ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Malcolm Christie on Soccer AM by BluepeterYesterday 13:32Yesterday at 13:32:14view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Dale Belford by stone ragma10/3 12:27Wed Mar 10 12:27:08 2021view thread

Season Tickets

By VS Town (VS Boro)23/3 08:48Tue Mar 23 08:48:07 2021

Views: 565

Just been reading Boro Chat.

Seems there will not be any refunds/discounts for people who bought season tickets for 2020/21 season (I think 3 games played).

Like every business, fixed costs (rent, rates) have to be met when not trading, but are the government not helping (I have no idea).
I would have thought, the only exceptional cost would have been that as pitch maintenance if not trading (and that not vital during winter with no use).

WRT players wages. I don't have a clue what the situation is.
For most its not their main source of income and so I doubt would be eligible for furlong payments.
If the club are paying (and I have no idea if they are) then the players are getting something for doing nothing whilst ST holders are paying and getting nothing.

I am amazed anyone bought a ST. I didn't, but that was more to quality of football I was seeing and my disenfranchisement with the club as a whole.

I am sure many ST holders would right-off there payment, if offered a discount.

Reading between the lines (or even the lines between the lines) it appears that finances are still not good as highlighted by general comparisons to other clubs being made (which is often a sign).

Again, I really wish clubs would give actual specifics. I am sure if supporters knew actualities they would be more specific.

Its a difficult one as pointed out, those who help by buying ST have been treated worse than those who did not. Whilst no-longer a ST buyer I strongly believe ST holders deserve reward.

The question of sponsors was also raised.... should they get a refund/discount?

One other point that riles me "The club would not be here if not for JG".
That may be true, but could not the same be said about Hawkins or Smurthwait?

Edited by VS Boro at 08:49:40 on 23rd March 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Season Tickets

By stone ragma23/3 08:58Tue Mar 23 08:58:22 2021In response to Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 534

What did you read on Boro Chat that said there would be no refunds?

By VS Town (VS Boro)23/3 09:03Tue Mar 23 09:03:36 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 544

I am not going to troll that again :) I find Facebook hard enough to navigate at the best of times.

From memory the "questioners" were not hoping/asking for refunds, but the "respondent" mentioned there would not be any. Perhaps a miss-communication.

I would be amazed and surprised if refunds offered, but some sort of discount offer would be a good gesture.

By stone ragma23/3 09:06Tue Mar 23 09:06:11 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 506

His response though was his opinion, not actual fact from the club

By VS Town (VS Boro)23/3 09:12Tue Mar 23 09:12:11 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 496

There seems to be a lot of informed opinions made on there from people who seem to have close connections to the club.

Best the club nominate someone to make these statements. If this is "opinion" it was not clear and could/does lead to bad feeling and rumour.

By MJNB23/3 09:36Tue Mar 23 09:36:06 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 496

I believe the comments by David Parnell to be more his opinions than factual, and more what he’d do than what the club will/are doing.

I fully anticipate Jason/Jimmy to offer some sort of incentive or recognition or reward to season ticket holders, be that a refund, discount or service.

I would hope that the ‘shit happens’ view from David isn’t representative of the club. I trust it isn’t.

By stone ragma23/3 09:20Tue Mar 23 09:20:43 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 490

I agree, but as I say I don’t think his response was the club’s actual position on refunds being given

By joetowny (Joe)23/3 18:15Tue Mar 23 18:15:58 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 469

think i posted on here the other month a comment
whereby i said as a supporter at the end of the day you either want a club or you dont
or words to that effect.
the alternative ? again read line two.

By stone ragma23/3 19:05Tue Mar 23 19:05:34 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 431

Depends if people can afford to lose that money

By almost average 223/3 19:40Tue Mar 23 19:40:02 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 480

Seems to me it's a bit of a catch 22 situation . It's totally understandable that the fans who brought ST will want something for there money , but it's also likely that if the club have to refund ST & sponsorship money it's going to impact on how competitive we can be . Will the fans who want their money back be happy to turn up if we're not competitive .
Personally i allowed the club to keep last season's money and will probably do the same this time if they ask , but it's not certain i will risk a ST for a third season with no certainty that we won't have another disrupted season .

1 person likes this 1 person

By stone ragma23/3 20:20Tue Mar 23 20:20:48 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 465

Think your last line is the real crux, how many people will risk a ST next season

By joetowny (Joe)24/3 08:14Wed Mar 24 08:14:05 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 422

yes i agree 100pc with the above comments
will i risk it again with all the ifs and buts ? probably not.
but having said that what would i do if matters came to a head
as they have done before who knows
personally ive wrote the present ST off.
supporting any football club all your life is a unique experience
financial logic flew out the window some time ago :-)

By almost average 224/3 14:46Wed Mar 24 14:46:04 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 382

Ref financial logic
Chap i work with is a Derby County ST holders . Buys one every year for himself his wife and two sons . He's in the same position as us but it's cost him thousands . They did give him a free subscription to Rams tv so at least he can watch the games on tv .
As you say financial logic goes right out the window when your a fan .

By MJNB24/3 20:40Wed Mar 24 20:40:30 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 323

My missus Halifax season was £300 I think.

They've not had fans in for any games this season, but season ticket holders get to watch all streams for free (£9.99 for non season ticket holders per game) and get £100 off next seasons ticket if they wish.

By joetowny (Joe)24/3 15:51Wed Mar 24 15:51:08 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 386

pleased to find out im not the only sucker !!! :-)
fwiw this club and its fans are no different to any other.
we're as daft as the next.
there is no set criteria for supporting a club.

By VS Town (VS Boro)24/3 16:31Wed Mar 24 16:31:23 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 389

I have never been comfortable with giving money to a football club without something in return (or high transparency).

As we have seen many times at football clubs, the supporters suddenly become very important when the brown stuff is about to hit the fan.

I really think the more transparency the more understanding people will be and more likely to help and less dangerous rumours.

From a personal perspective, next season will be my 3 consecutive season without a ST (other being the season of the FA Cup run) since the days of Shooter and co. My reason is my disenfranchisement (cant put finger on exactly why; many fold) and the crap I have had to watch.
I missed the Peterborough game a few seasons back due to the weather and it was strangely liberating.

By joetowny (Joe)25/3 09:21Thu Mar 25 09:21:22 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 353

as i have stated - you want a club or you dont -
we all make our own judgments
we all have our own take on issues
whether they be highs or lows
there is an old saying about
"pleasing some of the people some of the time " etc etc we all know it
but i repeat, whether you have a club or not
will at the end of the day be determined by us, the fans.
no fans + no income = no club. that is the simple truth.
the mega rich will probably survive on the media streams etc.
not at this level, long term.

By MJNB25/3 10:29Thu Mar 25 10:29:10 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 362

to be fair Joe, I think our fans have shown they want a club in recent times with all the fundraising to save the club etc. Hawkins, JG, investors etc helped, of course, but the fans raised a lot, and continue to donate too.

By joetowny (Joe)25/3 14:43Thu Mar 25 14:43:35 2021In response to Re: Season TicketsTop of thread

Views: 352

again i agree 100pc

Previous thread: Last guidelines on the return of fans by almost average 224/3 15:32Wed Mar 24 15:32:31 2021view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.