Return to front page

Newest article: Re: and another by Spurs and Verde Today 06:48Today at 06:48:32view thread

Oldest article: Let the inquiry begin by Armchair vulture18/1 15:11Thu Jan 18 15:11:44 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kyle storer by True Blue23/1 11:42Tue Jan 23 11:42:06 2024view thread

From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATON

By LukeS (LH)21/1 12:27Sun Jan 21 12:27:28 2024

Views: 1617

Posted by Lee Hayward:

"We are now all fully aware that Nuneaton, one of the largest towns in the UK, no longer has a football club capable of playing at a senior level (level 8 above for clarity!).
We are now also aware that at least one group of people are planning to change that.
Whatever new club (or clubs) do come forward, their success in long term will be governed by one factor - whether the people of Nuneaton chose to support the club or not. It will also be the people of Nuneaton, and those alone, who decide if any new venture is the spiritual continuity of "The Boro".
The Nuneaton Borough Supporters' Co-Operative have already engaged with one group, and are facilitating a forum where they can present their plans for a 100% investor owner club. We are fortunate to have an the Co-op already in place, but for this to be successful we must increase the capabilities of the Co-op with a view to:
expanding the Co-op membership to increase both numbers and the breadth of experience
forming a working committee to properly scrutinise any plans put forward
devising an alternative plan for a new club, and if necessary facilitate, its implementation (there are possibilities!)
I've already had a number of personal conversations with people across the Boro family regarding the above, to gain thoughts and ideas, but I would also encourage as many people as possible to join the Co-op here, so we can continue these discussion in a more constructive manner: https://nuneatontownsupporterscoop.wordpress.com/
Please also look out for more Co-op updates."

reply to this article | return to the front page

Could someone summarise PLEASE

By VS Griff (VS Boro)21/1 18:27Sun Jan 21 18:27:15 2024In response to From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 975

I am totally confused - Its does not take much I admit.

No slant, just whats is known.

TOTALLY AGREE information should come from official source or co-ordinated via the coop, not from individuals.

Individuals should (and will) debate, discuss and express opinion.

EDIT - Reason for request...... 2 hours away and the "mark all as read" is used :)

>>>> Former Nuneaton Boro fan <<<<

Edited by VS Boro at 18:29:29 on 21st January 2024
Edited by VS Boro at 18:30:36 on 21st January 2024

Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATON

By Armchair vulture21/1 17:10Sun Jan 21 17:10:23 2024In response to From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1016

Nuneaton - one of the largest towns in the UK?
It’s 96th on the list.

1 person likes this 1 person

By AlanD21/1 18:08Sun Jan 21 18:08:50 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 950

As a Bury supporter I can sincerely share your pain at this moment. We now have our phoenix club up and running in tier 9 and I have to say I have really enjoyed our non league experience so far.
What I would urge, is that ALL fans get together in supporting one way forward when you start, as I’m sure you will, back on the journey.
We didn’t, we had a split fanbase, one side pressing ahead with a phoenix club as soon as we were expelled from the EFL. The other side hanging on to the remnants of what was left of the old club, but eventually, with financial assistance managing to regain Gigg Lane.
However we ended up with a football club with no ground, having to ground share with Radcliffe, and another group with a ground but no team.
It’s taken years for the two sides to come together, in an uneasy peace, in order to have a team, representing the town, back at Gigg Lane.
There are still issues, still recriminations, but as they say time is a great healer.
Whatever you do, stick together, listen to all, but come together with one plan for the future.
I wish you all the very best as you start your journey. For a reason totally unbeknownst to myself, I have always had a soft spot for your club, and have followed your ups and downs over the years.
I intend to keep following you, as you go forward.

7 people like this 7 people

By Wotnostrikers21/1 18:52Sun Jan 21 18:52:16 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 863

Thanks for your empathetic interest in the Boro, as you can see if you are reading the many posts on this thread there are already split ideas and argument about the way forward.
Interest is already being lodged from parties with no historic connection to the club as well as proposals on the horizon from people associated with the Boro and as you say it is imperative the supporters become united behind the best option.
May I add that Nuneaton fans along with the vast majority of the the football world have been rooting for Bury FC and it is fantastic to see you heading back to where we all think you belong.

By LukeS (LH)21/1 17:26Sun Jan 21 17:26:44 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 935

Yes, between Chesterfield and Grimsby. With a fair few cities above.

By Armchair vulture21/1 17:31Sun Jan 21 17:31:28 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 928

Yep and a town within east reach of Cov, Leicester and Villa whose supporters are very unlikely to give that up and start watching non league football.
Sadly the Nuneaton Boro sleeping giant myth is exactly that - a myth.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)21/1 14:50Sun Jan 21 14:50:08 2024In response to From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1065

Whoever they are lets give them a chance and forget all the negativity on.here

By LukeS (LH)21/1 15:01Sun Jan 21 15:01:19 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1069

That sort of thinking would rubber stamp Thorn, Hawkins and DA Capital

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)21/1 15:13Sun Jan 21 15:13:15 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1034

Funny you say that though i remember getting loads of stick on here for being critical of Thorn during his reign

By Armchair vulture21/1 17:32Sun Jan 21 17:32:10 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 925

Anybody who was critical of Thorne or JG got lots of stick.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)21/1 15:08Sun Jan 21 15:08:39 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1021

D A Capital wanted to get rid of management and players to reduce wage bill, what happened after they walked away, JG quit and players walked

By VS Griff (VS Boro)21/1 12:56Sun Jan 21 12:56:05 2024In response to From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1200

Did Nuneaton even have a club before eviction that could sustain a club at level 8 or above? Recent events tell me NO.

"at least one group" - There lies a problem.

It's too early - FAR TO EARLY. Anything decided now could be rushed. There is no rush. If people committed then 15 months wont hurt to do things properly.

My (and easy for me to say as I am not involved........its a few) view is the coop should arrange an open meeting where options and ideas can be presented and discussions follow. The meeting should be structured that the past is only discussed when relevant. The past is done and dusted.

There was about 100 people present at the meeting immediately after Lee Thorn left, and probably about 30 at the meeting held last November. Does that say anything? Perhaps the difference here is the current situation is known

Edited by VS Boro at 12:57:12 on 21st January 2024

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:16Sun Jan 21 13:16:33 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1191

Whilst I agree with the sentiment about not rushing, the timing is not of our choosing - there is already a new limited company being registered to become the "phoenix" club - the constitution of which will be 100% investor owned, by people with no connections to the town, with a view to building up a club to sell for profit.

They have already got some things in place, such as a plan to start playing next season and a manager with connections to the Boro.

They are relying on speed to get everything in place with the hope that we will just accept them as the "new Boro" as they will be already in existence, and we will be in the same position as 2008 and 2018.

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)21/1 13:31Sun Jan 21 13:31:36 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1163

Who are these people that are registering a new limited company? Are their names on Facebook (or anywhere) along with the name of this manager with connections to the Boro?

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:36Sun Jan 21 13:36:30 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1105

They have ask to remain anonymous until they present there plans - by which time they will have some of it already in place.

They apparently have some backing.

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)21/1 13:39Sun Jan 21 13:39:18 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1109

When are they presenting their plans?
What do you mean by 'backing'?

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:41Sun Jan 21 13:41:55 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1121

Per the Co-op statement, they have agreed to hold a fans forum (the investors, not the co-op) to present their plans.

As for backers, we need to wait and see, but they have limited funds themselves (hence why they chose not to buy Boro Leisure)

By VoR21/1 13:46Sun Jan 21 13:46:30 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1085

Venture Capitalists.

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)21/1 13:46Sun Jan 21 13:46:12 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1066

I haven't seen the coop statement, sorry.
The heat here has been relentless since Christmas and I've struggled to read things on my phone because of glare of the sun.
These people registering the Ltd Company are independent from the coop ?

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:55Sun Jan 21 13:55:22 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1071

Yes - and no connection to the town. They were also the ones negiotation with Arden Tigress with a view to buying Boro Leisure - but as we know that failed.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)21/1 13:31Sun Jan 21 13:31:20 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1073

If they rushing and it fails then what has been lost (Ive not phrased that well).

Aylesbury, Enfield, Northwich had/have 2 phoenix clubs.

Anyone can start a club and call it Nuneaton Borough continuation, but words mean nothing.

EVEN if this is the best way forward, they cant rush if they dont have the backing.

By VoR21/1 13:36Sun Jan 21 13:36:18 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1055

Bury AFC (their Pheonix club) have had to earn the right to resume playing under their Club's original name, which has recently been granted by the FA.

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")21/1 13:26Sun Jan 21 13:26:40 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1117

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 13:30:06 on 21st January 2024
Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:31:02 on 27th January 2024

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:28Sun Jan 21 13:28:01 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1071

It's not JG.

By s. tone ragma7 (stone ragma)21/1 14:33Sun Jan 21 14:33:42 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1010

Guy Hadland

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")21/1 13:30Sun Jan 21 13:30:40 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1110

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:30:40 on 27th January 2024

By MJNB21/1 14:57Sun Jan 21 14:57:59 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 990

Storer

By VoR21/1 15:14Sun Jan 21 15:14:09 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 972

Storer for me too...definitely.

By Breadline (Helpline......999)21/1 16:40Sun Jan 21 16:40:27 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 894

STORER 💪

By VS Griff (VS Boro)21/1 13:32Sun Jan 21 13:32:23 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1070

Its AD

^^^^^ Just joking.

My guess its actually the current Boro manager

2 people like this 2 people

By VoR21/1 13:21Sun Jan 21 13:21:15 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1070

That sounds to me as if it will most likely be a Private Limited Company, limited by guarantee, with a Board of Directors, who are co-owners.

Edited by VoR at 13:21:28 on 21st January 2024

By LukeS (LH)21/1 12:30Sun Jan 21 12:30:55 2024In response to From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1160

In response, Jim Evans has agreed to facilitate an open meeting, ahead of any Fan Forum, to sign up new members to the co-op and form a working committee.

By StockingfordBrew21/1 13:12Sun Jan 21 13:12:04 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1107

Already dividing supporters what i've seen on facebook. The stadium plan as amazing as its sounds, I do feel is extremely too ambitious at this stage and people do forget how difficult it is to gain planning permission to build a stadium in the town. I reckon itll take at least four or five years before any works can begin on any new stadium. I'm not sure if enthusiasm would be their if we at play more than one season out of town.

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:20Sun Jan 21 13:20:12 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1065

There is a better route to a more sustainable stadium, that would favour a CIC part-fan owned model when negotiating with the council over the land, compared to a 100% investor owner model

By VoR21/1 13:24Sun Jan 21 13:24:41 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1041

The best site in Nuneaton for any CIC, part-fan owned club is Avenue Road, with NBBC retaining ownership of the land & the Club renting on a 100-year lease.

Edit:

The key driver for any new Club, in whatever guise, is to engage with NBBC as the first port of call, to clearly establish what is possible in the town from a Planning viewpoint.

Edited by VoR at 13:28:55 on 21st January 2024

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:30Sun Jan 21 13:30:58 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1027

Not just planning. NBBC have problems to solve and a new community club could be a great win-win.

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:27Sun Jan 21 13:27:15 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1044

And if the pitch is 3G/4G with community use, a large part of the development costs will be covered by S106 monies from all these housing developments.

It's an amazing opportunity.

By Gustavus21/1 13:42Sun Jan 21 13:42:15 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1051

I don’t think that’s right but the rest of what you are posting is pretty spot on

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:43Sun Jan 21 13:43:50 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

It is, I have confirmed it myself with NBBC.

By Gustavus21/1 13:44Sun Jan 21 13:44:45 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1043

I doubt that!

It could apply to future developments.

By VoR21/1 13:54Sun Jan 21 13:54:19 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

NBBC already have a significant S106 kitty that would have been accumulated under various headings, on various developments.

S106 funds can be used for projects anywhere in the Borough & not only for use on a particular development.

Particular developments also attract their own specific S106 contributions as a part of their S106 Agreement with NBBC.

NBBC go down the route of S106 Agreements, as opposed to a CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy).

They currently do not have a policy in place for a CIL.

Edited by VoR at 13:54:44 on 21st January 2024

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:53Sun Jan 21 13:53:37 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1006

The NBBC have identified the need for three more community 3G pitches as a priority. There are two at the moment, Nuneaton Academy and The Oval, Bedworth.

The funding is already in a section 106 pot, the only thing stopping the council is that they have nobody to operate the pitches. They refuse to do it themselves as they end up being a drain on resources.

There have already been discussions with interested parties for many months regarding the Gala Field on this very basis. And the investors planning on starting a new club have also joined the list of suitors

By VoR21/1 14:00Sun Jan 21 14:00:01 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1012

Gala Field has a large enough Plan area that could eventually accommodate a 5000-capacity Stadium.

The new Stadium could be built in a number of planned Phases to suit the new Club's progression through the leagues.

Membership of EFL Leagues One & Two, requires a 5000 minimum capacity Stadium, including 2000 seats, after 3 years of continuous membership of the EFL.

Edited by VoR at 14:00:39 on 21st January 2024

By LukeS (LH)21/1 14:04Sun Jan 21 14:04:27 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 993

Someone has even drawn up plans for submission for planning permission, but hasn't (yet)

By VoR21/1 13:32Sun Jan 21 13:32:13 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1054

Yes, S106 contributions from housebuilders would amount to a significant amount of money.

I am sure the Boro have also already been taking advice from Sport England.

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:39Sun Jan 21 13:39:28 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1013

Remember the Boro don't exist at the moment. But several groups have there eye on Avenue Road and have already had discussions with NBBC.

However, if it comes to a choice, surely a community club would be the preferred choice to run a community stadium.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)21/1 18:28Sun Jan 21 18:28:23 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 807

The football club doesn't but Boro Leisure do. I suppose technically Boro Leisure could form a mens football team,............I know that wont happen.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)21/1 13:14Sun Jan 21 13:14:06 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1038

The think with this type of thing is not "What should be done", but "Who can do it".

There lies the problem.........what ever route is taken, it will fall on a few to take it on and if they dont get it right then problems arise.

By StockingfordBrew21/1 13:31Sun Jan 21 13:31:11 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1035

I still think some sort of merger with Nuneaton Griff, maybe only realistic direction. Start in Midland Combination Division One, play of course at the Pingles. As time goes on look to redevelop the pingles in order to get ready for the higher levels if the club did progress up the pyramid. Whilst at the Pingles, make a long term project of building a 5,000 stadium within the town part of a five to six year plan.

However some supporters I can understand will want to aim at a higher level, however I think we know if this was to happen, we would have to look at playing out of town which is not ideal. Plus in terms of making income etc, luring supporters we would be struggling.

By VoR21/1 13:44Sun Jan 21 13:44:12 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1093

The Pingles Stadium is only suitable for playing at Level 9/Step 5.

To go any higher would require a solid perimeter boundary fence around the Stadium, that cannot be seen through from the outside.

To gain a full Planning Permission & build a new 5000-capacity Stadium in the town, would take (IMO) at least 10 years, so we would need a medium term 10-year rolling groundshare agreement in place with another club, to future-proof the short to medium term & longer term ambitions of the new Club.

If that groundshare agreement is with another club who are out of town, so be it...bite the bullet!

By VS Griff (VS Boro)21/1 13:42Sun Jan 21 13:42:32 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1005

Thats my gut reaction.

Nuneaton does have a football club.

Griff not really for me due to running track

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:17Sun Jan 21 13:17:54 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1061

Agreed, that is why we need to assemble the right people.

By VS Griff (VS Boro)21/1 13:28Sun Jan 21 13:28:46 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1052

If they exist. And I am not knocking those who are trying now.

I have an idea....
What if a local business man, who is a life long Boro supporter, has experience of managing and being involved with local clubs (from Sunday to SL level) offered his help :)

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:34Sun Jan 21 13:34:06 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1027

There is a second group in the offing, that does have connections to who you are referring to. These could easily come to the fore if the other investor led group fail.

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)21/1 13:36Sun Jan 21 13:36:24 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1047

Who are the investor group and who are this 2nd group?

By LukeS (LH)21/1 13:58Sun Jan 21 13:58:57 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1024

The investor group are from Birmingham. The other group appear to be local entrepreneurs with no previous connections to the club, but have had discussions in the past

By Jebbs (Jebbsy)21/1 14:10Sun Jan 21 14:10:04 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 982

Where do the coop stand on all this?
Are they leaning themselves towards either this B'ham investor group or the local lot?

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)21/1 14:05Sun Jan 21 14:05:49 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1000

happy to sit and listen their pitches dragon den style

By VoR21/1 14:12Sun Jan 21 14:12:26 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1012

Nuneaton Borough is & always has been a 'big name' in non-league football & anyone worth their salt would know that!

If the Nuns had anyone with any common sense, they would have realised that an amicable groundshare with the Boro at Avenue Road, would have taken them back to being nearer to their roots & a prominent position in the town but sadly their intentions have proved to be otherwise!...very sad.

IMO, a great opportunity missed/wasted.

Edited by VoR at 14:12:58 on 21st January 2024

By Inquisitiveone21/1 14:55Sun Jan 21 14:55:41 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1010

Common sense VoR has been sadly lacking during the whole of this sorry incident which is why a broad church is required to mange and maintain a sports institution. As one who has demonstrated ample knowledge of many things, I hope you can bring these to bear in the future.

By mark-nbfc21/1 15:18Sun Jan 21 15:18:11 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1002

Hopefully this broad church can be found.
The proposals that LukeS on here has shared sound the most promising to me.

---
Hope is not a plan.

By Gustavus21/1 15:27Sun Jan 21 15:27:15 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 958

It definitely can happen and I hope it does.

The 106 position is different to the one stated here and the prospective developers and operators will need to learn from what’s happening at the. College.

The likely partner won’t be the Club but I think in this case that’s a good thing. The Club may be able to be involved though.

It’s a good site, good proposal and what was stated correctly is there is a local need expressed in the local plan.

By VoR21/1 15:45Sun Jan 21 15:45:35 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 906

Why can't the Nuns be a part of this?

Why can't a Sporting Trust be created, bringing together NBBC, the Boro & the Nuns?

If NBBC could afford to fund the construction of a new 4G pitch (incorporating a shock pad), the same as the one at the Butts, it would be a cracking facility.

I believe the pitch at the Butts cost circa £600k but I stand to be corrected.

IMO, that would make the re-development of LW more cost effective, possibly only having to re-model the site, which could also be used as a joint Training Facility for use by both Clubs & their Junior Sections.

Is that beyond the level of thinking of those making the decisions?

Just my thoughts!

Edited by VoR at 15:46:22 on 21st January 2024
Edited by VoR at 15:47:11 on 21st January 2024

By Gustavus21/1 15:49Sun Jan 21 15:49:31 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 984

No reason they couldn’t but they already own approx 45 acres so have no real need. Their biggest issue since approx 2007 has not been having games next to the Clubhouse on a guaranteed basis.

With common sense they should be back on their old first team pitch soon anyway. Their last home game of the season is potentially huge 1st v 2nd for promotion so would be great if they can have a big crowd next to clubhouse with huge number of diners pre game. They may also get their main sponsors back to provide financial backing.

And Avenue Road if it is delivered will be via community CIC not via football club.

Edited by Gustavus at 15:50:52 on 21st January 2024

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")21/1 16:08Sun Jan 21 16:08:08 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 956

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:30:24 on 27th January 2024

By ManorParkBlue21/1 16:17Sun Jan 21 16:17:50 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 899

Because he’s from AT / involved with the rugby club or NR.

He’s known what’s happening all along. Check his previous posts.

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")21/1 16:22Sun Jan 21 16:22:25 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 898

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:30:07 on 27th January 2024

By VoR21/1 15:51Sun Jan 21 15:51:52 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 957

All pre-meditated then Gustavus!!?

I hope not!!!

Edit:

The difficulty I have with all of this & I'm sure you will agree, with both of us being long-standing Boro supporters, is has there been wilful intent.

A wilful, pre-meditated act, intended to cause harm to a person and/or property is a criminal offence.

Edited by VoR at 16:17:48 on 21st January 2024
Edited by VoR at 16:29:04 on 21st January 2024

By Gustavus21/1 16:25Sun Jan 21 16:25:44 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 932

They wilfully didn’t pay the rent?

And no I don’t think anything is pre mediated but what I suggested is the common sense next step now there’s a vacancy.

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")21/1 16:30Sun Jan 21 16:30:37 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 910

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:29:40 on 27th January 2024

By VoR21/1 16:35Sun Jan 21 16:35:29 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 898

They have been rumbled.

I feel very sorry for JG, he has been very vocal since being ousted & has suffered massive personal harm to both himself & his Club.

He says he doesn't know either whether what he has been told is the truth?

If I was standing in his shoes, I know what I would be doing next, finding myself a top lawyer.

By Inquisitiveone21/1 17:16Sun Jan 21 17:16:59 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 869

Lawyers = cost. Top ones more cost. I can imagine that one piece of advice that any lawyer might have given to Boro and its directors would have concerned the risk surrounding non-payment of rent.

By VoR21/1 17:22Sun Jan 21 17:22:45 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 831

Call me suspicious but the rent trap was possibly set during Covid?

Maybe I am making 2 +2 = 5

By Greg (NBFC)22/1 10:53Mon Jan 22 10:53:27 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 567

I think that may be making 2+2=an elephant. Totally unrelated things linked through a meaningless expression.

By VoR22/1 10:58Mon Jan 22 10:58:45 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 529

You could be right.

By Inquisitiveone21/1 18:27Sun Jan 21 18:27:42 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 800

I wouldn’t know any details but Covid was 4 years ago soon. For how long can Covid be used in any reasoning?

By Bartender (Bartender)21/1 17:50Sun Jan 21 17:50:49 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 840

What trap, living in cuckoo land.
We made a profit during Covid, why didn't we clear the rent with the profit, because we decided not to.
If we had the money available when the padlocks went on why hadn't we paid the rent before, because we decided to take the piss and spend it elsewhere. No wonder AT are pissed off.
Forget AT the club is going into liquidation because it owes 100's of thousands of pounds to HMRC, VAT, ENERGY company and god knows who else.
The board wanted JG out not AT, Why do you think SE walked away, because he is a businessman and FC was operating insolvent, thats why we need a scapegoat.

4 people like this 4 people

By Boropod (BoroughPod)21/1 18:34Sun Jan 21 18:34:46 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 773

I've not heard we had an agreement to restructure payment in writing, if we did have then AT would not have risked terminating the lease if we were up to date on payments. 1 we did not have a written agreement, 2 we did not pay, either way knowing they have always been hostile and our number was up in 3 years it was a bit silly to let this happen.
I had a tenant that asked me verbally to miss a months rent on the flat I rent to him as his work was closed down.
I emailed him to confirm our conversation.
I then put in writing he could make up the missing rent over 6 months by paying an agreed amount off each month. He told me he was moving out in a few months and would pay it out of his deposit at the end of tenancy, I sent him an email to confirm this . A year later despite reminders he left I took the arrears out of his deposit and returned the balance telling him why in writing. A few weeks later the deposit scheme called telling me he had complained and was thinking of legal action. I sent them all the emails. Funnily enough I never heard anything else.

Note to self, 'be careful what you wish for'

By VoR21/1 18:05Sun Jan 21 18:05:11 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 808

The mystery deepens?

...& AT just watched on, making a generous offer during Covid to let the rent fall into arrears...waiting their moment?

By Inquisitiveone21/1 18:31Sun Jan 21 18:31:24 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 804

Continuation of claim, counterclaim and blame. Let’s all move on and hope that the famous NBFC will be reincarnated in the near-ish future with a broad church of management.

By VoR21/1 18:36Sun Jan 21 18:36:04 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 766

I agree with that sentiment entirely from a supporters standpoint.

For that to happen, those people involved at the sharp end of running the Club, now & in the very recent past, will also need to agree with that sentiment, at some point.

By Bartender (Bartender)21/1 18:27Sun Jan 21 18:27:05 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 766

AT couldn't just turn up and put the padlocks on, history shows we just stick our head in the sand and expected it to go away, bailiffs would of had to do due diligence before putting padlocks on, same thing happened with skipgate FC didn't pay invoices for access rights to ground, ignored all communication and blame the Nuns when access is removed
Had enough of ballshit theories when the only blame is at our door, whether it was GJ, LT, IN, SMURF or NH
Nuneaton Boro was and is not sustainable to be run in dreamland.
Live within our means.

Edited by Bartender at 18:27:24 on 21st January 2024

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")21/1 16:43Sun Jan 21 16:43:09 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 887

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:28:56 on 27th January 2024

By Gustavus21/1 16:47Sun Jan 21 16:47:17 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 885

It was named Liberty Way when the Nuns first moved there approx 1999 after the road at the entrance.

Since been given various names after sponsors of us.

I don’t know what fee they could negotiate?

I doubt they can be too empathetic after what happened to the 125 year groundshare they had agreed when they found Boro a shared home.

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")21/1 16:55Sun Jan 21 16:55:06 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 875

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:28:36 on 27th January 2024

By Gustavus21/1 19:13Sun Jan 21 19:13:23 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 815

Well I am sure they can only be more amicable than Ian Neale was in 2008. Hope you spoke out then!

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")22/1 06:42Mon Jan 22 06:42:18 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 706

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:28:18 on 27th January 2024

By VS Griff (VS Boro)22/1 08:18Mon Jan 22 08:18:40 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 661

I think the low rent paid by the Nuns was part of the agreement to allow Boro' to purchase at a lower than book price value.

Boro needed the land; The Nuns needed somewhere to play; The Boro could not afford market value
SO (for illustration) - Sale £100 plus peppercorn rent OR £120 plus full rent.

If Nuns stuck out for market value, then Boro would be homeless and the Nuns probably financially ruined.

Also, what Boro were paying AT was probably very low in the scheme of things.

By Gustavus22/1 08:51Mon Jan 22 08:51:41 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 644

Also included the training pitches we used for free and the access rights to turnstiles for free we got for free.

Our friend is right that it was stadiasafe originally but Boro Leisure who didn’t honour it and Boro Leisure which has now not paid the rent.

By VoR22/1 09:03Mon Jan 22 09:03:41 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 587

I would hardly consider not paying the rent to be a Zulu shield to hide behind!

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")22/1 09:02Mon Jan 22 09:02:38 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 624

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:27:52 on 27th January 2024

By Gustavus22/1 09:23Mon Jan 22 09:23:43 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 689

The same reason they wore blue and white stripes and said we were "the Boro"!

3 people like this 3 people

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")22/1 09:33Mon Jan 22 09:33:43 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 655

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:27:34 on 27th January 2024

By Gustavus22/1 09:41Mon Jan 22 09:41:07 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 647

They = Directors

We = Boro

It's not rocket science!

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")22/1 18:30Mon Jan 22 18:30:56 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 551

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:27:17 on 27th January 2024

By Gustavus22/1 20:20Mon Jan 22 20:20:57 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 520

Keep up!

You asked “Why should Boro Leisure honour an agreement that was signed by a company that no longer existed....”

I therefore referred to Boro Leisure (Directors) as they.

I don’t think when I was providing score updates from Hinckley, Barwell, Stratford, Mickleover, and Leamington that I referred to the Boro team as “they” but no doubt your forensic investigatory powers may decipher otherwise.

As your other point I very much doubt anything has happened at Liberty Way yet. But if there is a vacant pitch next to Nuns clubhouse why shouldn’t they come to an arrangement to play there? Personally I think they would be mad not to do so given the boost to revenue.

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")22/1 20:48Mon Jan 22 20:48:28 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 426

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:26:47 on 27th January 2024

By Gustavus22/1 20:51Mon Jan 22 20:51:07 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 434

I’ll have a pint of what you’re on!

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")22/1 21:03Mon Jan 22 21:03:35 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 438

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:26:28 on 27th January 2024

By VoR22/1 21:48Mon Jan 22 21:48:47 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 385

Let's cut to the bottom line now burro, whatever anyone thinks about the situation at LW, what has happened is obscene & is indefensable & the behaviour of both sides is totally unacceptable.

That is why we have arrived at the position we find ourselves in, which brings shame on our town.

It is the worst possible advertisement for our town & NBBC must be concerned, given they are trying to promote the future of our town in the wider business sector/community.

Edited by VoR at 21:49:42 on 22nd January 2024

By VS Griff (VS Boro)22/1 09:18Mon Jan 22 09:18:38 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 623

Lets look how history worked out.

The Boro Leisure was created, the Boro owned a ground, had a club and (IMO due to deal to by land) had the "irritation" of having another local club playing on the pitch (who lucky for them had other land).

Roll on about 15 years and now we have no club, no ground, no land and the former owner blaming AT for killing a local club. With the possibility the Nuns having a new ground and/or returning to LW.

By VoR22/1 09:32Mon Jan 22 09:32:39 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 616

You need to also consider Ian Neale's upset when he asked the Nuns not to play on the Main Stadium pitch after a period of very bad weather, they ignored him, played on the pitch & caused £5k's (?) worth of damage.

That shows the level of respect afforded to Ian by the Nuns!

You are dealing with 'rugby types', they are a different animal.

I have spent many hours standing near to them & sitting by them over many years & they are different!

By VoR22/1 09:06Mon Jan 22 09:06:02 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 607

...& is paying a peppercorn rent for 125 years a justifiable/reasonable/sustainable commercial position?

Leases can be re-negotiated.

By VoR22/1 08:33Mon Jan 22 08:33:14 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 646

Notwithstanding the Boro paid for the Stadium construction, that then added value to the land, a facility to be shared by the Nuns.

Edited by VoR at 08:34:06 on 22nd January 2024

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")22/1 08:47Mon Jan 22 08:47:10 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 651

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:26:02 on 27th January 2024

By VS Griff (VS Boro)22/1 09:08Mon Jan 22 09:08:21 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 606

And a couple of years later he owned the club and ground.
This after Stocker got involved, appointed Neale and got his money back from the nuns 🤔

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")22/1 09:18Mon Jan 22 09:18:21 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 605

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:25:44 on 27th January 2024

By VoR22/1 09:00Mon Jan 22 09:00:20 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 612

Taking stock, we should not be surprised by what has happened at LW.

The wonderful social game of Rugby Union is being slowly & progressively destroyed by its governing body, the RFU, with its failed business model of 'Professionalism' & the vast majority of rugby supporters are powerless to stop it from happening.

The game will eventually implode & so destruction has now become part of rugby's thinking.

I am saying this as a former rugby player myself (for my old school team Manor Park Old Boys) & someone who enjoys the social side of watching elite rugby matches live, with my mates.

We have also enjoyed watching games at the Nuns, particularly in the 'old days' at the Harry Cleaver ground, when the Nuns were an established name in rugby circles & had a top quality fixture list.

Sadly those days are gone for the Nuns, they are just one of many hundreds of Junior clubs around the country, with very little support.

What they want with a 4650 capacity Stadium, when their regular support is in the handfuls is beyond me but as I said the game of rugby is now well versed in the art of destruction & more particularly self-destruction.

Leave them be now would be my advice, they have achieved their ultimate aim!

By Gustavus22/1 08:01Mon Jan 22 08:01:03 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 665

Ah you mean the figure agreed for, signed and the basis on which the ground was shared for 125 years! When we couldn’t find a ground anywhere in the town.

burgermaster? Yep Ronald McDonald

karma karma comedian!

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")22/1 08:23Mon Jan 22 08:23:42 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 677

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:25:24 on 27th January 2024

By VoR22/1 06:54Mon Jan 22 06:54:23 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 713

He's just used the word "us"!!!

...& he's commenting in detail about what will happen at Avenue Road!!!

Is he the Burgomaster?

Edited by VoR at 06:55:57 on 22nd January 2024
Edited by VoR at 06:58:55 on 22nd January 2024

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")22/1 08:42Mon Jan 22 08:42:58 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 636

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:24:56 on 27th January 2024

By Greg (NBFC)21/1 16:37Sun Jan 21 16:37:51 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 910

How has JG been harmed?

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")21/1 17:00Sun Jan 21 17:00:01 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 868

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:24:37 on 27th January 2024

By VoR21/1 16:58Sun Jan 21 16:58:56 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 885

He has 'sacrificed' himself & his Club, for the good of the Club, on the basis of what he has been told & he doesn't know what he has been told is the truth.

He has lost everything that matters to him in football & IMO been scapegoated.

It is a personal issue for JG.

By Greg (NBFC)22/1 10:51Mon Jan 22 10:51:29 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 534

What you say may be true, VoR. In fact part of it is undoubtedly true. However, I think it would be stretching things to turn that into a legal case that has even the remotest chance of succeeding.

By VoR22/1 11:11Mon Jan 22 11:11:16 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 535

I am not so sure.

JG & his company have suffered harm.

Whether that is of his own making, in which case, having been very vocal in both the press & on the radio, he should now go off into a quiet corner & lick his wounds.

Whether he believes he has been wronged by a pre-meditated wilful act is for him to consider & if so take the necessary legal action...that is a criminal offence.

To do this he could engage a good Solicitor to prepare a 'brief' for him based on the facts & his 'instructed solicitor' could then refer his brief to Counsel, to seek a Barristers 'Opinion'.

IMO, they are his two options, he can either 'put up' or 'shut up'.

What doesn't sit well with me, is that despite 'sacrificing' himself for the good of the Club, to allow for a possible return to LW, that clearly has no substance, confirmed by the events that have followed his departure.

Who told him that he had to leave & on what basis?

We need to know now who else was involved in that discussion, because they could still be involved with our Club going forward!.

By Greg (NBFC)22/1 11:37Mon Jan 22 11:37:45 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 528

If Arden Tigress had committed to writing that they would talk if JG was no longer involved, then JG may have the slightest glimmer of a case. However, the evidence we've seen so far is that AT are not speaking to anyone on the record.

As landlord, of course, AT is absolutely within its rights to assert that it has lost faith in Boro Leisure and anyone involved with BL. Then, if terms and conditions of the lease are broken, to terminate the relationship and the contract. It seems to me that's exactly what has happened, and no law has been broken.

By VoR22/1 11:40Mon Jan 22 11:40:36 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 512

Who told JG he had to leave & on what basis?

By Greg (NBFC)22/1 11:49Mon Jan 22 11:49:34 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 554

In order for there to be a legal case, that would be the first thing to be proven. I don't know what you have been told, but all I have seen is a rather vague post asserting that AT or one of its directors intimated that JG had to go. As far as I know, no-one has produced a letter, email or even text to back this up officially. Until that happens, JG may be upset at what's happened (aren't we all?) but there is no legal issue.

By VoR22/1 11:52Mon Jan 22 11:52:24 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 563

As I said previously, JG needs to either 'put up' or 'shut up'.

By Wotnostrikers22/1 20:00Mon Jan 22 20:00:45 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 416

Shut up would be fantastic…and a first

By Greg (NBFC)22/1 13:03Mon Jan 22 13:03:00 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 519

We can agree on that.

By VoR22/1 13:43Mon Jan 22 13:43:00 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 490

Good.

By Vernon221/1 17:16Sun Jan 21 17:16:08 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 851

Bizarre post. Sorry.

By VoR21/1 17:24Sun Jan 21 17:24:28 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 851

I am sure that JG has also suffered a loss of income & a threat to his livelihood?

By uneaton burro ("THE ERASER")21/1 17:15Sun Jan 21 17:15:03 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 844

No text

Edited by "THE ERASER" at 08:24:20 on 27th January 2024

By VoR21/1 15:08Sun Jan 21 15:08:10 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 1051

I would like to have a critical look at any Stadium plans/proposals, if that is possible, to make sure that a phased development is possible & that everything is only built once, without the need for abortive work/construction.

Edit:

This is all a part of future-proofing the Club & making sure that money is not wasted on unnecessary 'off-field' stuff, that could be better used to finance the playing squad, the 'on-field' stuff.

There has to be the right balance, because all of this has to be properly & securely financed.

Edited by VoR at 15:11:38 on 21st January 2024
Edited by VoR at 15:12:16 on 21st January 2024

By Pilsbury21/1 15:47Sun Jan 21 15:47:00 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 970

106 funding can only be used for the infrastructure. A 5000 capacity stadium would cost in the region of 8 to 12 million depending on the time scale, no clue if the council have that much in the fund, or other available funding to cover it.

By LukeS (LH)21/1 15:56Sun Jan 21 15:56:46 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 956

Yes, s106 would cover the pitch, security perimeter, floodlights, changing facilities and some car parking.

Any supporter facilities would need to be funded, but you don't need a 5,000 capacity from day one.

By Pilsbury21/1 16:31Sun Jan 21 16:31:37 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 912

I would imagine it’s easier to have access to the fund in one go rather than multiple applications. Unsure if you should follow the route Leamington took or just go for it, especially with the history.

By VoR21/1 15:49Sun Jan 21 15:49:40 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 941

With respect, a budget of £5 million would IMO be adequate, including the Boro's loss of revenue arising out of a 10-year groundshare out of town.

By Camp hill reserves (Camp hill reserves)21/1 17:29Sun Jan 21 17:29:50 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 819

I reckon it’s possible to knock up a alvechurch style ground over a couple of weekends

rushall type ground maybe 3 or 4 weekends

lol 😂

By Gustavus21/1 15:03Sun Jan 21 15:03:42 2024In response to Re: From Facebook - Re: THE FUTURE OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN NUNEATONTop of thread

Views: 987

Hear Hear!

Previous thread: Pheonix Club Constitution - Choices by VoR20/1 08:55Sat Jan 20 08:55:14 2024view thread