ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Cambridgeshire (Tier 2) by VS TownToday 14:39Today at 14:39:20view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Football (The way it should be played.) by doghead11/10 10:15Sun Oct 11 10:15:47 2020view thread

Been here before...Many times.

By Vernon Slain14/10 11:12Wed Oct 14 11:12:42 2020

Views: 536

Win and the manager is a hero,lose and the manager is useless...and I don't just mean Jim by the way.
We have been over this so many times it is really tedious now.
Roll on the next win so as we can all move on again.
We are what we are and where we deserve to be.

From Saint Jimmies's Park.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Been here before...Many times.

By blueandwhitemad14/10 14:16Wed Oct 14 14:16:15 2020In response to Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 408

Try saying that to the 43 of us who went last night and witnessed it at first hand my friend ...

By MJNB14/10 16:29Wed Oct 14 16:29:30 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 358

vast majority of us have been in similar situations to be fair.

Midweek defeats at Workington, Dover, piss poor performances at Marlow etc etc.

By Greg (NBFC)14/10 19:18Wed Oct 14 19:18:26 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 325

Bishop Auckland! Etched in my memory forever.

By stone ragma14/10 20:23Wed Oct 14 20:23:32 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 287

Yep that train journey was the journey from hell

By Greg (NBFC)14/10 22:02Wed Oct 14 22:02:14 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 215

Certainly was - in both directions!

By boro4414/10 13:10Wed Oct 14 13:10:18 2020In response to Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 409

Surely we all should be mindful of the budget JG has probably got, if he had more cash to spend he would probably bring in better players( ( with respect to the players we have ) let’s not forget what he inherited ,players on stupid money , if he’s keeping within his budget and not getting into dept that’s ok by me , with a new commercial manager on board , who knows what the future may hold.

By MJNB14/10 13:49Wed Oct 14 13:49:05 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 380

I think we have a decent pedigree of players for this level to be honest.

I don't think our budget will be tiny for this level.

With the players we have in our squad, we are underperforming, and I bet Jimmy agrees.

By VS Town (VS Boro)14/10 13:15Wed Oct 14 13:15:25 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 376

Funny how everyone knows everyone else budget but the seldom published - Cowan said Boro have bigger one than Telford.

One thing is Boro have a big squad - many teams we faced already have not had 5 subs.

Pre season he said he didn’t have the biggest budget in the league but had spent wisely and had a team to challenge*

* that still the case IMO but does not make up for lack of style.... for me

Edited by VS Boro at 13:16:33 on 14th October 2020

By stone ragma14/10 13:15Wed Oct 14 13:15:10 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 381

The point is even on this budget he has decent players, probably better than he had last season with a higher budget, Breeden, Gudger, Kettle, Kelly, Shamsi, Baker, Brown, DKE, are all proven players at this level and higher but we aren’t getting the results, that i feel in no small part is down to poor tactics which the manager and coaching staff are responsible for.

By VS Town (VS Boro)14/10 13:06Wed Oct 14 13:06:46 2020In response to Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 361

I think many Boro supporters are more thinking than that.

Particularly in sl-mid there were a fair few who criticise Wilkins despite good results. The results were positive, but performances not (as I said. ... my lads missed many games as “it’s boring”.... and not in sense it got boring when Phillips or Carr teams were winning.

By stone ragma14/10 12:45Wed Oct 14 12:45:06 2020In response to Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 414

And we should be happy about where we are?

By Vernon Slain14/10 12:58Wed Oct 14 12:58:58 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 375

That,my friend,is down to the individual.
One man's meat is another man's poison as the saying goes.
The tolerance level of some may be higher than that of others.
My point was the change of opinion veering about upon results. Win...great,Lose...tragedy.

From Saint Jimmies's Park.

By MJNB14/10 13:50Wed Oct 14 13:50:08 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 337

I don't see any loss at tragedy.

I do think 0 league wins at step 3 and out of the cup to lower league opponents is poor though.

By The Silverback14/10 12:32Wed Oct 14 12:32:57 2020In response to Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 402

Yes absolutely, I completely agree. Nothing much changes.

We are were we are - an inconsistent mid-table team in the southern league and have been for over 12 months.

However there is some apathy, weariness and frustration setting in amongst the fans I know due to the erratic results.

Many think JG has reached his level and therefore not able to improve the team any further unfortunately.

1 person likes this 1 person

By The Silverback14/10 12:23Wed Oct 14 12:23:07 2020In response to Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 398

... Off the field he has done great, so maybe he could become club Chairman?

Edited by The Silverback at 12:36:10 on 14th October 2020

By almost average 214/10 14:18Wed Oct 14 14:18:42 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 343

Too be honest i think he's getting an easy ride . Everyone knows he's a local lad with his heart in the job and what he's achieving off the pitch is there for everyone to see , if they want too , but on the pitch results and performances are below what they should be and are we the paying public just expected to put up and shut up . I'm willing to bet if he was at any other club where the two main points we're not a factor he would be getting a much rougher ride than he is of Boro fans .

By Wotnostrikers14/10 22:55Wed Oct 14 22:55:15 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 231

I am willing to bet if he was at a different club he would have been sacked by now.

By 70s stalwart14/10 14:28Wed Oct 14 14:28:38 2020In response to Re: Been here before...Many times.Top of thread

Views: 345

Its difficult for me to comment when I only get to see one game per season - if that - but I do recall criticism of Jimmy G’s playing style and tactics when he was at Barwell. Yes, he is a local with his heart in the right place. Yes, he has apparently done wonders off the field. But, if he hasn’t got the ability to get the best out of the squad, surely he should be big enough to accept that and hand that over to someone who can?

Previous thread: Bury 2-0 Boro - The WHOLE game by VS Town14/10 18:22Wed Oct 14 18:22:29 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.