Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Other clubs by Unnamed SauceToday 22:02Today at 22:02:50view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Return to ground by VS Griff22/1 12:20Mon Jan 22 12:20:49 2024view thread

STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY

By LukeS (LH)18/1 05:24Thu Jan 18 05:24:26 2024

Views: 2238

Posted on Boro Chat in response to a comment about the rent not being paid:

"Nathan Walker I wish you guys who keep going on about the rent would understand
The rent as and isn’t the issue
Stuart Elliott had a rent repayment in place and was right up to date when the padlocks got put on,
You’ll find out soon that there as to be another project in place and mark Lowther and Neil Robinson have conned the living daylights out of all of us at Nuneaton Borough football club
(Warmington)
Shut up you know nothing
Stop making yourself important to yourself lad.
Why don’t you just ask people that know what’s probably or possibly happening
The people of Nuneaton
Have had there football Stolen from them,
Kash at crown Skips as offered to buy the land back and the potential New Owners have offered to buy the ground back for the community
They played a crocked card by saying they don’t want the current tennant involved and they’d possibly talk about reopening the stadium!!

Con men if ever I’ve seen them at work Neil Robinson promised me things and renegaded on almost everything he said! This is just a comment from me JG not the club as I’m nothing to do with the club, as I was asked to stand down!)
They obviously wanted me out of the way!!!

I’ll be making an official statement in due course

Jimmy Ginnelly"

Edited by LH at 05:25:10 on 18th January 2024

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY

By pitman19/1 09:54Fri Jan 19 09:54:06 2024In response to STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 696

Said it before on here total BS and deflection by the person who caused this problem JG.

SE did not have a plan in place with AT. Only when AT rattled the cage about rent not being paid for over 12 months did JG/SE react. We made a token offer and certainly did not clear the arrears. The club made a proposal to clear the arrears by the end of 2025 which was rejected by AT. No surprise here has they had already agreed a two year plan with us to clear COVID arrears (a year we made a profit) and then failed to pay for over 12 months.

We the sat on our backsides and didn't respond to AT, weeks later they put the padlocks on due to un-paid rent.

The only people being conned are us supporters and sponsors by JG and the silent management team especially surprised by SE.

As for the wonderful Kash, he's the one who pissed of Smurthwaite who then turned to AT.

As far has I can see no crooked card being played by the landlord regarding not wanting current tenant in place as to my knowledge they have never responded to our requests. Simply a deflective exit plan for JG! Who asked him to stand down??
It didn't help with the tenant sub-letting to several people - now who's the crook.

Grow some balls and take it on the chin, stop blaming others and then you might start getting a little respect.

8 people like this 8 people

By VS Griff (VS Boro)19/1 10:06Fri Jan 19 10:06:30 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 672

SPOT ON

My understanding also.
The “offer to catch up by end of 2023” was only after gates locked and “end of 2025” was when AT started threatening.

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

By pitman19/1 10:19Fri Jan 19 10:19:28 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 665

correct

We only offered to clear debts and forward pay till the end of the season AFTER we had been locked out. Constant lies being posted and told during the CWR interviews by JG and IC

2 people like this 2 people

By VS Griff (VS Boro)19/1 10:55Fri Jan 19 10:55:03 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 607

being charitable - Its more "Economical with the truth", but some will only listen to one side.

There are other things where details have not been given.

To quote our American Friends

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)19/1 17:51Fri Jan 19 17:51:24 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 515

We only have one side that's spoken though.
It's hard to listen to both sides when one is silent.
We have JG saying one thing and an anonymous poster on here saying another.
When both sides have spoken I'll look at what's said.

By Boro boy19/1 18:02Fri Jan 19 18:02:13 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 497

Don’t think we will ever hear from the other side

Another (dont blame individuals)

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 13:26Thu Jan 18 13:26:44 2024In response to STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1378

Let's not blame individuals......blame individual instead (and Smurf for obtaining a higher price for his asset. Anyone know what Smurf paid Ian Neale for it)

Is calling someone crooked on Social Media legal?

Wake up
The Landlords got a reason for destroying our beloved football club
He’s a crooked man who’s being plotting this from the day he bought it of Norman Smurfwaite
Kash at Crown Skips shook smurfwaites hand on a deal to buy the ground £290,000(And his intentions were to put it in trust so there would only ever be Sports played on that site)
These Ardent Tigress guys went behind our backs and offered Smurfwaite £350,000
For it and he just dropped us like a bag of
From that point he’s been plotting his move and lying to us all along
Please everyone let’s not blame individual people
There’s Simply One Person to Blame and it’s
Ardent Tigress And Neil Robinson and the Owner
Mark Lowther!!!
Absolutely shit on our football club.

>>>> Semi Retired Boro fan <<<<

Edited by VS Boro at 13:26:54 on 18th January 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 13:27:28 on 18th January 2024

Re: Another (dont blame individuals)

By Lord of the Manor18/1 14:32Thu Jan 18 14:32:54 2024In response to Another (dont blame individuals)Top of thread

Views: 1156

And if you were in business to make money wouldn't you do the same ?

Just because it's a football club makes no difference...... Business men are there to make money .....

As much as it stinks and people are up in arms against it he's looked after his assets to make a few bob ...simple as

By Bartender (Bartender)18/1 14:32Thu Jan 18 14:32:28 2024In response to Another (dont blame individuals)Top of thread

Views: 1152

Check your facts before spouting off.
Smurf didn't pay I Neale anything, he played swapses with Lee Thorne.
Smurf approached AT as someone from the FC pissed him off.
Certain people at the FC also have known about AT intentions from the outset.

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")18/1 14:36Thu Jan 18 14:36:06 2024In response to Re: Another (dont blame individuals)Top of thread

Views: 1147

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:22:20 on 27th January 2024

Coop Minutes

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 14:54Thu Jan 18 14:54:19 2024In response to Re: Another (dont blame individuals)Top of thread

Views: 1160

Coop minutes (from website).
Ive cut some things to keep it brief https://nuneatontownsupporterscoop.wordpress.com/minutes/

30-aug
Feed back from owner of ground. The Rugby Club are not happy with his proposals for the present ground, which is to build them a new ground on part of the land at Liberty Way, which the football club would then share with them. He would then apply for planning permission for the rest of the site. This leaves the football club in limbo at present with less then 3 years on the current lease.

29-Nov
One of their softer options, as they put it, they could perhaps offer to mediate as an honest broker in the dispute.
It appears that they had a meeting with representatives of the football club last year, on the future plans the club had. They (the council) stated that they were not impressed with that presentation. No business plan, cash follows, accounts etc were included in that presentation, and they would not go any further with it.

If the Co-operative, or anyone else, were ever to try and buy the site, it would need a proper business plan before the Council could seriously consider helping in anyway.

At this point we corrected any ideas that they might have had that we were from the football club,. We were speaking as the Supporters’ Co-operative, and explained our involvement with Nuneaton Town Football Club, through our members and supporters. It was pointed out to them, several cases, where local councils, up and down the country had helped in different ways at their local clubs.

The Council went on to say that it would be very difficult for any housing, or industrial unit developments on the land, as it was not in any of the Borough’s current or future development plans,. They knew of the ACV that the Co-op have on the ground, and is now in with the borough planning department for renewal.

We thought this statement was encouraging regarding any possible development of the site.

After approaching Marcus Jones MP, we have spoken with his representative Jonathan Collett, and he said that Marcus Jones had not received any approach from the football club for assistance with the dispute with the ground owners. He suggested that perhaps an open meeting might be called, inviting the MP and the Council to it?

A Co-op delegation had a meeting with the manager of Nuneaton Crematorium regarding the possibility of having to move the Memorial Garden from Liberty Way.
t seems it would be possible for it to be sited at the Crematorium, although expensive, and requiring a lot of agreements and paperwork. This will be kept in mind depending on developments at Liberty Way.

Edited by VS Boro at 14:59:08 on 18th January 2024

Re: Coop Minutes

By VoR18/1 16:04Thu Jan 18 16:04:19 2024In response to Coop MinutesTop of thread

Views: 1001

If I was a Nuns member, I would be very concerned.

They could be the next target to be harvested for the land that they own.

By Greg (NBFC)22/1 11:43Mon Jan 22 11:43:04 2024In response to Re: Coop MinutesTop of thread

Views: 299

Why would anyone target land that is owned by NRC? Surely if NRC owns the land and NRC has all planning permissions in place for the current usage, then NRC is 100% in control of how that land is used?

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)18/1 16:10Thu Jan 18 16:10:12 2024In response to Re: Coop MinutesTop of thread

Views: 1001

After what they did with skip gate hope they go bust next 👍🏼

Retired Boro fan
Tottenham and Austin FC sufferer

1 person likes this 1 person

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 16:14Thu Jan 18 16:14:31 2024In response to Re: Coop MinutesTop of thread

Views: 1000

After what Boro Leisure did to the ground share agreement I hope they don't.

What they did was a minor irritation for Boro Leisure.

How would you feel if Boro were evicted from playing at Liberty Way ?

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)18/1 16:23Thu Jan 18 16:23:33 2024In response to Re: Coop MinutesTop of thread

Views: 948

Exactly the same as I do now 😂

Retired Boro fan

By ntfcadam (nbfcadam)18/1 13:33Thu Jan 18 13:33:28 2024In response to Another (dont blame individuals)Top of thread

Views: 1226

I love how he states "There's simply one person to blame" then proceeds to list two individuals and one business...

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 13:37Thu Jan 18 13:37:03 2024In response to Re: Another (dont blame individuals)Top of thread

Views: 1192

This Jimmy Ginnelly bloke sounds a bit like a keyboard warrior to me.

By Wotnostrikers18/1 13:39Thu Jan 18 13:39:43 2024In response to Re: Another (dont blame individuals)Top of thread

Views: 1203

His grammar and spelling is certainly at the same level as that of a keyboard warrior.

By Barwell Boro (Spurs and Verde)18/1 11:48Thu Jan 18 11:48:05 2024In response to STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1450

Theme song to go with statement

https://youtu.be/2g5Hz17C4is?si=1wvLFrhOWNn5jJTh

Retired Boro fan

By lukey18/1 14:45Thu Jan 18 14:45:15 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1072

🤣🤣

By boro4418/1 11:21Thu Jan 18 11:21:33 2024In response to STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1331

What is the issue then , why haven’t we been told , if everything on here is true , the club is finished , players are leaving on a daily basis, somebody tell us the truth PLEASE.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 11:27Thu Jan 18 11:27:36 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1344

I suspect technicalities and timing is important.

(hypothetical........well; probably not) If Boro are to resign from the league, that has to be done to rules and the league must be aware (and accept) before anything made public.

ALSO - Does Boro Leisure have anyone in a position to make ultimate decisions?
From CH
There are no current officers available for this company.

0 active persons with significant control / 0 active statements.

Given this, probably the only "solution" to the immediate problem is for the league to expel the club.

Edited by VS Boro at 11:35:41 on 18th January 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 11:37:59 on 18th January 2024

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 08:46Thu Jan 18 08:46:11 2024In response to STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1592

Last Night.

Stuart Elliott had a payment plan in place with the Landlords
And was right up to date with the payment plan trust me
Since then two parties have offered to buy the land at the full price he payed for it and donate to the club and put it in trust!!
This landlord Mark Lowther and his team
Neil Robinson have ROBBED the ground and club from right under your noses
No ground
No games at Liberty Way
No income
They knew the club couldn’t survive
It’s a case of the
Rich just Bully the minnows and we end up with no Club when we run out of our savings
Conned all of us

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)18/1 09:12Thu Jan 18 09:12:55 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1418

Goes back to what i said last night, AT bought the Stadium with the intent of getting rid of the Boro, if they hadn't manufactured the rent as a reason they would have found another reason

By Bartender (Bartender)18/1 11:02Thu Jan 18 11:02:33 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1270

To be fair to AT, if the plan was to get rid of us, they could have done alot sooner. We have a history of being behind with the rent, the lease has been broken in more ways then one. Running none sporting business from the club, sub letting to the storage company, Belford goalkeeping, offering office space to others.

By Vernon Slain18/1 09:16Thu Jan 18 09:16:51 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1406

Alternatively,was it all jointly planned to dispose of a sinking money-pit called NBFC very cheaply ?

127–45-26-56–171-198…..160*/381

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 09:15Thu Jan 18 09:15:57 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1420

Sadly we have only heard one side. Perhaps your theory is why only one side heard.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)18/1 09:41Thu Jan 18 09:41:31 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1364

And do you not think the reason we haven't heard from AT is because they have conned the Boro !!!

By Exile195618/1 10:43Thu Jan 18 10:43:46 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1249

Yes could be said they are behaving like any property developer would, playing the long game. They would have found other ways to boot us out.
As someone said to me a while ago, in last 25 years there’s only been 1 growth industry in this country….. Scamming, but you could prob. add property development to that

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 09:44Thu Jan 18 09:44:21 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1348

AS I SAID
"Sadly we have only heard one side. Perhaps your theory is why only one side heard."

I believe there is some truth in what JG is stating, but I firmly believe it's not the whole truth.

By MJNB18/1 09:43Thu Jan 18 09:43:07 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1352

Is this the route we are going down? Let’s all blame AT when Boro go tits up for failure to manage themselves sustainably for bloody years!

We will be getting exactly what we deserve. It’s been coming, under numerous regimes.

6 people like this 6 people

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)18/1 10:01Thu Jan 18 10:01:29 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1302

Not saying Boro aren't to blame just saying i believe ATs aim in buying the Stadium was to get ridvof the Boro, not paying the rent has helped them do that

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 09:46Thu Jan 18 09:46:12 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1360

Yep.

Let's ignore other debts that have mounted up.

I personally don't buy into the 2 conspiracy theories, but anything is possible.

Another - This morning

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 08:44Thu Jan 18 08:44:37 2024In response to STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1581

Yes but with the blessing of Neil Robinson
Whilst COVID was around he told us not to worry about the rent and we’ll catch it up
(We thought he was being polite back then)
But it was an obvious trick from Ardent Tigress)
Unfortunately we took his word
Also stuart Elliott done a payment plan with Neil Robinson and everything was on time and almost caught up.

------
Interesting last sentence ;)

Edited by VS Boro at 08:45:40 on 18th January 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 08:47:28 on 18th January 2024

Re: Another - This morning

By boingboing18/1 09:27Thu Jan 18 09:27:55 2024In response to Another - This morningTop of thread

Views: 1401

Blame, blame and more blame on the landlord.

Landlord didn’t pay the players ridiculous amounts of money for this league. Which meant the rent wasn’t paid.

Landlord didn’t choose not to pay the other debts/bills that are outstanding.

Landlord isn’t the reason the debt has increased to 600/700k (whatever the figure is)

Landlord isn’t slagging fans off on Boro chat.

But it’s all the landlords fault.

7 people like this 7 people

Re: Another - This morning

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 09:37Thu Jan 18 09:37:10 2024In response to Re: Another - This morningTop of thread

Views: 1347

And the rent is about half a Tony Breedon.

Covid

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 09:12Thu Jan 18 09:12:15 2024In response to Another - This morningTop of thread

Views: 1373

as with this horrible horrible mess, so many questions remain unanswered and when answered more are needed.

During Covid the boro were closed between March 2020 and August 2021 (making 19/20 and 20/21 season defunct).
So, two years since covid "ended"

Year ending Jun 21, Boro reported a £60,000 profit.

Who asked/volunteered for boro to stop paying.
When was rent stopped being paid.
When did repayments restart (if they ever did)?
When did AT start pushing for payments to restart?
When did Boro know AT were serious?
What did Boro offer before gates were closed?

Re: Covid

By VoR18/1 09:17Thu Jan 18 09:17:56 2024In response to CovidTop of thread

Views: 1336

Covid loan, needing to be re-paid?

Edited by VoR at 09:18:23 on 18th January 2024

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 09:21Thu Jan 18 09:21:00 2024In response to Re: CovidTop of thread

Views: 1311

Yes, I suspect thats true. 6 years I believe. I wonder if that is (or has been) repaid. Given it's a bank loan, they wont piss about. These loans are going to hit a lot of people, and I predict the government will have to step in.

The purpose of the loan was to help businesses survive. Given a profit, then boro didn't need it.

By Vernon Slain18/1 09:13Thu Jan 18 09:13:53 2024In response to CovidTop of thread

Views: 1318

What,roughly,was the percentage of income that went to the player’s wages ?

Reply from NW

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 08:33Thu Jan 18 08:33:44 2024In response to STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1433

"OK, one simple question. Were any rent payments missed in 2023?"

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")18/1 07:39Thu Jan 18 07:39:34 2024In response to STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1555

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 07:45:14 on 18th January 2024
Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:22:01 on 27th January 2024

By Wolfman18/1 06:31Thu Jan 18 06:31:53 2024In response to STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1566

Kash shook hands on a deal to buy the ground,then got gazumped so I was told

By joetowny (Joe)18/1 10:19Thu Jan 18 10:19:57 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1238

yep ref Cash.
unless the man is telling lies
DO you and others on here think he is lying ??
why would he ? what would be the point ?
ive said virtually next to nothing on this issue since DAY ONE
its NEVER added up to me even posted that comment the other day.
hundreds hundreds and hundreds of posts many i haven't read
because they have just been so repetitive total guesswork from people who have only one agenda.
i dont do favorites whether your pro or anti JG
but again i say from day one this situation did and doesn't sit right or add up to me
i would like to say more on what i think but better not.

UTfB.

By LukeS (LH)18/1 07:32Thu Jan 18 07:32:58 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1500

That was at the point Arden Tigress bought it. I believe he's atttempted to buy the ground again from Arden Tigress since.

By Vernon Slain18/1 07:46Thu Jan 18 07:46:09 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1459

Would a rent repayment agreement be a way of paying off rent arrears ?

By LukeS (LH)18/1 07:50Thu Jan 18 07:50:13 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1442

Paying the arrears was not an issue - on the day the club was evicted Stuart Elliot offered to pay all arrears plus 6 months advance rent, but this was refused by Arden Tigress (this has been confirmed by Stuart himself).

By Vernon Slain18/1 07:52Thu Jan 18 07:52:43 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1444

Why did rent arrears accrue ? Did the FC stop paying ?

By StockingfordBrew18/1 07:58Thu Jan 18 07:58:26 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1455

How can we get in that position? Last season club would have a lot on the attendances

2k v Villa
1k v Tamworth
1k v Coalville
3k v rushall

Promotion fund...

Just confuses me

By VS Griff (VS Boro)18/1 08:28Thu Jan 18 08:28:11 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1431

and remember the Villa and 7000!! for Rushall was not expected/planned - They were Bonuses.

By boingboing18/1 08:16Thu Jan 18 08:16:54 2024In response to Re: STATEMENT FROM JIMMY GINNELLY Top of thread

Views: 1437

Over 5k at Rushall don’t forget

Previous thread: Storer- Telford by MJNB21/1 20:20Sun Jan 21 20:20:44 2024view thread