ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Stratford Town @ H FA Cup by VS TownToday 18:14Today at 18:14:49view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Newquay AWAY by MJNB22/4 09:18Wed Apr 22 09:18:26 2020view thread

Droylsden

By stone ragma6/8 11:11Thu Aug 6 11:11:34 2020

Views: 490

Have withdrawn from Northern Prem due to financial problems caused by Covid

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Droylsden

By VS Town (VS Boro)6/8 13:05Thu Aug 6 13:05:01 2020In response to DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 401

Seems biggest factor was the loss of the social side of things.

The clubs that rely on their bar (particularly If used on non match days) will be hit worse

By MJNB6/8 22:07Thu Aug 6 22:07:53 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 261

That bar did well out of me over the years!

By stone ragma6/8 13:16Thu Aug 6 13:16:08 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 389

More will follow, clubs are selling season tickets but there is no guarantee when the season will start and when fans will be allowed back, I see Boro said yesterday that the Southern League will not start till fans are allowed back, I can’t see the season starting on Sept 19th and October might be optimistic as well.

By almost average 26/8 15:09Thu Aug 6 15:09:33 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 333

The date in September is the date leagues are allowed to start , but not when fans will be allowed back . The National league have already put their start date back into October and other leagues have starting telling their clubs the Sept date isn't likely as clubs are assuming it's going to happen then , even a club the size of Arsenal are making staff redundant .
In a telling move yesterday . The BCD procedure only applied to clubs at step 6 ( Griffs level ) and above . There where a number of incidences of pre season games played Saturday at lower levels than that attracting crowds of 100+ boosted by ground hoppers and such like . The FA have now told clubs at all levels games must be BCD if possible , obviously some teams play in open public areas like parks , so impossible to police .
Football at our level will not return before crowds are allowed back and when will that be ?

By stone ragma6/8 15:14Thu Aug 6 15:14:27 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 316

That was my point, league could start Sept 19th but won’t because crowds won’t be allowed and even by October it must be doubtful they will be allowed crowds by then either

By almost average 26/8 15:22Thu Aug 6 15:22:37 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 312

Only my opinion but i'm not confident of competitive football at our level will restart before next year . It's up to the government and they have been prepared to destroy the travel / tourism industry and are well on the way to destroying the retail and theatre / cinema industrys . I really don't see them bothering much about lower level league sports .

1 person likes this 1 person

By VS Town (VS Boro)6/8 15:52Thu Aug 6 15:52:56 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 305

Whilst certainly no apologetic for this government what is the best policy?

Jobs and businesses at cost of lives
Lives at cost of businesses and jobs.

My biggest criticism is they over complicated and change minds too often.
I have no idea if I can visit my best friends uncle who has a an olde sister on every other Thursday because they used to support Leicester

By joetowny (Joe)7/8 09:42Fri Aug 7 09:42:14 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 215

what i will say on this one is
1) its a global pandemic its not a politically engineered situation
2) where do you stop in terms of saving jobs industries etc etc.
whatever your political persuasion Bankruptcy kills everyone
3) for example airlines are losing billions how far do you shore up a non existent product
and as for the entertainment leisure sector they have had it cushy for yonks
all good things comes to an end one day.
before anyone rips this government to bits i would take a good look around the world
this government was not elected on how well they would cope with a worldwide disease
they were elected for economic reasons.
the billions of debt being created has to be paid back by us all im glad im not the one having to make the decisions
im not politically motivated one way or the other, to me politics is a necessary evil
i prefer to rely on common sense. a lot of people i know walk about with a patch over one eye.
according to which side of the argument they want to see. ie theirs
bet ive upset a few on here :-) so what.
dont do politics. take me or leave me i am what i am
suppose thats the joy of football you support a club whatever your persuasion
UTB.

By Greg (NBFC)7/8 10:13Fri Aug 7 10:13:50 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 182

I was mostly with you until you said "politics is a necessary evil", Joe. IMHO, politics is an UNnecessary evil.

By mark-nbfc7/8 09:56Fri Aug 7 09:56:07 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 201

Your post shows that you do 'do politics' Joe, just not politics with a capital P :)

The problem with 'common sense' is that it doesn't exist. Everyone has a different view of what common sense is depending on your background and perspective :)

UTB

---
https://youtu.be/Bwk38srACrA

By joetowny (Joe)7/8 10:09Fri Aug 7 10:09:17 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 196

actually Mark your so wrong
if you called me a hypocrite you would be very near the truth
haven't voted for 38 yrs ! i gave up at 40 mate.

By mark-nbfc7/8 10:19Fri Aug 7 10:19:06 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 194

Not voting is a very political act Joe :)

---

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/8 14:37Fri Aug 7 14:37:33 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 164

my brother in law started voting for "spoilt papers" as non of the parties reflected his beliefs.

By joetowny (Joe)7/8 10:32Fri Aug 7 10:32:10 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 219

ok have never thought of it as that way
"oh to see ourselves as others see us" is i suppose the best i can come up with
my wife ( RIP ) used to write letters to Thatcher Blair etc. i used to take the pee.
she had what you would call right wing views. dont ask me why.

By bert's dad7/8 14:26Fri Aug 7 14:26:58 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 157

Organisations like Cambridge Analytica get people to win elections by encouraging others not to vote.

By VS Town (VS Boro)7/8 14:39Fri Aug 7 14:39:03 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 162

I hear the democrats in USA are encouraging republicans to boycott the November election in support of Trump wish to cancel them :)

By mark-nbfc7/8 14:31Fri Aug 7 14:31:25 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 158

Indeed. See 'The Great Hack' on Netflix for evidence.

---

By almost average 26/8 17:09Thu Aug 6 17:09:55 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 296

The only point i was trying to make was if the government are prepared to to destroy the air travel business or cause ten of thousands of job losses in retail to do what they feel needs doing i really don't see them being in any rush to allow fans back to lower level sports if they don't consider it safe or necessary .

By stone ragma6/8 15:27Thu Aug 6 15:27:32 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 313

Agree, non league football will not be a priority, the only thing that might help is if the EFL lobby government to allow crowds in because Divs 1-2 are not going to be able to operate for long without crowds

By almost average 26/8 15:37Thu Aug 6 15:37:49 2020In response to Re: DroylsdenTop of thread

Views: 297

Totally different level to us but the Gloucestershire County league have announced today that they are cancelling there 2020/21 season as far as the leagues are concerned . Instead they will play mini league cup competitions when there allowed to return .

Previous thread: Dover by MJNB3/8 12:48Mon Aug 3 12:48:29 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.