learnt the hard way

Edited by Joe at 07:03:32 on 20th July 2020

By MJNB20/7 23:22Mon Jul 20 23:22:00 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 306

I work with 3 Huddersfield fans

They think it’s bollocks he’s been sacked. Not happy at all

By joetowny (Joe)21/7 07:04Tue Jul 21 07:04:16 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 309

M J .
as ever the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.
how many on here wanted JG as manager
how many on here still dont want him
i know several who still have doubts about him .... so what
how many still will not give KW the recognition he deserves or if so begrudgingly.
as ive said below its all about opinions and fans are not always the best indicators on that score
we think from the heart the owners its the head.
it might well be a bad decision on the clubs part. im not privy to the reasons for the sackings
as ever time will tell

By stone ragma21/7 08:54Tue Jul 21 08:54:33 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 291

Seems was partly down to a disagreement on transfers, Cowley wanted to do a “ Burnley” and build a squad based on British players the owner wanted to bring in foreign players

By almost average 220/7 15:04Mon Jul 20 15:04:43 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 353

Does happen in all industries that people are brought in to achieve a certain goal and once achieved they get replaced . Doing a bit of reading up it appears results were ground out to keep them up , three 0-0 on the bounce at one point , but sometimes that's what's necessary . They don't now see the Cowleys as the men to take them forward , Leeds United assistant manager is the favourite . Does seem they did what they could with what they had at their disposal . They probably need a club were the fans are just happy to be successful but aren't really cared how it's achieved . Lincoln probably fell into that category after how far they had fallen . One thing's for sure they will get a big payout from Huddersfield and it shouldn't be long before there back in another job , just with their professional pride a bit bruised .

By stone ragma20/7 15:23Mon Jul 20 15:23:02 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 357

So they sack a Manager with experience who has kept them up and are going to appoint an assistant from Leeds who has never been a Manager before 🤔🤔🤔

By almost average 220/7 16:07Mon Jul 20 16:07:48 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 351

Yer but Carlos Corberan sounds much more exotic than Danny Cowley and surely that's what really matters in modern day football . The other names on there top 5 list are mind boggling . The chap just sacked by Bristol City , a manager who was sacked by Hull at the end of last season and Barnsley's manager who are below Huddersfield in the table ( though he does have an exotic name ) . The other is Ainsworth at Wycombe who might be worth a punt ( but doesn't sound very exotic ) .

Edited by almost average 2 at 16:10:26 on 20th July 2020

By Wotnostrikers20/7 10:44Mon Jul 20 10:44:52 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 407

Of course it’s easy for fans not connected to these clubs to call it crazy but I will bet the majority of Huddersfield fans are happy for the Cowleys’ to go.

By stone ragma20/7 12:05Mon Jul 20 12:05:08 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 407

He kept them up, and has a better record than Seivert the previous Manager, they looked certainties for relegation when he took over so I’m not sure they are all happy to see him go, put it this way we were looking certain for relegation when JG came in, if he had kept us up that season would you be glad if he had then been sacked !!

Edited by stone ragma at 12:08:32 on 20th July 2020

By Wotnostrikers20/7 17:28Mon Jul 20 17:28:44 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 345

But he didn’t, am I missing something.

By stone ragma20/7 18:51Mon Jul 20 18:51:32 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 323

If he had would you have wanted him sacked ? You are saying Huddersfield fans are glad Cowley was sacked, as I said not many Boro fans would have wanted JG sacked in those circumstances

By joetowny (Joe)20/7 20:50Mon Jul 20 20:50:44 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 311

with all due respect to anyone on here
we do not know what has gone on inside the Huddersfield club.
that is the point i was trying to get across.
the people who own/run it believe they can get better in.
who are we to argue
i never rated David Pleat yet look what he achieved.
why did i not rate him because talking to him i thought he talked out his arse.
he fucked up the job here after a bright start.
i was glad to see the back of him
i might well have been in the minority but like that tosser Daish that was my opinion.
i cannot think of one reason why i would change my mind about the pair of them
just like a certain Tommy Wright was judged a tosser on here. opinions opinions opinions
thats what the game is all about.
sometimes your right smetimes your not
nuff said on this one for me.

By stone ragma20/7 21:03Mon Jul 20 21:03:32 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 330

Owners/ Chairman are renown for making dumb decisions

By Wotnostrikers21/7 09:34Tue Jul 21 09:34:27 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 305

No danger of Boro’s owner/chairman sacking his manager whatever the fans opinion.

By almost average 219/7 21:42Sun Jul 19 21:42:42 2020In response to Re: Football gone madTop of thread

Views: 438

I'm sure there will be plenty of clubs interested in the Cowleys , might even end up with a better job than Huddersfield . Does seem a crazy decision .

Previous thread: Pre season by stone ragma18/7 13:43Sat Jul 18 13:43:31 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.