ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Smiley face

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Louis Moult and Amari Bell by nil desperandum5/5 17:57Wed May 5 17:57:32 2021view thread

Oldest article: Fixtures and Results by Moderator15/6/2019 10:40Sat Jun 15 10:40:55 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Trophy & Vase by almost average 23/5 17:39Mon May 3 17:39:38 2021view thread

Super League

By London Boro22/4 18:04Thu Apr 22 18:04:55 2021

Views: 420

Breakaway announcement expected soon from the following six English clubs:

Nuneaton Boro
Bedworth
Tamworth
Atherstone
Nuneaton Griff
Coventry City

reply to this article | return to the front page

Hypocrisy.

By VS Town (VS Boro)2/5 16:40Sun May 2 16:40:02 2021In response to Super LeagueTop of thread

Views: 207

Whilst, like most football fans I 100% against this super league.
I also agree with a lot of what Neville says, but there is a hell of a lot of hypocrisy.

* Neville bought success at Salford and even changed the kit colour against the wish of the hard-core supporters.
* Neville earns a lot of money from a business that has helped fuel in-equality in football.

Its not as if MUFC owners have not spent money.

As I said before, I am sure clubs like Leicester, WHU or Everton would have jumped at the ESL if invited.

One important caveat.
Many Man United fans were against the Glaziers from day one; they predicted this and hence FCUM was set up.

Re: Hypocrisy.

By stone ragma2/5 18:04Sun May 2 18:04:01 2021In response to Hypocrisy.Top of thread

Views: 177

Football fans as a rule are rarely happy with their clubs owners ( Lee Thorn anyone) but when those owners live abroad, Glazers, Kroenke’s, Henry’s, and hardly ever if at all attend games fans can’t help but feel they have no interest in the clubs they own other than to make money, the ESL fiasco only serves to reinforce this impression.

Re: Super League

By Dougie824/4 18:36Sat Apr 24 18:36:17 2021In response to Super LeagueTop of thread

Views: 247

Would Coventry be good enough to play along side those elite teams?

1 person likes this 1 person

By VS Town (VS Boro)22/4 20:02Thu Apr 22 20:02:23 2021In response to Super LeagueTop of thread

Views: 363

Must admit the response of non-6 has pissed me off. I am sure if Everton or WHU or Leicester had been included they would have joined the others.

Remember - The only ones who objected to the premier league were the ones not eligible.

I really think this was all a ploy for the big clubs to be able to negotiate their own TV deals.

By Lord of the Manor23/4 08:23Fri Apr 23 08:23:07 2021In response to Re: Super LeagueTop of thread

Views: 317

I see king Kev voted for it saying ..... We're one of the biggest clubs in non league football with one of the smallest budgets .... I have a job to finish here,but focus and concentrate we will.

1 person likes this 1 person

By almost average 223/4 06:24Fri Apr 23 06:24:59 2021In response to Re: Super LeagueTop of thread

Views: 321

Then it's backfired . There biggest weapon against the rest has always been a Euro super league and a you need us more than we need you attitude .

Re: Super League irony

By joetowny (Joe)24/4 11:47Sat Apr 24 11:47:29 2021In response to Re: Super LeagueTop of thread

Views: 268

i would not rush to play the blame game
fans can be their own worst enemies at times
just out of interest have Newcastle fans not been trying to ditch Mike Ashley for yrs
where are they ? in the premier at the moment
but thats not seen as being good enough as he doesnt throw minions at it , so hes reviled
who were trying to buy the club ???? but were rebuked by the authorities !!!!!
oh.. er lets brush that under the carpet
ok its only one club but i wonder how many fans wanted to turn down the investment.
you know what i bet you could count them on one hand
not saying who or what is right but very often there can be two sides to any story.
the above is just one example.

By almost average 224/4 17:01Sat Apr 24 17:01:40 2021In response to Re: Super League ironyTop of thread

Views: 257

These clubs have spent massive amounts of money they can't really afford , this has pushed the costs up for everyone below them . There answer is to just walk away leaving everyone else in the cart . They will get zero sympathy from me .

By joetowny (Joe)25/4 10:02Sun Apr 25 10:02:48 2021In response to Re: Super League ironyTop of thread

Views: 224

i could not agree more
the point i was trying to get across was the fans of these clubs are never satisfied
i just used Newcastle as a standout case.
was it not arab investors that wanted to come in.
MA is painted as the pantomime villain by the supporters
why because he refuses to chuck millions at the club. AND wont sell probably at a loss !!!!
HE is not in it because he loves the club hes a business man as are most
PROFIT and INVESTMENT are the key words.

ps. lets not forget when we talk about this subject we had our own Mike Ashley here not long ago.
ok its a long way short of such matters but we had one guy who saw a fast buck was to be made
and you know as well as me there have been comments on here regarding
not beng prepared to watch rubbish........ acca Newcastle fans
note any similarities ?

By stone ragma25/4 14:03Sun Apr 25 14:03:10 2021In response to Re: Super League ironyTop of thread

Views: 206

They always used to say unless you are prepared to lose money don’t buy a football club, too many these days at the top level buy clubs thinking they can make money and it’s very rarely the case

By VS Town (VS Boro)25/4 17:46Sun Apr 25 17:46:20 2021In response to Re: Super League ironyTop of thread

Views: 186

I heard an interview with an expert in economics who had no interest in football. He actually said the model used by the Glaziers was an excellent method...... but as we know, football not like any other commodity.

By CockandBear24/4 19:56Sat Apr 24 19:56:43 2021In response to Re: Super League ironyTop of thread

Views: 231

Power struggle between the so called elites who want to control football. A ploy by the big clubs to try and get more money out of UEFA. They have tried to replicate what happened in 1992, when the top clubs wanted to breakaway from the Football League. The losers are the fans. Business rules full stop. FIFA and UEFA are businesses and under no circumstances want to lose control or the purse strings. The fans thinking that coming together they have stopped this, but sad to say they have not.

Previous thread: Ollie Bassett by stone ragma29/4 22:36Thu Apr 29 22:36:05 2021view thread

The forum or any messages are not and should not be interpreted as an official announcement from Nuneaton Borough FC or anyone associated with Nuneaton Borough FC. Nuneaton Borough FC will not accept responsibility for any messages posted in the forum. Please refrain from bad language.