ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Cambridgeshire (Tier 2) by almost average 2Today 14:58Today at 14:58:17view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Really happy for Jimmy by Pieman20/10 22:16Tue Oct 20 22:16:48 2020view thread

Squad changes imminent?

By MJNB18/10 12:38Sun Oct 18 12:38:49 2020

Views: 831

From Boro chat.

“It’s time for a change, as kitman and son of the manager it fucking breaks my heart with players not wanting it enough! My dad has put a good team together ‘named players’ they are all good enough to be up there competiting. But for some reason some of them look like there here for the ride and wanting to play as an individual not as a team! We need some young energetic players that want to play for the badge! Some desire to win a game of football and for it to mean something to them. My dad is a big believer of waiting 10 games before changing things but I know full well that he will be going through his phone book today trying to find the right players to bring in!!

After all the hard work that’s gone in over the pre season and through the lockdown to get the place looking right and turning it back into a football club the players are letting us all down!! It really frustrates me!

Credit to all the boro fans yesterday travelling again I do feel sorry for you guys paying and watching a bunch of nob heads!

Ps great photos Simon Kimber 🙌🏻“

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Squad changes imminent?

By Wotnostrikers18/10 18:27Sun Oct 18 18:27:00 2020In response to Squad changes imminent? Top of thread

Views: 636

He has to be joking, here’s a better idea how about giving a brand new management team ten games to see if it is the players who are at fault or not.

By VS Town (VS Boro)18/10 14:25Sun Oct 18 14:25:06 2020In response to Squad changes imminent? Top of thread

Views: 736

So - in nutshell - not the managers fault even though he has responsibility for signing them, picking them, deciding on formation and tactics.

2 people like this 2 people

By stone ragma18/10 12:57Sun Oct 18 12:57:45 2020In response to Squad changes imminent? Top of thread

Views: 754

Interesting, but the question is are the players at fault or is it the Manager, just imo the players look like they don’t believe in what they are being asked to do, before the season started JG stated that after last season he would only bring in players who had a hunger and desire to play for the club yet here we are again with players desire being questioned.
Again imo JG has made the same mistake as last season by signing anyone he could and we again started with a bloated squad.
Don’t see what will be gained by the Managers son throwing the players under the bus on Social Media either.

3 people like this 3 people

By London Boro19/10 09:09Mon Oct 19 09:09:25 2020In response to Re: Squad changes imminent? Top of thread

Views: 495

Offspring of other managers might be saying 'My dad's better than your dad.'

But we know who the daddy is.

Evo-Stik Premier Southern Central - who is your daddy? Whose the daddy?!

By TheOne&Only18/10 15:26Sun Oct 18 15:26:41 2020In response to Re: Squad changes imminent? Top of thread

Views: 694

This is not a case of the players not performing at all. These players were handpicked again and on paper this team could compete in the league above. The decisions sit with the manager and long ball tactics also sit with him. When going down to 10 men and need to make a tactical change he decided to bring off pace and leave Lita up top on his own - IMHO, at least leave shamsi on and he can chase down lost causes and put pressure on the barwell defence.

It’s time to play football, I’m sure these players want to play football and will play football if the managers tactics are just that.

His discipline record with red cards and penalty’s is horrendous and this again lies with him and not the players he has signed. If you play in a way that leaves you exposed at the back all the time players will commit silly fouls to try and prevent goals.

Team selection is on him, all 5 of the benched players could of started yesterday and I’m sure there is an argument as to why they didn’t but, Olly Bassett has played well in the 2 games I’ve seen him in and he didn’t even get a minute yesterday. Andre brown not shown enough but what he has shown is he can compete in the air and win headers, so if JG wants to carry on with hoof ball at least put a striker on who can win 2 out of 10 balls unlike LITA who doesn’t jump or compete in the air at all.

Tuesday night, Champions league for me unfortunately - covid has hit us all hard and I just can’t part with £12 for hoof ball anymore.

2 people like this 2 people

Long ball.

By VS Town (VS Boro)18/10 17:14Sun Oct 18 17:14:41 2020In response to Re: Squad changes imminent? Top of thread

Views: 636

Long ball .....

I often find that supporters make this accusation when losing, but seldom when winning. It’s an easy excuse

But in case of JG teams it’s valid. I admit it’s not as bad as I feared it would be.

The tactic is exaggerated (and more obvious) by Breedon thinking he can pass like beckham .

Since day one of JG the aim is to get the ball to the strikers at every opportunity - every free kick and most throw-in opposition half.
Once there the big men can hope to get their head on it.

Addison was seldom fit and certainly not mobile YET under JG he was expected to get his head onto every attacking free kick, throw and corner... JG can not hide behind that.

L

Re: Long ball.

By joetowny (Joe)20/10 09:33Tue Oct 20 09:33:43 2020In response to Long ball.Top of thread

Views: 394

reading this forum and boro chat there appears to be two basic camps
in the blue corner ;
JG is the manager he signs the players he decides the tactics hes responsible for the lack of results
he should stand down and appoint a manager

in the red corner ;
its not JG's fault, its the players fault, they were signed to do a job, they are letting the manager down badly
give him time, he will turn it around and come good.

one things sure. one of these camps is going to have to eat a large piece of humble pie at some point

as for me..... im not much of a pie person :-) so i'll just sit on the fence for once.

happy days x

By VS Town (VS Boro)20/10 10:42Tue Oct 20 10:42:14 2020In response to Re: Long ball.Top of thread

Views: 386

One thing I totally disagree with is “the players are letting down the manager”

It’s my opinion that all players try and perform to the best of their ability (and instructions).

There will be exceptions but fewer at this level as players can leave when they want (or be removed).
Some thought a certain player didn’t give 100% last season - I suspect that may be right but ...

There was also one incident on Saturday that I didn’t like.... but a gimme is fair

Edited by VS Boro at 11:00:07 on 20th October 2020

By stone ragma20/10 13:17Tue Oct 20 13:17:14 2020In response to Re: Long ball.Top of thread

Views: 323

In agreement I don’t think players are letting the Manager down either, feel it’s more that they don’t believe in what they are being asked to do

By VS Town (VS Boro)20/10 15:13Tue Oct 20 15:13:41 2020In response to Re: Long ball.Top of thread

Views: 333

And ability.

Again, why I don’t think beedon trying long “passes” is worth it.
Success rate very low.

Not only does he have to be precise the player has to have the ability to control or first time pass. Also, it’s too easy for defenders to intercept

By 70s stalwart20/10 14:33Tue Oct 20 14:33:01 2020In response to Re: Long ball.Top of thread

Views: 310

They said that about Spurs and Jose Mourinho last season, but look at them now (well, in attack anyway).

Previous thread: Today's Line Up by CockandBear17/10 15:04Sat Oct 17 15:04:25 2020view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.